Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech or Biochem for soloing medical operative (particularly yellow H4s)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech or Biochem for soloing medical operative (particularly yellow H4s)?

sutasafaia
08.19.2015 , 12:08 AM | #1
I couldn't care less about which class gets the best crits/whatever, I know how that works, there's tons of guides. It's not important.

I am currently leveling a medicine operative whose goal is to solo all the heroic 4's on level, so far up to 39 I have managed to do it. I'm unsure which is going to be a bigger benefit in the long run though. My cybertech is currently almost 400 and I've kept my gear (which is 100% orange gear, at least in the slots where you can have it) always up to date. It's been a huge help, it's been fairly easy, and it's definitely cheaper than trying to farm or purchase on level gear every time a new H4 pops up.

On the other hand, stims. Not sure if stims alone make a difference compared to easy access to gear but that's why I'm asking on the forum. I don't even remember the last time I had to use a medkit on my med-op so those aren't really important. I suppose there's an argument to be made that you need implants more than earpieces, since you need two implants, so that's at least one point in favor of biochem considering people list implants for huge prices. That said, would they make up the difference between having always up to date gear in almost every slot?

Not sure, need help on this one. I wouldn't relish the idea of dropping cybertech to level biochem but if it would give me a genuine advantage for my soloing I would do it.

Also, since it may be important: I almost never PvP outside if daily/weekly quests, same goes for raids/ops/instances/etc. I have plenty of grouping chars but this one is intended to solo 99% of the time.

psandak
08.19.2015 , 09:53 AM | #2
This is an interesting question...

IMO you should stick with Cybertech, for the grenades if nothing else. They are an additional stun that could prove very useful. Stims in general provide about a armoring's and a half worth of stats...not that impressive...not going to make or break a situation. Grenades could be the determining factor.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date