Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Temple Chair (Basic) Exploit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Temple Chair (Basic) Exploit
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stoofa
07.01.2015 , 03:23 AM | #941
Any exploit credits that are going to be removed will have already been so.
It's not as if you can hide the credits offline or off-server, whichever character/account has the credits they are stored on a BW server somewhere.
The 7 day bans are expiring, so as people log in they will be checking to see if their credits are safe or not. If they are, then they are now as good as clean.
Here is a referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/H579Bl
Be you newbie, subscriber or old-hand - we both get free things if you click me!
7 days of free subscription, a free character transfer & a bundle of free unlocks

Icestar
07.01.2015 , 03:25 AM | #942
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
If they are, then they are now as good as clean.
I think they can re-open any investigation if they find evidence it is worth to do so.

Neglience
07.01.2015 , 03:28 AM | #943
I am curious about this too. especially if a single gtn transaction successfully safes the credits for the exploiter. And of course what the punishment is of those account cought using the ban.

If it is soft (non perm ban) the next exploit will be used by even more players... That reminds me of the joke company trion and archeage.
Pandora - Sith Juggernaut
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Icestar
07.01.2015 , 03:51 AM | #944
They should perhaps do a final post what was done and what to expect in the future if someone decides to go exploiting again.

SebastiaanZ
07.01.2015 , 05:19 AM | #945
Bioware, I'd like an answer why I got an email send to me saying I exploited it. I DID NOT exploit. All I did was buy 50 chairs, unlock them all (I am pretty sure you can find this out by checking) and then found out I already had one so I sold it back.

Are you seriously going to say I exploited this? For ONE FRIGGIN CHAIR decoration? I never bought any more chairs on that server or on any other, which I am pretty sure you can check as well. Come on, its 100 credits... are you seriously so narrow minded?
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

TaitWatson
07.01.2015 , 08:01 AM | #946 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the actions being taken against players who took advantage of the Temple Chair exploit.

The following actions, in varying combinations, are being levied against exploiting accounts:
- Warnings
- 7 Day Suspensions
- Removal of all credits on the account
- Permanent suspension

We are also going to continue our analysis, and may take additional actions. We are looking to wrap up all the final actions soon.

Thanks to everyone who did not participate in this exploit, and those who reported its existence to us!

-Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JSitruc
07.01.2015 , 08:06 AM | #947
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone,

- Removal of all credits on the account

-Tait
does this include credits obtained by "legal" means? if so, I think I would rather be permanently banned haha
Interested in joining the fight? Click here to get started!

emeraldon
07.01.2015 , 08:15 AM | #948
Quote: Originally Posted by JSitruc View Post
does this include credits obtained by "legal" means? if so, I think I would rather be permanently banned haha
Yes, it does.
Stroke my Wookie - Darth Malgus

Daqwerty
07.01.2015 , 08:19 AM | #949
Quote: Originally Posted by DeVanagloris View Post
Well, im still waiting to know which further actions have been taken amd to what extent. If no further information and action about this are taken, one would think next time can use an exploit instead of being there standing, resisting temptation to get easy credits while a bunch of cheaters become rich and get the best items ingame, and get away with it. So yeah this issue is still alive and some of us are still waiting to know more about it.
Ahhh makes sense, I suppose ill stick around to find out info as well...

Jerba
07.01.2015 , 08:21 AM | #950
Quote: Originally Posted by JSitruc View Post
I'd hope so, that's a nice punishment. Though accounts with a lot of credits will feel it worse than casual players who barely have a million credits.
What happened to items/unlocks bought with credits? Are they removed as well?

I am concerned that there's no mention of alt accounts. I've seen quite a few level 10 players on the vendor so this was definitely a thing. Hopefully, they're able to track this and take action on the main accounts as well.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord