Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quick question about armor crafting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Quick question about armor crafting

Girltank
12.28.2011 , 01:34 AM | #1
If synthweaving allows you to craft light, medium and heavy armor. Is there a point to Armormech?????

hsuboo
12.28.2011 , 01:53 AM | #2
i think the armor you can make from synthweaving gives heavy armor bonusus to the Jedi and Sith classes, eg a Sith Inquisitor that decides to tank as assassin spec still uses willpower as a main stat, whereas a bountyhunter in powertech who tanks would use things like strength which is where mostly you find heavy armor that has those stats.

I'm not 100% certain but this would seem to be the only reasons as I have a bountyhunter with armormech crafting and I create things for me and I have synthweaving on my Inquisitor and most stats on that comes with willpower.

Hope this may help you a little.

Girltank
12.28.2011 , 01:56 AM | #3
ah that does make sense, the differences in willpower/tech stats would make the armormech appealing, thx for the reply.

Jenarie
12.28.2011 , 01:58 AM | #4
Correct, Synthweaving is meant for Jedi/Sith and Armortech is meant for Trooper/smuggler classes. I have armortech and nothing I can make is at all useful to my robe wearing guildies (except occasionally as companion gear) and nothing our guild synthweaver can make is at all useful to me.