Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resolution

RakatanEmperor
12.13.2011 , 04:56 PM | #1
I have figured out how to change it so I could play the game instead of just sitting there, but when I load the game, I got as far as character creation before I quit to post this, everything is squished like there is a black hole in the middle of the screen pulling everything inwards. How can I fix this?

Adric_the_Red
08.26.2016 , 05:37 PM | #2
Exit completely out of the game.

Open Windows Exploder and navigate to C:\Users\<username>\App Data\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings
(Or hold down the Windows key and press R, type %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings in the box, and click OK)

Open the client_settings.ini file with Notepad or some other text editor.
Make sure the settings for

NativeHeight =
NativeWidth =

match your monitor, and that the settings for

Height =
Width =

match the ones above.
You may also want to check that you have

D3DFullScreen = true
FullScreen = true

Make any changes needed, save the file, and start up again.

Or if you're uncomfortable with editing the settings, you can just delete the file entirely, and the game will make a new one with "default" settings when you start it up again.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

JediQuaker
08.27.2016 , 08:42 AM | #3
Note - "AppData" is a hidden folder. You can either go to folder options in Control Panel and set it to show hidden folders, or type the path in directly.

Ahrngrim
08.27.2016 , 08:56 AM | #4
Try hitting ALT + Enter that should reset the Graphic Settings or an Game Repair:

Non-Streaming launcher*- Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner.
If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.
Streaming launcher*- If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.
My referall link: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQgzk7

Adric_the_Red
08.27.2016 , 01:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahrngrim View Post
Try hitting ALT + Enter that should reset the Graphic Settings or an Game Repair:

Non-Streaming launcher*- Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner.
If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.
Streaming launcher*- If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.
Alt + Enter doesn't "reset the graphics settings". It simply toggles between fullscreen and windowed mode.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

Ahrngrim
08.29.2016 , 01:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
Alt + Enter doesn't "reset the graphics settings". It simply toggles between fullscreen and windowed mode.
You are most probably right, lets say it reload the Graphics or refresh them a least it helps often with this sort of problems.
My referall link: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQgzk7