Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Focus Playtesting in Austin

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.09.2015 , 08:29 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks!

Interested in coming to the BioWare studio, playtesting upcoming games and content, and getting free games while you’re at it? If you’re in the greater Austin area, visit the BioWare Playtesters Facebook Group! This group will be the hub for upcoming opportunities to test new games, expansions, and other updates and changes coming to BioWare games.

Further information will be given on that page, so make sure to Like and Follow so you don’t miss any updates.

We look forward to sharing these opportunities with you soon!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jerba
07.09.2015 , 09:06 AM | #2
So much for EA's "players first" mentality. Hopefully, this is just an additional testing and we still get to play on the Public Test Server in the future.
We shouldn't be locked out of testing the game just because we don't live near the studio.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

MaximusRex
07.09.2015 , 09:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
So much for EA's "players first" mentality. Hopefully, this is just an additional testing and we still get to play on the Public Test Server in the future.
We shouldn't be locked out of testing the game just because we don't live near the studio.
If you bothered to notice, this is in the Off-Topic forum, so its related to BioWare in general, and not just SWTOR.

Pietrastor
07.09.2015 , 10:25 AM | #4
Romantic lunch with Eric included?

imtrickfour
07.09.2015 , 12:19 PM | #5
'Cuz, yeah, inviting players to test stuff totally has nothing to do with getting the opinions of players, and it must mean they're doing away with beta testing.

P.S.: I live in Austin. Neener neener neener.

Callaron
07.09.2015 , 12:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by imtrickfour View Post
'Cuz, yeah, inviting players to test stuff totally has nothing to do with getting the opinions of players, and it must mean they're doing away with beta testing.

P.S.: I live in Austin. Neener neener neener.
You lucky sonnova...!!!
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Aries_cz
07.09.2015 , 01:31 PM | #7
Because so much stuff gets tested and reported from PTS, when a huge part of the community there treats it like a preview, not actually testing anything...
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Jerba
07.09.2015 , 01:42 PM | #8
I realized that this is in the Off-Topic forum and it is for all BioWare games but still the timing is a little suspicious. I expect KotFE closed-testing to start in either July or August, so it is very possible that they want to test the KotFE content in those groups.

Yes, this doesn't mean there won't be a way to test it from home, so it is very possible they'll still do a testing on the PTS, be it by invitation or open to everyone. I'm just concerned that they will just do this focusgroup testing and then leave all the bolstered flashpoints and operations untested, that won't go over well.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

DarthBurton
07.09.2015 , 02:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

Interested in coming to the BioWare studio, playtesting upcoming games and content, and getting free games while you’re at it? If you’re in the greater Austin area, visit the BioWare Playtesters Facebook Group! This group will be the hub for upcoming opportunities to test new games, expansions, and other updates and changes coming to BioWare games.

Further information will be given on that page, so make sure to Like and Follow so you don’t miss any updates.

We look forward to sharing these opportunities with you soon!

-eric
Hey folks!

Interested in coming to Düsseldorf, Germany, so I can playtest your new stuff without having to move my fat, lazy butt across the Atlantic Ocean? Getting cheap and probably adulterated drinks while I'm looking how to use possible exploits to my advantage without getting you medieval on my poor soul? I could also bribe you with the second most acceptable spaghetti bolognese you'll ever eat. Otherwise there's surely some frozen pizza in the back of my freezer. And you might get lucky, there's even a decent chance that these were bought this year!

Since you're already visiting the forbidden city of Cologne during Gamescom, you really have the incredible opportunity on your hand to puddle jump right to Düsseldorf. First the Oldtown of Düsseldorf for you, than the most astonishing heights of skyscraper city for me.

I'm looking forward to share some booze with you soon. And oh yeah, playtest the game while you're sobering up comfortably on my semi-torned, foldable mattress.

Don't hesitate, certain devs of certain pandas of a certain mmo already hinted their interest in participating in such an unique get together. But hey, we all know I would drop them for you guys

JattaGin
07.09.2015 , 02:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBurton View Post
Hey folks!

Interested in coming to Düsseldorf, Germany, so I can playtest your new stuff (...)
Well played, Sir. Well played. I would come, if I would be in the BW crew which goes to Cologne.