Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

T minus 1 week till Togruta

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
07.15.2015 , 03:57 PM | #61 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
At least, that's assuming they are actually in 3.3. Sure would be nice to know one way or the other before next Tuesday.
Togruta will be in Game Update 3.3 on Tuesday! We are pretty excited for all of you to get your hands on the new playable species.

One thing that sets Togruta apart from other species is that, due to their Montrals, any item worn in your head slot will be automatically hidden. By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

Let us know what you think of the Togruta in Game Update 3.3!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Dreadicus's Avatar


Dreadicus
07.15.2015 , 04:00 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Togruta will be in Game Update 3.3 on Tuesday! We are pretty excited for all of you to get your hands on the new playable species.

One thing that sets Togruta apart from other species is that, due to their Montrals, any item worn in your head slot will be automatically hidden. By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

Let us know what you think of the Togruta in Game Update 3.3!

-eric
Eric thank you for giving us this news, I appreciate it as I'm sure others do as well.

Can you give us any 'lead' on the CC cost? I'd expect the same as Cathar are, but thought I'd ask in case you are feeling free to share this with us too..

Sooo, on that note about races with 'head stuff' going on, and what we already know as simple pre-reqs (Has to be able to speak basic - so it can fit in with existing content); Mon Calamari? Ithorians? Selkath? Gormak? Nautolan?

Eggseggseggs's Avatar


Eggseggseggs
07.15.2015 , 04:01 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
One thing that sets Togruta apart from other species is that, due to their Montrals, any item worn in your head slot will be automatically hidden. By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."
Does that include goggles and glasses/ visor only looking pieces?

If so, I'm kind of disappointed that these types of items were not at the least made to be used by them as they do not really affect the head tails since they already clip on Twi'leks.

I hope I am wrong and that we will be able to use these types of items on the Togruta.
<Intrepid> <Pandemic Legion> (Eve Online)

Darturion's Avatar


Darturion
07.15.2015 , 04:01 PM | #64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBrLHMCTDAA

Yub Nub! That's what I think.

Darturion's Avatar


Darturion
07.15.2015 , 04:07 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
One thing that sets Togruta apart from other species is that, due to their Montrals, any item worn in your head slot will be automatically hidden. By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

-eric
Heads up all you Nautolan lovers.

(Pun Intended)

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
07.15.2015 , 04:10 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Eggseggseggs View Post
Does that include goggles and glasses/ visor only looking pieces?

If so, I'm kind of disappointed that these types of items were not at the least made to be used by them as they do not really affect the head tails since they already clip on Twi'leks.

I hope I am wrong and that we will be able to use these types of items on the Togruta.
not likely, the big problem is there are very few head pieces that won't clip through since the montrals go around the head on togruta, whereas the twi'lek lekku come out the back, leaving the ears open. There might be a few that would work, but too few to go through every single piece and see.

This shouldn't be any surprise for anyone who has played an inq, since Ashara has the same "hide all head" stuff going on. I'm just glad they said it now, it should reduce the whining to come later.

I for one eagerly await their arrival. First thing on Tuesday I will buy togruta, buy Yavin 4, change my sorc into togruta, move nar shaddaa over to yavin 4, then make an Ahsoka look alike knight just because i said I would in another thread (or was it this thread? too many togruta threads...) to protest the people protesting about the inevitable flood of Ahsoka look alikes.
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Dreadicus's Avatar


Dreadicus
07.15.2015 , 04:14 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
I for one eagerly await their arrival. First thing on Tuesday I will buy togruta, buy Yavin 4, change my sorc into togruta, move nar shaddaa over to yavin 4, then make an Ahsoka look alike knight just because i said I would in another thread (or was it this thread? too many togruta threads...) to protest the people protesting about the inevitable flood of Ahsoka look alikes.
See you on the other side Brother! Same here, albiet I will check out what sorta cool color patterns they came up with before I go default Ahsoka...

LyndaeshaFreykaa's Avatar


LyndaeshaFreykaa
07.15.2015 , 04:18 PM | #68
Aaahh finally, my second favourite species! Can't wait to play around in the character creator, even though I don't expect many options to be honest. (The typical bandaid fix w/ the headslot hiding is also.... erm, a bit unfortunate.)

Sooo, BW, about those Nautolans.... <3
The Whiteclaw Legacy on The Red Eclipse.
When I say "grow a pair", I'm talking 'bout a pair of lekku.
I write, draw and post screenshots on wordpress.com

DOHboy's Avatar


DOHboy
07.15.2015 , 04:19 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Togruta will be in Game Update 3.3 on Tuesday! We are pretty excited for all of you to get your hands on the new playable species.

One thing that sets Togruta apart from other species is that, due to their Montrals, any item worn in your head slot will be automatically hidden. By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

Let us know what you think of the Togruta in Game Update 3.3!

-eric
and there was much rejoicing and dancing in the streets!!!!

*checks calendar and mumbles about waiting a week*
ya'll know what this is (hint yes its a referral link)

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
07.15.2015 , 04:20 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreadicus View Post
See you on the other side Brother! Same here, albiet I will check out what sorta cool color patterns they came up with before I go default Ahsoka...
I'll probably be more creative with my sorc in that regard, but the knight is going to be as close to ahsoka as I can get it (though I won't even try and get an Ahsoka like name)

I've already got all the pieces I want to use unlocked in collections and everything, just so I can do it from lvl 1. I may even come here and flaunt it to all the people complaining abut the look alikes
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.