T minus 1 week till Togruta

SupremeLegate

I don't have a problem with people making Togrutas except when they're probably all going to be body type 1 Jedi Sentinel Ahsoka look a likes then it gets sort of annoying.

You know, just for this, I think I'm going to create a female body type 1, complete with orange colouration, jedi guardian with shien form (even if its not the reverse grip in game) and relaxed uniform set

and if anyone complains I'm stripping it all off and replacing it with a dancer outfit.

In all seriousness though, I don't really see why this annoys some people. If anything, all it says is they made a very much beloved character in Ahsoka, and there will be absolute pandemonium when they finally kill her off (probably around the ending of rebels). End of issue.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they aren't delayed. I've been waiting for Togruta since launch. I originally wanted my Jedi Knight to be one, but got sick of waiting. Once rumors of their inclusion popped up, I held off on making a Jedi Consular. It's the last piece of the puzzle for me, Bioware! Don't let me down! :p

Jedi, smedi,

there will be 10,000 togruta JK's out there.

it it comes, I'll make mine a smuggler or an agent and be a backstabbing, conniving b****. :D;):p

Why be like everyone else?

I bet if the hutt was the next race,everybody be naming theirs Jabba or Toborro.

If I did make a hutt, his name would be fat bastage, fat boy or Porky.

Edited by IslanderRebel

You know, just for this, I think I'm going to create a female body type 1, complete with orange colouration, jedi guardian with shien form (even if its not the reverse grip in game) and relaxed uniform set

and if anyone complains I'm stripping it all off and replacing it with a dancer outfit.

In all seriousness though, I don't really see why this annoys some people. If anything, all it says is they made a very much beloved character in Ahsoka, and there will be absolute pandemonium when they finally kill her off (probably around the ending of rebels). End of issue.

I approve of this :) most guardians I come across know how to play the game, most Sents not so much or they're just annoying and pull ahead of group and stuff...

Eh, my guild is having a giveaway contest in August where someone will get one fully unlocked for free as part of a raffle. No point in my getting one until after I know if I win. Even then, I'm a pretty light-side oriented player, and the Yavin area doesn't really appeal to me. Give me Tython or Alderaan instead any day.

wow!!...that sounds like an awesome thing your guild is doing!

Kudos to your guild leadership

Considering my Togruta will be male, as all my characters are, I don't think you'll have to worry about an Ahsoka clone from me. Not saying I won't use the same skin color, but it'll be unknowingly, because my eyes have been hating me lately. Stupid colorblindness...

• Dev Post
At least, that's assuming they are actually in 3.3. Sure would be nice to know one way or the other before next Tuesday.

Togruta will be in Game Update 3.3 on Tuesday! We are pretty excited for all of you to get your hands on the new playable species.

One thing that sets Togruta apart from other species is that, due to their Montrals, any item worn in your head slot will be automatically hidden. By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

Let us know what you think of the Togruta in Game Update 3.3!

-eric

Togruta will be in Game Update 3.3 on Tuesday! We are pretty excited for all of you to get your hands on the new playable species.

One thing that sets Togruta apart from other species is that, due to their Montrals, any item worn in your head slot will be automatically hidden. By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

-eric

Eric thank you for giving us this news, I appreciate it as I'm sure others do as well.

Can you give us any 'lead' on the CC cost? I'd expect the same as Cathar are, but thought I'd ask in case you are feeling free to share this with us too.. :)

Sooo, on that note about races with 'head stuff' going on, and what we already know as simple pre-reqs (Has to be able to speak basic - so it can fit in with existing content); Mon Calamari? Ithorians? Selkath? Gormak? Nautolan?

Edited by Dreadicus

Does that include goggles and glasses/ visor only looking pieces?

If so, I'm kind of disappointed that these types of items were not at the least made to be used by them as they do not really affect the head tails since they already clip on Twi'leks.

I hope I am wrong and that we will be able to use these types of items on the Togruta.

-eric

Heads up all you Nautolan lovers.

(Pun Intended)

Does that include goggles and glasses/ visor only looking pieces?

If so, I'm kind of disappointed that these types of items were not at the least made to be used by them as they do not really affect the head tails since they already clip on Twi'leks.

I hope I am wrong and that we will be able to use these types of items on the Togruta.

not likely, the big problem is there are very few head pieces that won't clip through since the montrals go around the head on togruta, whereas the twi'lek lekku come out the back, leaving the ears open. There might be a few that would work, but too few to go through every single piece and see.

This shouldn't be any surprise for anyone who has played an inq, since Ashara has the same "hide all head" stuff going on. I'm just glad they said it now, it should reduce the whining to come later.

I for one eagerly await their arrival. First thing on Tuesday I will buy togruta, buy Yavin 4, change my sorc into togruta, move nar shaddaa over to yavin 4, then make an Ahsoka look alike knight just because i said I would in another thread (or was it this thread? too many togruta threads...) to protest the people protesting about the inevitable flood of Ahsoka look alikes.

I for one eagerly await their arrival. First thing on Tuesday I will buy togruta, buy Yavin 4, change my sorc into togruta, move nar shaddaa over to yavin 4, then make an Ahsoka look alike knight just because i said I would in another thread (or was it this thread? too many togruta threads...) to protest the people protesting about the inevitable flood of Ahsoka look alikes.

See you on the other side Brother! Same here, albiet I will check out what sorta cool color patterns they came up with before I go default Ahsoka... :D

-eric

and there was much rejoicing and dancing in the streets!!!!

*checks calendar and mumbles about waiting a week*

See you on the other side Brother! Same here, albiet I will check out what sorta cool color patterns they came up with before I go default Ahsoka... :D

I'll probably be more creative with my sorc in that regard, but the knight is going to be as close to ahsoka as I can get it (though I won't even try and get an Ahsoka like name)

I've already got all the pieces I want to use unlocked in collections and everything, just so I can do it from lvl 1. I may even come here and flaunt it to all the people complaining abut the look alikes :)

Aaahh finally, my second favourite species! Can't wait to play around in the character creator, even though I don't expect many options to be honest. (The typical bandaid fix w/ the headslot hiding is also.... erm, a bit unfortunate.)

Sooo, BW, about those Nautolans.... :) <3

Show support for this one and they are likely to release more.

Aaahh finally, my second favourite species! Can't wait to play around in the character creator, even though I don't expect many options to be honest. (The typical bandaid fix w/ the headslot hiding is also.... erm, a bit unfortunate.)

Sooo, BW, about those Nautolans.... :) <3

I suspect they went to a great deal of trouble thinking of ways they can do it differently, and came to the conclusion to do it differently, Togruta just wouldn't happen, as it would require a LOT of work.

The problem is, when twi'lek lekku clip through the back, it only looks a little silly. However with the montrals coming out the back and sides, plus the horns on top, well, that is just demented looking. Imagine a mandalorian helmet (or any helmet for that matter) with all these weird things coming out left right and center. It would be terrible, and I'm pretty sure not everyone has hide head slot.

-eric

Will there be a stream this week showing off the Togruta and it's customization options?