Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Makeb [Staged] Weekly Being Removed in 4.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Makeb [Staged] Weekly Being Removed in 4.0
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ikinai
08.26.2015 , 02:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We wanted to pass on a heads up about some Achievements which will be coming out of the game with Game Update 4.0.

Category: Citizens of Makeb
  • Mass Exodus
  • Hero of the Citizens of Makeb
  • Making the Connection

Category: Makeb Imperial Forces
  • Contain and Control
  • Hero of the Makeb Imperial Forces
  • Well Connected
All players who complete Making the Connection and/or Well Connected achievements before they are removed will be receiving a Makeb Gazebo decoration in the mail around the time Game Update 4.0 launches. If you don’t have those achievements but you are looking to get them before they are retired, now is the time! We’ll see you all on Makeb.

-eric
Hmm, That's one way to force me to complete Makeb.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Theeko
08.26.2015 , 02:46 PM | #12
What if you get the achievement before 4.0 on one server but not the other, and then server transfer after you get the decor can you still get it on new server?

TheSeventhJedi
08.26.2015 , 02:46 PM | #13
Well, it's not much, but it's information, and I'll take it.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

SithEmpress
08.26.2015 , 02:52 PM | #14
I'm wondering why they are removing this and it makes me worried about other content that could face being removed. At least they are giving us a head up, which is better then nothing. I would like to hear the reason why it's being removed.

To anyone who has complete the achievement could you give me an estimated on how long it takes to complete as I haven't start it. I would like to get it done but I'm very busy right now.
If you are looking for refer a friend link, than I have one for you right
here Click Here. Hey well both get some shines!

DarthDymond
08.26.2015 , 02:53 PM | #15
Are there actual changes coming to the missions / world on Makeb, as well? That's the only reason I could see to remove the Achievements like that.

While I'm not too concerned about the achievements for their own sake, I do want to complete the Makeb story arc on all my characters - so a heads-up if that will not be possible after 4.0 would be appreciated.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

ikinai
08.26.2015 , 02:57 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEmpress View Post
I'm wondering why they are removing this and it makes me worried about other content that could face being removed. At least they are giving us a head up, which is better then nothing. I would like to hear the reason why it's being removed.

To anyone who has complete the achievement could you give me an estimated on how long it takes to complete as I haven't start it. I would like to get it done but I'm very busy right now.
I think those are the missions you get daily from the droid on the Makeb space station. check it daily, or have someone on your server check it to see which one it is.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Bstr
08.26.2015 , 02:59 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEmpress View Post
Depends on the number of characters you have. It takes doing the Weekly about 3-4 times on each side to complete them all. Some of the dailies are very short (less than 5 minutes) and some are an hour long. Each Weekly requires you do 6 Dailies + 1 interlude mission. The achievements require that you do them in a certain order and some require you to do extra "Bonus" missions during the dailies:

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/11/swtor-we...evement-guide/

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/12/swtor-ma...evement-guide/
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Bosha: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: BG Merc. Bophia: Fury Maur. Borbend: Med. Op. Bo'ya: Dark. Sin
<Reformation> Ebon Hawk Server

EricMusco
08.26.2015 , 02:59 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Some quick changes, and clarifications.

What is being removed is the Makeb [Staged] Weekly Missions. In there place, we are putting new Weekly Missions which will contain largely the same content they do now, except presented in a way that is more consistent with the other Planetary Weekly Missions.

I have also updates the thread title to more accurately reflect. Sorry for the confusion!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SithEmpress
08.26.2015 , 03:00 PM | #19
Thank you guys for the information!
If you are looking for refer a friend link, than I have one for you right
here Click Here. Hey well both get some shines!

TUXs
08.26.2015 , 03:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Some quick changes, and clarifications.

What is being removed is the Makeb [Staged] Weekly Missions. In there place, we are putting new Weekly Missions which will contain largely the same content they do now, except presented in a way that is more consistent with the other Planetary Weekly Missions.

I have also updates the thread title to more accurately reflect. Sorry for the confusion!

-eric
Bah! There goes my theory that it was being Death Star'd.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)