1v1 PvP Tournament - July 9th, 2015 @ 8pm EST

Luniara

In an effort to promote the Galactic economy, and additionally to give the galaxy's greatest brawlers a chance to show their skills, Sildexon Gas Mining, Inc. is proud to announce the first Sildexon Grand Melee! Your favorite galactic fighters, fighting it out one-on-one for the entertainment of all! With an entry fee and a grand payout, it stands to be a fight to remember! Prizes will not only be credit payouts, but gifts donated generously by the company's main stock holders and associates. Those who only wish to spectate will be treated to happy hour all night and may watch and listen in from one of the club's VIP booths or ringside seating.

-----------------------------------OOC-------------------------------------

Sildexon Grand Melee 1v1 PvP Tournament

July 9th, 2015 @ 8pm EST

Penumbral is proud to announce it's 1st 1v1 Dueling Tournament! Open to any and all level 60s who wish to participate in some good ol' fashioned friendly competition. While we are testing the waters on this, the event will take place on Thursday July 9th, 2015 at 8pm EST. RPers are also welcomed and encouraged to participate as spectators, whether you are enjoying the scene or placing bets. Pvpers are also welcomed to be IC as they duel - in fact, we highly encourage that as well as we feel it would bring out a great amount of creativity.

Signing Up:

Signup is open to both imperial and republic players. When signing up, please make sure you mention the name of your character, faction and class that you wish to play on for the duration of the tournament. You may sign up in this thread or at the tournament itself.

Registration Fee:

40,000 credits.

Credits are due before the event begins or by mailing the credits with your information prior. For those who will be participating on Republic toons, there will be both factions on call.

Republic contact: Ommar

Empire contact: Daravus, Zen'n, Luniara

Format:

The tournament will be a 8 bracket single elimination, best out of 3. The brackets will be RANDOMLY generated. Each round should start with both duelists having all CDs.

When:

Thursday, July 9th, 2015 8pm EST

Where:

The darkside'grotto stronghold. Penumbral members will be on standby to offer invites and the stronghold is also open. Location of the duel will be in the Grotto Stronghold (on the landing pad). Players are advised to start the duel at maximum distance at two separate sides.

Winnings:

First place: 3 million credits + Cartel Pack(s)

Second place: 300k credits + Cartel Pack(s)

Third place: 100k credits + Cartel Pack

2 million credits have been donated on behalf of Mosh

This will depend largely on how many people sign up. But these are the minimums that we're promising. Price amounts could be adjusted depending on number of signups.

Rules:

1. Tournament participants must sign up with hosts prior to participating.

2. When signing up for the tournament please use the character name (with any special accents).

3. Tournament participants must be Level 60.

4. NO companions are allowed.

5. NO medpacks, adrenals, grenades or stealth/out of combat healing allowed.

6. Stims are allowed.

7. All skills are allowed, except skills that require a friendly target (e.g. guard, intercede). This is a 1v1 duel.

8. All class buffs are allowed.

9. Respecs are allowed at any point during the tournament.

10. Any duels that are interrupted by any spectator will be redone immediately. Any spectator that intentionally interrupts duels will have their characters disqualified from the tournament or removed from the stronghold.

Duels will be recorded to prevent disputes. Screenshot submissions are not required when declaring yourself the winner or loser, but they will definitely help in the case of a disagreement.

Questions and comments

Please post any questions or comments in this thread. You may also contact Zen'n, Daravus and Luniara in game.

Current Roster:

Jo'ka (E)

Hikaru ®

Waide ®

Busy ®

We hope to see everyone there and really look forward to the event!

Edited by Luniara

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for a dueling tournament. But why should I pay-in when stealth dps are guaranteed to win. Seriously look at the last bracket stealth dps beat non-stealth 100% of the matches and the final rounds were all stealth vs. stealth. Edited by KevinQCowart

I'm all for a dueling tournament. But why should I pay-in when stealth dps are guaranteed to win. Seriously look at the last bracket stealth dps beat non-stealth 100% of the matches and the final rounds were all stealth vs. stealth.

Because it's fun. <3 I'm sorry though, I know some class balances will make things difficult but if there are some rules we can add to help, we are super glad to add tem.

I'm all for a dueling tournament. But why should I pay-in when stealth dps are guaranteed to win. Seriously look at the last bracket stealth dps beat non-stealth 100% of the matches and the final rounds were all stealth vs. stealth.

I agree with this, but it's for fun so yeah, ill still come lmao

I'll pay your way if you want to compete. And if you win you keep all the winnings.

I'll sign up if someone fronts me the credits since I'll be xferring day before

Dude you are a complete scumbag, you're going to try to act like you don't have 40k? You are one of SWTOR longest playing top operatives. And now you are going to transfer over to a dying servers tournament to shyt on all the non-stealth classes and transfer back with the winnings. At least pay your own way.

*edit: looking on his twitch stream at least one of his characters has 2.2 million credits

Edited by KevinQCowart

Dude you are a complete scumbag, you're going to try to act like you don't have 40k? You are one of SWTOR longest playing top operatives. And now you are going to transfer over to a dying servers tournament to shyt on all the non-stealth classes and transfer back with the winnings. At least pay your own way.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I'll go even further to say that he should put his money where his mouth is.

If he is as good as he says, then I challenge him to match the prize purse, as his entrance fee to the tournament. If he's truly as good as he says, then he should have no qualms about putting the money up. In fact, I think this should be his stipulation for entry.

I'll put this on our calendar but Thursdays at 10 are one of our two campaign story nights so any of us who come will probably have to leave early, unless the tournament goes really fast. Good luck to everyone competing!

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I'll go even further to say that he should put his money where his mouth is.

If he is as good as he says, then I challenge him to match the prize purse, as his entrance fee to the tournament. If he's truly as good as he says, then he should have no qualms about putting the money up. In fact, I think this should be his stipulation for entry.

I reckon Busy will win the tourney anywho. I've watched Mosh before and while I can appreciate the skill, I've also watched and been destroyed by Busy so perhaps that's my bias. As it stands right now, the "best" guild pvp-wise has left which leaves individuals seeking a way to make a name for themselves. I wish all of you the best--wish I could make it myself! Damn work ;D

*edit: looking on his twitch stream at least one of his characters has 2.2 million credits

Woah...

We have a misunderstanding so I'll correct.

I have no characters on your server so how could I sign up for something when I have no money there? I was going to xfer day of for fun

Also, If I win I'm giving the prize money to 2nd and 3rd place 50/50 I would never enter for credits as it means NOTHING to me. Disgusting you would assume so. 40k is a lot to some people now? Dear lord.

Next. I actually have the shortest time playing operative of all my classes since launch. I've played operative 4 months now. I made a name cause I dominate any class I touch. I got my name on a sentinel and marauder. I have barely any experience on operative. I just learned it fast like I do alll classes. I topped 3 on scoundrel within ONE month of playing it. Think you got me mixed up with snave rofl. Its funny people who don't know me well assume I've played the class long from how fast I dominated it. I'd pick up a merc or sniper and in a couple weeks you'd think it had been my main since launch from how well I play it. This happens with every class I play

So please get your facts straight before spewing nonsense my direction.

To be honest it gets people hyped to see tournaments from streamers and my presence overall would be good for your "dying server"

Please don't ever assume you have any idea what Im thinking or how I am as a person.

<3

Edited by MoshhsoM

I reckon Busy will win the tourney anywho. I've watched Mosh before and while I can appreciate the skill, I've also watched and been destroyed by Busy so perhaps that's my bias. As it stands right now, the "best" guild pvp-wise has left which leaves individuals seeking a way to make a name for themselves. I wish all of you the best--wish I could make it myself! Damn work ;D

Let's put it this way. Competition brings out something in me

"This isn't even my final form"

I'm going to have a pager on me as well day of tourney so if if goes off while I'm playing I'm going to have to forfeit unless I can take care of what I'm being paged for and get back in time. I work at a hospital so yeah.

I won't brag about winning the tourney as I don't really care about it I'm just there for the community and to have some fun.

Going sleep early for once in my life now. Good luck <3

Edited by MoshhsoM

I'm actually adding 2 mil to the purse when I get to the server tonight so we can increase the prize pool to 3 mil.

Thanks for the wonderful idea.

Also as I said in a previous, I don't want any of the prize money If I win. If I win I will 50/50 it to 2nd and 3rd

Edit: actually I'm really exhausted so I don't think the 2nd and 3rd will work. Think it would be 2nd 3rd and 4th. All people before final bracket that lost so I think that would mean each person would get 1 mil. So all you have to do is get to semi finals and you win 1 mil if I win it of course

Edited by MoshhsoM