Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One hand lightsaber dps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
One hand lightsaber dps

Seferex
12.27.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1
Hello to everyone, i hope that you can help me with this:

I HATE the dual lightsaber or the double lightsaber

Said this, i'd like to try something that can do dps with just one lightsaber...
I'm already trying the jedi guardian, but i'm worried that he will be a half crap

Sage is only ranged and he never uses his lightsaber.

I dont know anything about the dark side xD

Any tips?

Wasimodo
12.27.2011 , 09:31 AM | #2
Guardian or Sage for one lightsaber. They both have two dps trees. You seem to already know this, so what tips do you want?

Seferex
12.27.2011 , 09:33 AM | #3
Sage is only ranged dps

I would like to know if the guardian is a good dps or if i have to give up about it.. Or if there is something better in the sith side

Soonerjohn
12.27.2011 , 09:43 AM | #4
All dps classes are supposed to be within 5% of each other as stated by BW.

Whether that is true or not can't be determined without access to equal level of gear, skill, and a working parser. Until then it is just bro science.

Using bro science, I can tell you that jugg dps seems to be fairly good once you get to higher levels and get the skill priorities down.
Zin - Bounty Hunter of Vulkar Highway(╯)╯︵ ┻━┻

Wasimodo
12.27.2011 , 09:43 AM | #5
There is no way to tell how good a spec for a certain class really is, since there is no damage meter or even a combat log for that matter. The developers goal is to make every dps tree for every class comparable, so you should be able to hang with sentinels as a guardian when you spec dps. Maybe it is like that already, maybe the guardian has better or worse dps than the sentinel, there is no reliable way to tell.

And the Sith classes are the same. Tank/Dps is one lightsaber, pure Dps is two.

Michaelphoenix
12.27.2011 , 09:43 AM | #6
Right now Guardian DPS is ok-ish.....its fine for the first 30 lvls but they get to be a lil squishy at the later ones

guardian tanking is a lil borked atm and in need of some buffs
Collector's Edition VIP Key Holder (has the joke gotten old yet?)

Seferex
12.27.2011 , 09:45 AM | #7
thx to everyone, i will hope for the guardian dps

If he will not work, i will just start to tank xD

Ty

EnsignSorrow
12.27.2011 , 09:56 AM | #8
Guardian dps is fine. Especially leveling I can have zero down time between mobs up until the end of Voss. You have a powerful master strike that can 1 shot normal mobs, you can stun guys, and pummel strike them for easily downing adds, then you can hold aggro with force sweep, and other abilities, down the adds, and then focus the elite or boss. Until you get Doc (healing companion) you're going to need to use your companion to hold aggro on an elite, until you down the adds really fast, then you take aggro from the boss. This method can be used when there are no adds, and you're fighting a boss that you cannot tank alone. Send Kira in first, and let her get a bit of aggro, then move in and start putting damage in as well until she gets to about 25% hp, and then take aggro. This basically doubles chance of winning a fight.

Jedi Guardian is all about building quick, and spending everything. If you completely out of combat, and have focus remaining then that means you need to spend more. Constantly remind yourself to spend, and you will find yourself to be a total machine.

The 'Focus' talent tree is not what I went with, although it's not bad.

Kagek
12.27.2011 , 04:21 PM | #9
Since Sith Jugg is Guardian's mirror I can tell you my DPS is quite good at 39 with a DPS spec. At least as good as they can seem without playing other DPS classes. Only problem is that I feel quite squishy.

Grimmas
12.27.2011 , 08:31 PM | #10
Having gotten to 49 so far, I can tell you that Vigilance Guardian does feel a bit squishy and could perhaps use a slight DPS boost but it's certainly very workable and you can solo all content from 1 to 50 (apart from group content like heroics and flashpoints, of course).