Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speculations on the fate of your companions (KotEE)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Speculations on the fate of your companions (KotEE)

Senrie
06.18.2015 , 09:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
That's actually because of Lucasarts: they (really, just Lucas) ruled on video games that given player choice, the protagonist is always male and chooses all light side options (except, for some weird reason, the Jedi Exile from KOTOR 2 is canonically female as Meetra Surik). Conversely, for Sith it is canon that they always choose the dark side option. I don't think there's any commentary on whether a player-controlled sith has canon gender, though.
I've seen this said before but I've never been able to track down a source. You'd think if it existed wookiepedia would use it as justification instead.

Diviciacus
06.18.2015 , 11:14 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Senrie View Post
I've seen this said before but I've never been able to track down a source. You'd think if it existed wookiepedia would use it as justification instead.
It says right on the Canon page why:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#Canon_and_games

Because the LS option is canon, Wookieepedia defaults to that.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Senrie
06.18.2015 , 11:42 PM | #23
The relevant information on that page is merely an explanation of their own policy, not a citation of an official one.

Quote:
In side-choosing games such as the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series and Dark Forces saga where the player has the choice between light side and dark side, as of yet, the light side ending has been verified as canonical by Lucasfilm in all games.
This isn't them saying that's an official policy by Lucas to default automatically there. This is simply them observing that in all games, as of yet, the light side ending was later chosen as canon. They then go on to explain that it's not clear if that means light side options were chosen throughout the story, but that they're going to assume for their articles they were.