Season 6 Rewards Become Legacy Based *Most of them anyways*

JourrnoRush

As was discussed in the Quality of Life thread incoming for 3.3, Alex posted about if ranked rewards should be legacy based.

Obviously not talking about the weapons / armor, but the big ticket items. Mainly the mounts and maybe the titles (not top 96 obviously).

The argument AGAINST was that it degrades the reward on certain classes, mainly classes that are known to have a rough time in arenas. For the classes that clearly dominate in arenas, its irrelevant they are most likely going to get rewards anyways.

The argument FOR is that a legacy based system would allow players to send rewards to characters they actually want, hence a quality of life improvement.

Here is why I think this would be a great addition to the game:

1. Faction Bias: Most servers have a faction bias. It would not be fair for players to jump to a new server just so they could participate in ranked. However, since x12 XP is going it is not unreasonable for a player to make a mirror class to participate in ranked. It would be nice to send the reward to the character I actually wanted to play with. Most servers have a dominating faction for both Team and Solo. Cheap server transfers are nice, but I'm not going to leave my friends who might not pvp so I can do more matches. Players should not be expected to this.

2. Some Classes Are Just Better: Lets face it, some classes are just better than others. Without causing a storm over balancing, legacy based rewards would allow players to take advantage of x12 XP to make a character they might have a better change of winning ranked with. Yes, I know this would increase the FOTM, but that is already happening regardless. Can't win with your merc? Try a sorc. It sucks, but its just how the game is currently.

3. It will increase the ranked population: If I know I can win on another faction or class AND then still send the reward I wanted to my main character I would participate more. Coupled with the 2018 requirements and easier access to gear, population would increase. Players would have have a chance to get the rewards they want for their main.

4. The biggest point: Quality of Life - It sucks that except for the last season, I've had to play my sorcerer to do ranked matches. But that is all I use him for, I love to play on the Republic side. Then when I get the rewards I EARNED, I never use them because I don't play that character unless I want to actually participate in ranked. The rewards that I EARNED should be allowed to be sent to whatever character I want. Only the most pathetic of elitists would think otherwise.

TL;DR

- Make them legacy based for all rewards minus top 96.

- Does not make rewards worth less, the PLAYER still earned them somewhere on their legacy.

- If someone wants to cry over a legacy reward, just look them up on leaderboard to satisfy curiosity.

- It would increase ranked participation.

- The MAJORITY of players would enjoy this as a feature.

Come on BW make it happen! :sul_angel:

Discuss as you see fit.

Edited by JourrnoRush

That's a great change. :)

Any chance for getting a legacy transfer option like for regular warzone comms? So that players who play on multiple characters can merge their tokens? I believe the curve between silver and gold rewards cost is steep enough that this wouldn't allow players to easily get the mount but it would help players who don't do a lot of arenas to get one of the cheaper rewards.

Edited by Jerba

That's a great change. :)

Any chance for getting a legacy transfer option like for regular warzone comms? So that players who play on multiple characters can merge their tokens? I believe the curve between silver and gold rewards cost is steep enough that this wouldn't allow players to easily get the mount but it would help players who don't do a lot of arenas to get one of the cheaper rewards.

Nevermind read it wrong :p

Edited by JourrnoRush

• 2 months later...
Any word on when Top 3 Titles are given out?

Did you get the 144,400 tokens but not the title or just the 113,000 grant? I got the gold-tier tokens, portrait, and battle flag, and no title, on my Gunslinger that was #2 in Solo Ranked. :( I'm just gonna be optimistic and guess Bioware dropped the ball again like last season, hopefully it's sorted out ASAP.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

I have a question, is it normal to NOT get the bronze rewards in addition to the silver awards when you reach silver ? I just got the silver portraits and stuff, but it did not include any bronze :mad:

That used to be the case, but now you just get the different token amounts.

Me, I'm against BOL; because we all need an incentive to play Republic character as well.

Without it, all servers remain 100 % (well, nearly, at least) Imp-dominated - and no-one wanting to change it, out of lazyness.

This is exactly why it should go back to being BOL. Last season they were all BOL, it was a welcomed change.

I'm sure that Tuesday is fixing it, but a comment would be nice.

You can't force the community to play another faction, because those who have been imp since day one shouldn't have to change factions. Just as Republic players (on the two that are pub dominated) shouldn't have to change.

BoL might not fix faction bias found on MOST servers, but it at least allows players to have a shot at rewards without flocking to another server and/or rolling a mirror class. The community might change factions, but that has been proven to only make premades time and time again.

Please fix this. On my main season 6 char I went gold for mounts and on my other chars I went silver till enough for titles or weapon sets due to what Alex said. One of my chars I was maybe 5 matches short of a title (including silver comms) but all I needed was a weapon set since I was sending him a title. I would have just done the 5 more matches for a title if it wasn't stated that titles were BOL.

Also, my titles are worthless on my sith since I mainly use the darth title and so this is rather annoying.

Could we get an answer on this? I don't care if it's Bind-on-Pickup in future seasons; we were told it was Bind-on-Legacy this season so that's what I played for.

We concur! All Season 6 rewards (except the Top 96 Title) will be Legacy bound.
Edited by MrRuck