Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Battle Ground leveling possible

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Battle Ground leveling possible

jayderyu
12.13.2011 , 03:33 PM | #1
The thread title mostly explains it. Is it possible to do most of your leveling doing PVP?
I'm mostly going to play RP with my wife. However I'm off to join a PVP server guild because they are some WoW Guild mates.. I'm not entirely keen on doing all the quests. So i'm wondering is it reasonable to just do BG PVP for levels? I level from 12 to 15 during beta. but that's still relatively low compared to 40 to 50.

Lucyrotten
12.13.2011 , 04:38 PM | #2
I'm bumping this since I'm curious too!

Deferionus
12.13.2011 , 04:43 PM | #3
Yes, battlegrounds give EXP though questing is faster.

To be honest, quest on your first character, Bioware is famous for their RPG story elements and for a while the story will probably be the best point of this game until they do content patches to add end game. The game is currently strong in RPG elements but probably not as established in end game MMO elements as people expect.

I'd just suggest taking your time and enjoying the leveling and to not rush it.

LegionAlpha
12.13.2011 , 04:43 PM | #4
Yes. You can infact do all your level ups through PvP. However, the way that the game was designed was so that more focus was on content not the general ability to level up. The quest lines are good and infact just as interesting as doing PvP. For instance some quest lines may unlock certain things helpful to PvP but that is unknown to me still.

Overall you can level up straight PvP, but its not suggested as it will take longer in all honesty. You are better off doing a mixture of PvP, Questing, Flashpoints, Operations.

Montbrun
12.13.2011 , 04:48 PM | #5
You'll still need to do your "Class" Missions.
The BrotherHood - A Trooper-Only Republic Unit
Legionary
Regular Beta Tester - Squadron 238

Stovokor
12.13.2011 , 04:54 PM | #6
Roughly 1 - 10 you have to do questing or PvE related. At 10 you get access to warzones. It was loads of fun leveling through PvP though I would recommend a mix as well at certaion points. To say get access to your " ship ". PvP leveling also depends on ( i ) server faction balance and ( ii ) warzone que speed. WZ pops were nearly instant during beta weekend.
Stovokor
Honey Badgers | Hidden Fortress

Wound in The Force | The Bastion