Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

i absolutely adore the lack of huttball and arenas in nwz rotation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
i absolutely adore the lack of huttball and arenas in nwz rotation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GalacticStarfigh
07.23.2015 , 05:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
For many, myself included, Huttball is very fun and this bug should be fixed ASAP. But this post illustrates why we need an option to pick our own WZ.

People celebrating this is a classic example of playerbase not realizing their own good.

You got four WZ maps, all of which are several years of age. No matter how much you dislike Hutball or Arenas, they keep variety in queue. Even though you technically hate them Hutball games and Arena matches, they end up..contributing in keeping overall experience, parts you like included, as bit more..lively and exciting.

You being happy about this is 1:1 the reason why every video game dev ever has huge issues with play-testers and test groups and such. It is very hard to tell " what people want" from " what people THINK they want but really don't" and " what people think they want but actually ruins their fun in long enough timeline"

I fully realize above sounds arrogant and all but fffs. How can you not see this??? Prepare for some valuable self enlightenment in this somewhere between 4th and 8th civil war in a row, OP.

"yay few of our very, very few WZs are gojne high five!"
lol

Slamroo
07.23.2015 , 05:58 AM | #12
Huttbal rocks.

Savej
07.23.2015 , 06:22 AM | #13
Huttball has the cheesiest kill mechanics in the game. In the original there's almost nowhere to go where you can't be pulled, stunned and effectively executed by certain classes. Dumb.

DarthMaulUK
07.23.2015 , 06:23 AM | #14
That explains the endless run of Voidstar x8 in a row, Hypergat x9 in a row, Civil War, VoidstarHypergate circle.

Seriously Bioware, you really need to explain yet ANOTHER flawed design decision. Removal of Arenas is the best news from all of this.

Lalainnia
07.23.2015 , 07:39 AM | #15
I don't like huttball in general but, Huttball is undeniably a great map because it has constant use of the whole team.

Keep Quesh off though no one likes that nonsense.....
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

AlexModny
07.23.2015 , 07:49 AM | #16 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone, as many of you have guessed the change to the PTS Warzone rotation made it to Live. This is not intended and will be fixed soon. I apologize to everyone who was inconvenienced by this bug and to those that will be inconvenienced by the fix. Thank you!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Lhancelot
07.23.2015 , 07:50 AM | #17
In my opinion an occasional vintage huttball wouldn't bother me, the quesh HB could permanently be erased from existence and I would not miss it.

Arenas? Arenas are annoying when you are mismatched so terribly, whether it's skill or class selection in this regard (4 healers against 4 dps, really?!).

Arenas should be spared for ranked only. At least then you know what you are signing up for, and it's (slightly) better matched, at least concerning team compositions.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

DarthMaulUK
07.23.2015 , 08:20 AM | #18
The one thing I have noticed is that warzones pop much faster WITHOUT Arenas in the Q.

Joesixxpack
07.23.2015 , 08:22 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Hey everyone, as many of you have guessed the change to the PTS Warzone rotation made it to Live. This is not intended and will be fixed soon. I apologize to everyone who was inconvenienced by this bug and to those that will be inconvenienced by the fix. Thank you!
Good news! I <3 HB and am bored out of my mind with NC and AC spam.

Jadescythe
07.23.2015 , 08:28 AM | #20
Different players enjoy different game modes. More news at 11.

But honestly, queue times would be terrible pretty much everywhere but Harb if you could select maps. You play a map you don't enjoy so other players can enjoy it and someone else plays a map they don't enjoy so you can play one you enjoy. It's the circle of (MMO) life.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here