Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New trend in response to 50s PUBSTOMPER premades

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New trend in response to 50s PUBSTOMPER premades

Amnolith
12.27.2011 , 08:29 PM | #31
I left wow because I didn t have time to raid anymore...that means I don t have time to log in vent for hours at night. If I want to pvp it is at total random times of the day...most times when my friends are at work or not online.

Thus why should I have to face premades when I want to play only with pugs?

Just lazy development...sorry to say but nothing excuses that you have premades facerolling pugs...nothing

Killadrix
12.27.2011 , 08:39 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Amnolith View Post
I left wow because I didn t have time to raid anymore...that means I don t have time to log in vent for hours at night. If I want to pvp it is at total random times of the day...most times when my friends are at work or not online.

Just lazy development...sorry to say but nothing excuses that you have premades facerolling pugs...nothing
The reality is this: if the players had it their way, the Warzones would be divided up by level tiers, then premade and pug, then they would want class/role throttling, but that wouldn't be enough.

They would then want them further divided by gear disparity, then by PVP rank.

Then when that wasn't enough and they had nothing else to blame the unfair advantage the other team always has, they will want the Warzones split up by race ("omg they had more Twi'leks, their Parlor Dance is so OP, no wonder we got steamrolled in Guttball! NERF! NERF! NERF!")

Then no queues will pop, and the ceaseless crying of the entitlement babies on the forums will...cease.

RavTokomi
12.27.2011 , 08:49 PM | #33
People need to start calling it what it really is, an EXPLOIT of PVP.

This was a huge problem in pretty much every other MMO and I'm surprised it is completely overlooked in this game.

Killadrix
12.27.2011 , 08:50 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by RavTokomi View Post
People need to start calling it what it really is, an EXPLOIT of PVP.

This was a huge problem in pretty much every other MMO and I'm surprised it is completely overlooked in this game.
Yes, clearly since it is allowed in "every other MMO", it's an exploit.

Trietxan
12.27.2011 , 08:52 PM | #35
This game is an MMO. The entire game is based around playing with your friends and in guilds. The 50s did not necessarily skip every cutscene nor did they exploit. They had guilds formed prior to game release and got in the early access. You level up much quicker when you do quests with your friends or in a guild, because they put in the bonus quests that apply the xp everytime a group member completes it. That means, with a full group, you can receive 4x the experience for every bonus quest in the game. This trend continues into the WZs. The WZs are team based combat. So, those teams that leveled together will play together. If you want casual one on one PvP, try finding some world PvP. Level 50 brackets will also be coming soon, and if you want to hold your own against the 50s while they are there, try and locate some datacrons for the stat buffs, and start getting your expertise gear. You can make expertise gear as early as 34.
Peace is a lie; there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me. —Sith Code

InzightLive
12.27.2011 , 08:58 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by blackcerberus View Post
BioWare

everytime they have tried to reinvent the wheel (see:EGA) it has only been a catastrophic failure that is digging this game's grave.

many people claims this game is a WoW clone....if only....BioWare seem hellbent in doing everything possible to distance themselves from WoW, and so far that seems to only include doing things WRONG on purpose instead of RIGHT.

I give this game 3 months before joining the rest of MMOS with a few hundred thousand subs, yet this one had almost 5 times the budget of those...

GW2 is gonna destroy this game.
you are saying BW have been trying to reinvent the wheel and then say GW2 is gonna destroy it, but GW2 is experimenting with even more rediculous things that noone knows if will work

Durasturan
12.27.2011 , 10:08 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Amnolith View Post

You just underminded your own argument. If you dont have time to "log into vent" which takes like 15 seconds, then you certainly dont have time to wait 30 minutes for your WZ to pop, which is exactly what is happeneing in WoW...

CitrusFresh
12.27.2011 , 10:22 PM | #38
An unorganized team losing to an organized team is to be expected. I've never been part of a premade in huttball, but I wouldn't get mad if I lost to one.

GoLoT
12.27.2011 , 10:51 PM | #39
Everyone complained about the stupid lack of options when joining warzones. It wouldn't be so hard to add a checkbox to decide if you want to play in solo games (where everyone joins solo and teams are random, without premades) or also join games with premades (that is, games where you join solo but you can be placed with or against premades). That would be the smart thing to do, that's what everyone has been asking for even before the release, and bioware instead of listening to the players decided it would be funny to f**k the solo/lowbie players a bit more.

Not only they didn't fix the PUG vs premade problem, but are also rewarding the people playing premades for their effortless wins. GJ there, BioWare. I decided to give this game a shot even after beign stuck for 3 days in my ship/taris. Now I see the game is broken beyond repair, and every attempt is breaking it even more. Keep failing that way and you will lose a player next month. And I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one.

PS: And FYI, I'm 50 with some PvP gear. I can group up with other 50s if I want to and it shouldn't be hard to win most of the matches that way. I can even, as a healer sorc (useless in direct combat), face 2-3 lowbies and stay alive or kill them thanks to the gear and a finished spec. But why should I lose every match if I want to play solo, and why should I be punished for joinin PUGs instead of playing for insta-win matches or exploiting like other people do? We had some guy in our huttball team the other day standing next to our goal. No one from the other team attacked him and he only moved around to help the enemy team. He was standing there to let the powertech and warriors jump to him.
I really hope people don't start doing this because if you add that to the afkers and noobs it will kill all the fun left in PvPing.

UncelSam
01.02.2014 , 02:57 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Knifewrench View Post
  1. 50s premade in Buttball
  2. Level 10-20s are too ignorant to leave and play terribly.
  3. Anyone with half a brain loses patience and leaves.
  4. New people are brought in, and are either derpy lowbies or AFKers.
  5. 50s premade wins 6 to 0.

So how much longer do we have to wait for a solution? "It's only been a week!" The amount of time since the game "officially" released (let's conveniently ignore the week before when early access started) is pretty non-sequitor seeing how many 50s there are rolling out already.

Even at level cap, solo queuing will be forever pointless because teammates will consist of nothing but newbies and failures. We need to recognize these premades for what they really are for: Pubstomping. You can't seriously believe that a group of randoms are going to be able to compete successfully against a group of 50s who are probably using Vent/Mumble.
nice post from the very start of the game.

Same problem still around. Same rage from the players still around

Same silance from the devs

You really Think this game will live for long?