Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does flash point "hard mode" work?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How does flash point "hard mode" work?

Damarak
12.27.2011 , 08:30 PM | #1
Forgive me because I have yet to be a group leader and run a flashpoint, mostly I've been solo grindin my way to 50, but as I hit late 30s, flashpoints are actually becoming worth doing because I don't outlevel the gear in 5 minutes.

How does "hard mode" work. Is this the same as "heroic" in WoW, meaning the hard mode of the instances are ALL level 50 only? Or his hard mode tuned for the same level, just more challenging? Is there both?

I've done all the flashpoints once up till BP. Boarding Party seemed to be the only challenge of the entire series so far, those last 2 bosses are pretty brutal. The "extra" boss made my group wipe 8x before we got him (apparently people have problems staying away from the giant blue glowing cylander before it explodes).

BP, for a pug, seemed incredibly hard on healers. Seems like it would be beyond hard on "hard mode." I'm assuming here your not supposed to run hard mode @ 33ish.

So does hard mode make low lvl instances worth running? Or do levels stay the same, and HP goes up?

Damarak
12.27.2011 , 08:31 PM | #2
My bad, this was for the general section not classes