Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So then BioWare.....

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Transcendent
06.17.2015 , 03:43 AM | #1
... you intend to introduce a new faction with the expansion.

Will we be able to create a new character aligned to this new faction? Will we see the introduction of 4 new classes to level up and play, with a whole new set of "mirror" abilities, companions etc?

I'm curious.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

aeterno
06.17.2015 , 03:48 AM | #2
I think that if that were the case they'd be shouting it from the rooftops, not leaving it ambigious.

PLynkes
06.17.2015 , 03:51 AM | #3
I'd say no. All indications are that this "new faction" are the bad guys we have to fight. Just like Malgus' new Empire, the Dread Masters and Revan, we won't get to join them.

Transcendent
06.17.2015 , 05:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
I think that if that were the case they'd be shouting it from the rooftops, not leaving it ambigious.
I not so sure, we've had very little information up until this point about what they do / do not intend to do, or where they are going with this.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

branmakmuffin
06.17.2015 , 06:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
I not so sure, we've had very little information up until this point about what they do / do not intend to do, or where they are going with this.
If you want to keep indulging yourself in this "third playable faction" fantasy, go ahead.

Rhysling
06.17.2015 , 06:52 AM | #6
Not only will we not see a third, we are losing the second. One mega faction now. Easier from a Developer stand point I suppose. Only one faction story to write now.

seamusmc
06.17.2015 , 07:20 AM | #7
Its stated in a couple places that we will have the same 8 core classes. Of course that doesn't mean they won't announce a new class later. I imagine we'll see the typical updates to the advanced classes.

Nothing about playing a third faction, positive or negative, just never mentioned. I would seriously doubt it though.

MillionsKNives
06.17.2015 , 07:25 AM | #8
"Your character will become the Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War who comes face-to-face with a new threat to the galaxy: the Emperor of the Eternal Throne."

You tell me.

SamXXIII
06.17.2015 , 07:26 AM | #9
Also, it states that you are the outlander. "Whether Jedi, Sith, soldier, or mercenary, you are a veteran of the Great Galactic War. But your greatest challenge is yet to come." So I doubt there would be a new character to play. It will just be a carry on with your existing characters. It would be cool to have new races but what other classes could you play as? Astro driod ?

EricMusco
06.17.2015 , 07:35 AM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
... you intend to introduce a new faction with the expansion.

Will we be able to create a new character aligned to this new faction? Will we see the introduction of 4 new classes to level up and play, with a whole new set of "mirror" abilities, companions etc?

I'm curious.
The new Faction is not playable, but a new Faction within the story.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]