Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please remove class sprints from hutt ball

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please remove class sprints from hutt ball

Dayshadow
12.27.2011 , 06:03 PM | #11
Force leap is fine. Give the melee a bone. They should be useful at something. And you can counteract that by not standing around waiting for them to come to you. I am always cautious on the railing and check to see what class has the ball. If they are warriors I get the hell off.

I agree with the force speed though. Sages/Inquisitors have enough good stuff going on. They defeinitely don't need skill that completely bypasses the ball carrying penalty. Especially when it seems like every damn attack in the game has a slow effect.
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

Breeches
12.27.2011 , 06:26 PM | #12
I think a bigger problem is AOE pushbacks, sorcerers specifcally, with a sprint and a pushback can basically get past every single other class.

if you take the high bridge to the score line, ranged people cant properly aim at you, melee classes can be pushed away and you can easily sprint to score without much resistance.

Melee classes specifically just have no chance, you get pushed off, and you cant reach them again before its too late.

Maybe its not so much the class, but the layout of the map, which favours pushback and sprint classes so heavily.

As an operative, i have 0 chance to stop a sorcerer ball carrier taking the high route, and i have very little chance of scoring without the aid of my entire team.

Imo, this needs to be sorted before huttball can be any fun.

and err side note - wasnt huttball supposed to be random teams? cos, its not, its republic/empire.

VSutra
12.27.2011 , 06:51 PM | #13
What about shadow/assassins ? We can't fight range, we can't hit some joker on a platform throwing pebbles or spitting lightning at us. Our only way to reach anything, or do anything is force sprint.

Holding the ball as a shadow/assassin is a pain, our only contribution is to sprint through, that really is it in huttball.

EDIT: Huttball is really the worst warzone for shadows/assassins, saying sprint needs to be removed, is really silly.
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try.
Master Jedi Yoda

direblaze
12.27.2011 , 07:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by VSutra View Post
What about shadow/assassins ? We can't fight range, we can't hit some joker on a platform throwing pebbles or spitting lightning at us. Our only way to reach anything, or do anything is force sprint.

Holding the ball as a shadow/assassin is a pain, our only contribution is to sprint through, that really is it in huttball.

EDIT: Huttball is really the worst warzone for shadows/assassins, saying sprint needs to be removed, is really silly.
Im not saying remove sprint, just disable it WHEN YOU ARE HOLDING THE BALL<<

by all means use sprint and have someone else throw you the ball, because that would take alittle skill and team work, but holding the ball and using force jump and sprint negating the slowing effect of the ball and running through fire pits or being able to sprint and make jumps you normaly wouldnt be able to make is unfair for everyone.

to make it clear, when holding the ball, all movement enhancing effects should be disabled

Please allow us to turn off the gosh darned commentator, it is so freaking annoying having to listen to the same lines over and over and over
Why do troopers find it hard to move and shoot at the same time? because it requires more keybinds then they can handle.

VSutra
12.27.2011 , 07:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by direblaze View Post
Im not saying remove sprint, just disable it WHEN YOU ARE HOLDING THE BALL<<

by all means use sprint and have someone else throw you the ball, because that would take alittle skill and team work, but holding the ball and using force jump and sprint negating the slowing effect of the ball and running through fire pits or being able to sprint and make jumps you normaly wouldnt be able to make is unfair for everyone.

to make it clear, when holding the ball, all movement enhancing effects should be disabled

Please allow us to turn off the gosh darned commentator, it is so freaking annoying having to listen to the same lines over and over and over
I will only agree to this, if leaps, heals and any other counter dmg and gap closers, etc are eliminated from the ball carrier.

What exactly is force jump tho ?
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try.
Master Jedi Yoda

Narat
12.27.2011 , 08:17 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Quesa View Post
The only thing they need to change is the ability to sprint through the furnaces and take little to no damage by doing so.

Obstacles are there for a reason, a skill shouldn't allow you to circumvent them.
add instant root effect to fires pits that can not be broken when active.

that would fix the sprinters through the fire.
*Jedi Covenant*
Narat - Sage / Anasazi - Guardian
Icok - Commando / Jackalman - Shadow
Rodman - vanguard / Q'tesh - Gun Slinger

DarthVita
12.27.2011 , 09:46 PM | #17
It's hard to say what should and shouldn't be allowed when you have the ball. How about jedi knight movement abilities? Pulls? Sprints? Rocket jet packs? Everyone has some kind of movement ability or snaring ability.

Caeliux
12.27.2011 , 09:48 PM | #18
If you think sprint is too OP,

Go level.