Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can anyone confirm rank 1 schematics (char level 5 & 7) are impossible to RE?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Can anyone confirm rank 1 schematics (char level 5 & 7) are impossible to RE?

BenduKundalini
08.18.2015 , 12:22 PM | #11
Aaah I see, thanks. You might want to clarify that in your very good guide.

So to sum it up: apart from some exceptions, comms stuff, random drop stuff, quest reward stuff can't produce a schem. Only token-grade ones, past or present, or ones that have the exact same stats as token stuff.

Questions/confirmations:

- is this then still true for old lvl 50 columi/tionese stuff (whichever is 124) and rakata (140) I guess? No point in the former (why would you equip 124, which must require a ton of grade 7 mats, when you can leapfrog to the power of 140!), and I guess trainers still give schems for 140 even though the vendors are gone.

- does not work for pvp moddings (proving the token/token-like rule)

- some pvp shells schems can be found (or used to?) : which?

- what of other stuff that has different stats than trainer schematics? ie early guardian modding at a level the trainer only provides might moddings. I know we went over flat <lvl 50 rule already but I feel the game is riddled with exceptions so I prefer to be comprehensive.

- about the "No information available" message = what are the cases where this is false, and schem can actually be RE'd?

Thanks!

MSchuyler
08.18.2015 , 01:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
- about the "No information available" message = what are the cases where this is false, and schem can actually be RE'd?
This is particularly important because even with a "No Information Available" piece, you can still RE and take it apart to retrieve a mat or two. So what piece of knowledge is out there that can clue you into the difference?
In America the young are always ready to give to those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience. -- Oscar Wilde

CheaterLL
08.18.2015 , 01:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
Aaah I see, thanks. You might want to clarify that in your very good guide.

So to sum it up: apart from some exceptions, comms stuff, random drop stuff, quest reward stuff can't produce a schem. Only token-grade ones, past or present, or ones that have the exact same stats as token stuff.

Questions/confirmations:

- is this then still true for old lvl 50 columi/tionese stuff (whichever is 124) and rakata (140) I guess? No point in the former (why would you equip 124, which must require a ton of grade 7 mats, when you can leapfrog to the power of 140!), and I guess trainers still give schems for 140 even though the vendors are gone.

- does not work for pvp moddings (proving the token/token-like rule)

- some pvp shells schems can be found (or used to?) : which?

- what of other stuff that has different stats than trainer schematics? ie early guardian modding at a level the trainer only provides might moddings. I know we went over flat <lvl 50 rule already but I feel the game is riddled with exceptions so I prefer to be comprehensive.

Thanks!
1) I have an 124 enhancement that I can't re (atleast the tooltip sais so). But 124 Modification schematics drop in Eternity Vault.

2) Nope, no pvp re'ing

3) There are some old Battlemaster Gear can be crafted, but it's no longer obtainable

4) Basically everything that is for tanks pre level 30ish is only available through crafting (stuff with defence, shield and absorb rating)
Don't know of anything else atm

5) Only happened for me with 180 rating gear.
CheaterLL, GM <you always wipe together>
Semi-Progression @ T3-M4
Juggernaut Tank/Sniper DPS/Sorcerer Heal

CheaterLL
08.18.2015 , 01:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
148 and 156 were operations grade in 1.x
No they weren't. 138 schematics are available at the vendor and can be re'd for 148 and then for 156.
I have 48 different green "xxx Enhancement 28" available for crafting on my artificer.

Fun fact: "Counterstrike Enhancement" is the low endurance verions of the "Wisdom Enhancement". They have Endurance/Defense/Alacrity.
Semi-Progression @ T3-M4

Khevar
08.18.2015 , 02:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CheaterLL View Post
No they weren't. 138 schematics are available at the vendor and can be re'd for 148 and then for 156.
I have 48 different green "xxx Enhancement 28" available for crafting on my artificer.
Psandak was referring to operations grades as of game version 1.x. The crafting you mention above was only possible after 2.0 dropped.

Pre 2.0 the highest tier of operations gear was Dread Guard / Hazmat, which is 150 rating, and was learnable only through RE of ops drops.

CheaterLL
08.18.2015 , 03:19 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Psandak was referring to operations grades as of game version 1.x. The crafting you mention above was only possible after 2.0 dropped.

Pre 2.0 the highest tier of operations gear was Dread Guard / Hazmat, which is 150 rating, and was learnable only through RE of ops drops.
But there was no 148 and 156 rating gear pre 2.0, only 150, 146 and below.
Semi-Progression @ T3-M4

BenduKundalini
08.18.2015 , 03:22 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CheaterLL View Post
1) I have an 124 enhancement that I can't re (atleast the tooltip sais so). But 124 Modification schematics drop in Eternity Vault.

2) Nope, no pvp re'ing

3) There are some old Battlemaster Gear can be crafted, but it's no longer obtainable

4) Basically everything that is for tanks pre level 30ish is only available through crafting (stuff with defence, shield and absorb rating)
Don't know of anything else atm

5) Only happened for me with 180 rating gear.
Great, thanks.

Only 180 huh? Interesting.

Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

Yeah I forgot 146 and 150 in my lvl 50 list, duh.