Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Start at Level 60 in Fallen Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Start at Level 60 in Fallen Empire
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.17.2015 , 09:47 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I have seen a few questions around how the “Start at Level 60” will work that comes with Fallen Empire. I want to start by saying that we will be releasing a blog when we get a bit closer to launch that describes all of the nitty gritty details and walks you through everything. But for now I wanted to cover a bit about how it works and address some of the things I have been seeing.

As a subscriber, when you get Fallen Empire you will receive one free level 60 character. This character must be a new character, you cannot “boost” an existing character up to 60. Beyond that first one which is included free with KOTFE, you can purchase additional level 60 characters through the Cartel Market at any time. I know that this raised the question of character limits as well. In talking with the development team, the plan is to increase the subscriber maximum character limit per server by 2 for the Fallen Empire launch. Not confirmation it will happen, but it is definitely their goal!

I know you still have many questions, such as how this impacts Class story, etc. We will be revealing all of these details down the line as we get closer to launch.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kayeri
06.17.2015 , 09:51 AM | #2
Eric, is that two per server?

Thanks for clarifying that, Eric!
TORWars and TORWarz

Proud of being both Republic and Empire!

The Shadowlands

Neoforcer
06.17.2015 , 09:52 AM | #3
Eric this is cool i do have a question about are exiting characters do we loose every thing including gear/strongholds this kinda raises a red flag if so.

Papazmurf
06.17.2015 , 09:53 AM | #4
I'm not sure if I understand but when you say new level 60 character does that mean I can't use any of my existing level 60 characters to do the Knights of the Fallen Empire content or does it just mean that I can't take a lower level character, at say level 24, and automatically boost them up to 60?

It's kind of confusing.
Already a subscriber or new to the game? Click my referral code here for 7 FREE days of subscription time, one FREE character server transfer, and a starter bundle to help you in your quests!
My actual referral code is located at the URL below. Click it for rewards!
http://www.swtor.com/r/n59bmb

TUXs
06.17.2015 , 09:54 AM | #5
So basically you'll be selling level 60 characters? CM update of sorts?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

ScarletBlaze
06.17.2015 , 09:54 AM | #6
Thank you for clarifying that Eric.

Now I have one final question, if you can, on the grouping, Is the missions class specific, i.e. Smuggler, Jedi Knight or generic? If generic are we going to have to do them like we did on SOR and Ziost where when I group with my boyfriend we had to do them twice or like on Makeb we can do them once?

Thank you for your time.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Infernixx
06.17.2015 , 09:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
So basically you'll be selling level 60 characters? CM update of sorts?
Yep, it does look that way.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

ScarletBlaze
06.17.2015 , 09:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Papazmurf View Post
I'm not sure if I understand but when you say new level 60 character does that mean I can't use any of my existing level 60 characters to do the Knights of the Fallen Empire content or does it just mean that I can't take a lower level character, at say level 24, and automatically boost them up to 60?

It's kind of confusing.
It sounds like to me you can't bumped up a lower level to 60 from my understanding.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

TheBBP
06.17.2015 , 09:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Papazmurf View Post

It's kind of confusing.
It shouldn't be confusing. He directly says that you cannot boost an existing character to 60.

Infernixx
06.17.2015 , 09:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
Eric this is cool i do have a question about are exiting characters do we loose every thing including gear/strongholds this kinda raises a red flag if so.
I can't imagine that they'd 'ever' do anything to the game that would cause us to lose our strongholds.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.