T minus 1 week till Togruta

SupremeLegate

Does that include goggles and glasses/ visor only looking pieces?

If so, I'm kind of disappointed that these types of items were not at the least made to be used by them as they do not really affect the head tails since they already clip on Twi'leks.

I hope I am wrong and that we will be able to use these types of items on the Togruta.

I believe it does, assuming Twi'Lekks had it as well.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orrrrr, how about you take that little bit of coding which obviously has to exist for Togruta, and give everyone else a hood toggle?

And once again "Here is info you have been requesting," "Great, but that's not good enough. Now do this other thing, too, then I can move on to complain about the next item in the endless line of things I am dissatisfied with."

Togruta will be in Game Update 3.3 on Tuesday! We are pretty excited for all of you to get your hands on the new playable species.

One thing that sets Togruta apart from other species is that, due to their Montrals, any item worn in your head slot will be automatically hidden. By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

Let us know what you think of the Togruta in Game Update 3.3!

-eric

Wookie or RIOT!

And once again "Here is info you have been requesting," "Great, but that's not good enough. Now do this other thing, too, then I can move on to complain about the next item in the endless line of things I am dissatisfied with."

Yah, sometimes seeing reactions like that makes me really sad.

! XD

Personally I don't mind. I've been maining Twi'leks for like 3 years and by this point I'm incapable of being impressed by some people's first world hat problems. I'm happy we're getting Togruta <3 at all and possibly more "head things" species in the future! I've always been scared that clipping issues would make them unlikely to ever be added, so anything that makes it a non-issue is a perfect solution in my book.

Edited by imissleeches

One thing that sets Togruta apart from other species is that, due to their Montrals, any item worn in your head slot will be automatically hidden. By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

And will the other species finally get a Covert Energy Helmet, or something like that with the same effect?

PLEASE?

Show support for this one and they are likely to release more.

That's what I implied in my post. :)

I suspect they went to a great deal of trouble thinking of ways they can do it differently, and came to the conclusion to do it differently, Togruta just wouldn't happen, as it would require a LOT of work.

The problem is, when twi'lek lekku clip through the back, it only looks a little silly. However with the montrals coming out the back and sides, plus the horns on top, well, that is just demented looking. Imagine a mandalorian helmet (or any helmet for that matter) with all these weird things coming out left right and center. It would be terrible, and I'm pretty sure not everyone has hide head slot.

I never expected them to go out of their way to work around the ginormous head problems for those exact reasons. Just wanted to mention that it's a pity that we can't make it work. Still totally looking forward to playing one!

Togruta will be in Game Update 3.3 on Tuesday!

Nice. Well done.

I know how easy it can be to delay features like this til the next patch due to previous statements suggesting the possibility of delay. Great to see the team power through regardless and deliver this bonus feature in the nick of time.

I never created a Cathar character and I've never even bought the unlock. However, I still think it was a great addition as many other players enjoyed it. This time around, however, I'll certainly be taking advantage of the new species.

And no, it won't be an Ahsoka character... :D

Edited by idnewton

So new species in 3.3 - will make a lot of people happy. I have coins from referal links, so will probably purchase.

It's a species that many people want, so it will be nice content for them.

However, surely not the only one to see BW lazyness here. Instead of taking the time to develop the new species so that armour doesn't clip etc, they have just decided to automatically hide one of the slots. A really lazy way of doing things and once again - must rush to get something out.

Anyway, this'll make a lot of people happy.

As someone who hasn't seen a hood on his main character since day 1,

I can't say that I'm surprised about decision to perma-hide the head slot on Togruta.

I just wish they were a little more consistent with Twi'lek and head gear:

Sith masks make the lekku disappear, but you still don't get hoods on your jedi/sith,

while with helmets, the lekku just clip through. At least it was like this last time I checked.

It's been a while.

Oh well.

Yay, Togruta! Looking forward to all those Ahsoka look-alikes! Please post screenshots! :D

(My Togruta will be a Scoundrel, though.)

As someone who hasn't seen a hood on his main character since day 1,

*waves*

I can't say that I'm surprised about decision to perma-hide the head slot on Togruta.

I just wish they were a little more consistent with Twi'lek and head gear:

Sith masks make the lekku disappear, but you still don't get hoods on your jedi/sith,

while with helmets, the lekku just clip through. At least it was like this last time I checked.

It's been a while.

Oh well.

I feel ya. I just wish equipping (and showing) a sith helmet would make the hood appear too.

After the millions of pseudo-Talons I'm more than metally hardened for more look-alikes in Togruta form. :p

One thing that sets Togruta apart from other species is that, due to their Montrals, any item worn in your head slot will be automatically hidden.
You mean, just like the twi'leks? Well, statement is still accurate, as you didn't say all other species.

By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

You have had that "down the line" possibility since launch though, what with the twi'leks.

Still though, yay, new playable species! \o/

You mean, just like the twi'leks? Well, statement is still accurate, as you didn't say all other species.

I guess what they mean is that now every single headgear item will be hidden; that's not the case with Twi'leks.

Also agree with those who say Togruta should be a bit cheaper because of this.

Edited by LyndaeshaFreykaa

However, surely not the only one to see BW lazyness here. Instead of taking the time to develop the new species so that armour doesn't clip etc

....because that's not actually possible to do.

There is no way to develop something like the Togruta, Nautolans, etc, in such a way that their leku wouldn't clip with every possible chest piece that's in the game, not unless you made it so that their leku didn't come down past their ears, which isn't what people want.

Also it's not like Bioware would go in and do something like manually adjust the leku height/position per every individual chest piece that would cause clipping. They'd have to create dozens of armor specific positions for specific chest pieces that possibly aren't even used all that much. That's an insane expectation especially when you/they don't know how many people are going to buy them or when that sort of painstaking time could be devoted to something better.

There are numerous chest pieces, most notably heavy armor chest pieces that are so bulky or have giant shoulder pieces that it's simply not possible to create any sort of hair/leku style that goes down past the shoulders that doesn't clip.

It's gotten to the point where most people don't care about the leku clipping through chest pieces anymore because they know at this point if they want X species in the game that's just something they're going to have to deal with.

There is no way to develop something like the Togruta, Nautolans, etc, in such a way that their leku wouldn't clip with every possible chest piece that's in the game, not unless you made it so that their leku didn't come down past their ears, which isn't what people want.

Also it's not like Bioware would go in and do something like manually adjust the leku height/position per every individual chest piece that would cause clipping. They'd have to create dozens of armor specific positions for specific chest pieces that possibly aren't even used all that much. That's an insane expectation especially when you/they don't know how many people are going to buy them or when that sort of painstaking time could be devoted to something better.

There are numerous chest pieces, most notably heavy armor chest pieces that are so bulky or have giant shoulder pieces that it's simply not possible to create any sort of hair/leku style that goes down past the shoulders that doesn't clip.

It's gotten to the point where most people don't care about the leku clipping through chest pieces anymore because they know at this point if they want X species in the game that's just something they're going to have to deal with.

Dang, you beat me too it. And in a much less A-holy way than I would have done it. :p

Togruta will be in Game Update 3.3 on Tuesday! We are pretty excited for all of you to get your hands on the new playable species.

Let us know what you think of the Togruta in Game Update 3.3!

-eric

Are the max character slots available increasing by one still as was eluded to before with their release? Otherwise many of us won't be able to make one even if we want to (which I do lol).

Please, please, please be Nautolans. I've been wanting a Nautolan Trooper for years.

It's gotta be. Can you think of another species they would even want to put in the game with "head things" going on? I mean, I wouldn't say no to Kel'dor, but you don't have hood problems there. Hopefully we can expect Nautolan without having to wait another two years.

You can b*tch all you want about my post; the concern is valid. Certain head pieces have forced down hoods on armor since beta. That means, for every chest armor in the game with a hood, it also has a display model with no hood in the live game.

Trogruta make this eminently obvious, because their head forces down every hood. There's literally zero reason we haven't gotten a hood toggle yet, because Togruta as a species functions as a hood toggle. It clearly exists in the code, and they're clearly capable of implementing. The question is why in all the seven circles of Hell haven't they? It's not like they haven't monetized portions of the UI already.

That was my point.

It's actually pretty simple. Not necessarily easy to code, but very simple conceptually.

All you have to do is code lekku and/or hair so that they are considered a physical object for interactions with equipped armor, similar to how in the preview window, speeders are actually physical objects (that's why robes/capes don't clip through in the preview window).

The problem is, I don't think the engine is capable of considering a model (that is, a piece of armor, or lekku, or whatever) as a physical object for only some game-world interactions. That is, I don't think Bioware can make say, robes interact with speeders as physical objects, without making the speeder interact as a physical object with everything else too.

Edited by Diviciacus

You can b*tch all you want about my post; the concern is valid. Certain head pieces have forced down hoods on armor since beta. That means, for every chest armor in the game with a hood, it also has a display model with no hood in the live game.

Trogruta make this eminently obvious, because their head forces down every hood. There's literally zero reason we haven't gotten a hood toggle yet, because Togruta as a species functions as a hood toggle. It clearly exists in the code, and they're clearly capable of implementing. The question is why in all the seven circles of Hell haven't they? It's not like they haven't monetized portions of the UI already.

That was my point.

That's not a hood toggle, that's hiding the hood. A hood toggle would mean that your hood would appear laying against your back.

It's actually pretty simple. Not necessarily easy to code, but very simple conceptually.

All you have to do is code lekku and/or hair so that they are considered a physical object for interactions with equipped armor, similar to how in the preview window, speeders are actually physical objects (that's why robes/capes don't clip through in the preview window).

The problem is, I don't think the engine is capable of considering a model (that is, a piece of armor, or lekku, or whatever) as a physical object for only some game-world interactions. That is, I don't think Bioware can make say, robes interact with speeders as physical objects, without making the speeder interact as a physical object with everything else too.

That's not even remotely accurate. Firstly, the preview window has zero physics. The reason robes and capes don't fall through speeders is because they're attached to your legs and ankles. Secondly, they can completely determine which objects interact with what. Otherwise your cape wouldn't bounce off your legs while walking. Also, chest pieces already have collision boxes (or at least the character does) for lekku. Have you never seen the physics of the lekku colliding with your back and shoulders?