Marauder DPS Rotation

Darth_Nephilim

I am only a 15 or so, but so far it is less a rotation, and more a priority system...

Against a normal mob = leap-battering-vicious til dead (assault when needed)

Against harder mobs = leap-battering-rupture-ravage-vicious (assault as needed), use rupture/battering/ravage as they come off cooldown.

I am sure this changes as more skills are gained, but it's a start at least.

I am only a 15 or so, but so far it is less a rotation, and more a priority system...

Against a normal mob = leap-battering-vicious til dead (assault when needed)

Against harder mobs = leap-battering-rupture-ravage-vicious (assault as needed), use rupture/battering/ravage as they come off cooldown.

I am sure this changes as more skills are gained, but it's a start at least.

after 20 I use:

elite mobs:

charge > deadly saber > battering > rupture > vicious slash > filler with assault (or berserk + assault or savage) > deadly saber > battering > rupture > vicious slash

normal single mobs:

charge > battering > spam vicious slash

normal group mobs:

charge > smash > battering > vicious slash > maybe vicious throw or rupture another mob...don't know I usually quest with a friend

I'm curious if there's a decent Annihilation rotation that'll maintain efficient dps while keeping the deadly saber dot active at all times. The tough part is you need to alternate force abilities and saber abilities, while also keeping enough rage for everything. My problem, at lvl 21 at least, is that outside of Force Scream I don't really have any force abilities that I want to be using in my regular rotation. I can't remember if Ravage puts a tick on or not. I want to say it doesn't, but *shrug*.

Even if you could chain your first Deadly Saber into a second one and keep the dot up, I have a feeling going beyond that will get tricky, unless you space out your attacks to make it happen, which seems pretty silly.

Maybe this'll become a more viable strategy once I have more abilities at my disposal, but in the meantime it doesn't seem to work out too easily.

All that said, I've still been liking Annihilation a lot since switching to it from Carnage, and I know it's only going to get better with upcoming skills.

You should learn a rotation against champion mobs. They last long enough for you to go through more than 2 'rotations'. And it is a priority. You need to time battering assault to ensure you have enough rage to spend when ruptures become available. I have force choke now which is a great ability to use in those stop gaps where you have run out of rage and cooldowns worth spending rage on.

Remember to use cloak of shadow if you're soloing and bear in mind if you go up against champion mobs you will also need to use your defensive cooldowns. Berzerk works wonders in combination with deadly saber + 3 saber abilities as a way of maintaining your health so ensure you prioritise that into your rotation when available.

Oh... and no matter what people say. Killing a normal mob with saber throw or force choke is an absolute must on style points alone!

No one cares what you are using.

Would be more helpful if you laid out priority system.

For instance, where does Ravage stand? It does high damage and doesn't cunsome rage, but doesn't generate fury...

I use ravage when Im out of rage and waiting for battering to come back up, and I believe it does more damage than an assault + vicious slash...but I could be wrong.

Just an observation of mine: the 2 high levels over there flaunting their "skills" and "knowledge" over everyone and going into every thread complaining saying basically "L2P" and "stop crying" sure are helpful.

How about you either post something constructive or stop posting? No one wants to read your garbage.

Edited by Dunedunedune

just an observation of mine: The 2 high levels over there flaunting their "skills" and "knowledge" over everyone and going into every thread complaining saying basically "l2p" and "stop crying" sure are helpful.

How about you either post something constructive or stop posting? No one wants to read your garbage.

lols.

I played a marauder during beta for alittle while and from what I remember its.

Fury spenders > gore > force scream > massacre/vicious slash > battering assault > assault

Oh and I used ravage on cd mostly.

Marauders have the simplest rotation of all the classes except for deception sins maybe imo.

Even if you could chain your first Deadly Saber into a second one and keep the dot up, I have a feeling going beyond that will get tricky, unless you space out your attacks to make it happen, which seems pretty silly.

Not possible. The new Deadly Saber will create a new stack of dot, it will not extend the dot from a previous Deadly Saber. Tried it ;).

In terms of single target DPS priorities for Annihilation, it goes something like this:

1. Deadly Saber

2. Rupture

3. Battering Assault

4. Retaliation

5. Ravage

6. Vicious Slash

7. Force Choke

8. Assault

Notes:

1. FORCE SCREAM IS NOT ON THE LIST. IT IS ****** DAMAGE PER RAGE FOR ANNIHILATION. STOP BEING BAD.

2. After you get the talent to proc a cooldown reset on Rupture, then you want to pool Rage for a Rupture -> Vicious x ? -> Rupture. This means you won't use Vicious Slash as a "general" Rage dump -- you will only use it when you are pushing too much Rage (or even moderate Rage if BA is about to come off cooldown).

Edit: When I get Annihilate, I assume I will probably stop using Vicious at all, and my Rage will float higher in general.

Edited by EasymodeX

Not possible. The new Deadly Saber will create a new stack of dot, it will not extend the dot from a previous Deadly Saber. Tried it ;).

In terms of single target DPS priorities for Annihilation, it goes something like this:

1. Deadly Saber

2. Rupture

3. Battering Assault

4. Retaliation

5. Ravage

6. Vicious Slash

7. Force Choke

8. Assault

Notes:

1. FORCE SCREAM IS NOT ON THE LIST. IT IS ****** DAMAGE PER RAGE FOR ANNIHILATION. STOP BEING BAD.

2. After you get the talent to proc a cooldown reset on Rupture, then you want to pool Rage for a Rupture -> Vicious x ? -> Rupture. This means you won't use Vicious Slash as a "general" Rage dump -- you will only use it when you are pushing too much Rage (or even moderate Rage if BA is about to come off cooldown).

Edit: When I get Annihilate, I assume I will probably stop using Vicious at all, and my Rage will float higher in general.

Ah, the non-stacking part is very nice to know. I mean to maximize the damage from a Deadly Saber cast, you'd still need to let each stack of the dot have as many ticks as possible before reapplying, but I have a feeling that the rotation that'll force you into is going to hurt your dps more than the extra Deadly Sabers damage from the first and second applications will help you.

Well, now I don't have to sit around worrying about how to chain into another cast. That should help my dps as well, since I won't feel obligated to work in force abilities like scream to avoid premature stack applications.

Edited by Chrystolis

I mean to maximize the damage from a Deadly Saber cast, you'd still need to let each stack of the dot have as many ticks as possible before reapplying, but I have a feeling that the rotation that'll force you into is going to hurt your dps more than the extra Deadly Sabers damage from the first and second applications will help you.

Yes that's correct. DS ticks on the initial hit and then every 3? seconds. It's pretty slow. Smash doesn't proc DS, so that's an option. Also, Ravage only applies DS on the first tick. In theory, you could go:

0.0: DS + Ravage

1.5: still Ravaging

3.1: Rupture

4.6: Smash

6.2: random attack

This would apply DS at 0.0, 3.1, and 6.2. You'd get 1stack ticks at 0.0, 3.0, 2stack ticks at 3.1 and 6.1, and then 3 stack ticks at 6.2, 9.2, 12.2.

You could also insert Force Choke for a similar effect.

But ... it's not worth it. You're gaining +22% ish damage on Deadly Saber by itself, but delaying potent attacks such as Rupture, and avoiding single target efficient attacks like Vicious->Rupture and Annihilate->Rupture.

The big management issue I've seen is optimizing your Rupture cooldown with the proc that resets the cooldown. I typically attempt to pool rage before a Rupture, so that I can: Rupture - Vicious Vicious Vicious (until it procs the reset) - Rupture.

But, I make sure Deadly Saber and Retaliation are already used (and BA as well usually).

The longer you delay using the Rupture reset, the less effective it is (it's already at a "base" 50% efficiency, since you'll want to use it towards the end of the Rupture DOT). BW has made the Rupture DOT very incremental, so clipping it slightly is not an issue.

im level 40 annihilation, heres what i do.

saber charge

rupture

battering assault

annihilate

ravage

at this point the rotation becomes very subjective due to our talents involving annihilate and (that other strike that costs 3 rage that i forget the name of), you want rupture to be up 100% of the time, and you also want to keep up saber charge stacks up. i dont know the exact way to time it to make saber charge never drop off the target, so i stopped trying. so what i do is try to put up stacks as soon it drops or keep it going. also annihilate every time its available if possible, its crazy damage.

Im playing in carnage build and rotation is a little conservative, everything depends on situation. Im lvl 40 :)

1.For pack of mobs, opening is:

Force charge > (Savage kick)

- this can be huge dmg and ending normal mob from pack when crits :) else finishing Battering Assault.

After this if we have rage do

Slam and Pommel strike

- this is another huge dmg combo, it's worth to remember :)

For rest of mobs use assault as rage builder and all rage spender abilities to eliminate them all ;)

2. Single mob strong/elite

Force charge > (Savage kick)> Battering Assault > Gore > (Force Scream) > Revage > Masacre/Vicious Slash > all rage spenders :)

- to explain: assault as rage builder, Force Scream only on Blood Frenzy up

Few tips:

- Force choker - use on every CD it helps companion (Quin) to heal and rage generating :) or for interruption enemy skill

- Cloak of Pain - always up especially in elite mobs combat

- Disrupt - use always to interrupt enemies special skill

- Gore - try to use on every CD bonus to penetration is very handy

- Retaliation - use whenever is up

- Disable Droid - our CC skill dont forget it and use wisely :)

- Berserk - always up

I think that will help a little in combat cause Marauder is hard to play in comparison such a BH or INQ :) Im looking forward to any comments which can help us to play more effective :)

edit: added last tips ;)

Edited by Bodziumbko

Your rotations is going to depend on your spec. Anny tree is DoT heavy bleeds. So if your using skills that dont DoT in a tree ment for DoTs your likely not pushing the DPS as you could.

At lvl 38 I have seen we as Marauders get a ton of skills. But only a hand full are truely usefull to each spec. I am carnage ATM so for me to use bleeds waste rage and is not as effective as say just VS. I personaly belive its all about refining the rotation less is more. Yes there is no doubt at all you could run a 10-12 button rotation but depending on your spec its really more in the 4-6 range.

• 3 weeks later...
i was carnage but switched to anni cause of what ive learned on youtube, here, etc. I use almost exactly the anni order listed last, it works wonders, Im expecting a sorc/sin nerf soon (hopefully) and after that i think mards will have some extreme pvp potential, just a IMO idk

+1 one for that rotation for all the new Marauders out there. I am only level 37 but once I hit this thread and started experimenting with the annihilation rotation I have only been getting better. I did Huttball for the first time in awhile and I ended up coming in first for damage output! So if you are new this is a great thread to subscribe to for a Marauder. Stay on your toes and watch your rage and cooldowns!