Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In KotFE will we be able to romance an original companion we couldn't before?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
In KotFE will we be able to romance an original companion we couldn't before?

Yermog
07.23.2015 , 10:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
There's precedent for it from Bioware, mind. Kaidan in the Mass Effect series was only romanceable by women in the first game but both genders in the third.
I don't think that's quite the same thing, though. ME3 was a self-contained game. Once it was done, it was done (not including DLCs). SWTOR is a constantly growing game with an ever-evolving story. It would be easier to add something in the future than adjust something that's currently existing.

I could be wrong, they could change this, I am just inclined to think they won't.

Shayddow
07.23.2015 , 06:47 PM | #12
Quote:
only romanceable by women in the first game but both genders in the third.
It is conceivable though that, as much as I'd like to see all options be available, although we might choose to play our character as straight, gay, bi, or whatever - the companion themselves might be gay, straight, bi, or whatever themselves - which might curtail any possible romance with them if we aren't the option THEY prefer.

I think there is a hint at this with Vette at any rate - in the Sith Warrior storyline - where in a companion storyquest you might/ might not be able to sleep with Vette's sister, depending on your gender - Vette's sister tells you straight-out - "no women". So, it might or might not be a cultural taboo among Twillik, or just Vette's family, or whatever.

What I would like to see is continuity - if we have fully unlocked companion affection - I'd like to see that companion get jealous if we later flirt with another character - regardless of other NPCs gender. For instance, I can't just see Torian <BH> or Akaavi <Smuggler> just standing around saying nothing if their respective spouses flirted with ANYONE else. <Mando rage!>
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

Ereiniel
07.23.2015 , 11:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Shayddow View Post
It is conceivable though that, as much as I'd like to see all options be available, although we might choose to play our character as straight, gay, bi, or whatever - the companion themselves might be gay, straight, bi, or whatever themselves - which might curtail any possible romance with them if we aren't the option THEY prefer.
I'd really love to see this too, even though I have a feeling that going forward, romanceable companions/NPCs will all be bi so they can be romanced by everyone who'd like to (and it might be easier from a dev perspective to do it this way). However, I'd like to, at least once, try to flirt with a male companion/NPC, only for him to tell me something like, "I'd be the luckiest guy in the galaxy if that did it for me ..."
House Girard, Star Forge

<The Scarlet Hand> | <The Hetaireia> | <Non Serviam> | <Transcendence>