Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Noxside
12.25.2011 , 11:28 PM | #21
I don't know what happened. After countless deaths and over 100K credits in repair bills. I used Saber throw once on him and he went down and i completed it :S happened a few days ago.
.**.,,.*[;::;(。◕‿‿◕。)

HollowVamp
12.26.2011 , 06:00 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Yes, it's simply not doable for me. I've heard of a few people being able to do it, but I suspect they're burst specced Sentinels or some such thing, capable of burning things fast while using defensive cooldowns.

I am tank spec as well, and it's simply not possible without serious upgrades. I'm not even sure it's possible then.
the only people i know who have finished it had it bug and he died in one hit.
It's not the GREAT who are STRONG
It's the STRONG who are GREAT

ChrisSchmidt
12.26.2011 , 05:15 PM | #23 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey Folks!

Spoilers below, but please read if you have reached the final fight in the quest Doomsday.

Spoiler

Thanks for your help!

Bruteuus
12.27.2011 , 07:06 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
Hey Folks!

Spoilers below, but please read if you have reached the final fight in the quest Doomsday.

Spoiler

Thanks for your help!
Just compelted the puzzle that reveals the chest, i can clikc it but it does not open. and when i say i can click on it i mean bits of it stick out of whatever stone thing is covering it. cannot get the loot for T7.

edit: it is not even behaving like a normal chest as when i mouse over to loot it it shows it as interactive from any distance.

Nellise
12.27.2011 , 07:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bruteuus View Post
Just compelted the puzzle that reveals the chest, i can clikc it but it does not open. and when i say i can click on it i mean bits of it stick out of whatever stone thing is covering it. cannot get the loot for T7.

edit: it is not even behaving like a normal chest as when i mouse over to loot it it shows it as interactive from any distance.
This was my same experience with it. Before you complete the puzzle there's a table-like object where the chest spawns, that object stayed there when the chest spawned covering up most of the chest. I could click on small parts of the chest that stuck out, but all it did was channel the opening of the chest, but it never opened or let me loot anything.

But even if this is how you're supposed to gear up T7, what about all the trash that is before the chest/puzzle that you've got to clear with a nearly useless companion?

Bruteuus
12.27.2011 , 08:17 PM | #26
yea that trash was not fun. this quest needs some serious re tuning and fixing.

Anundir
12.27.2011 , 08:31 PM | #27
So, just to reiterate what everyone else is saying this fight is horrid. Not sure how it made it out of testing in it's current state.

Here is your puzzle box. I just spawned it on my server as I was growing bored of bashing my head against the wall that is the Emperor fight. Thanks for the T7 companion for this fight! I actually had forgoten why I turned him into a crafting bot 35 levels ago!

Puzzle Complete

Box

Box Clickable

Box no open...

I don't get an out of range error the channel bar just goes away.

Back to the fight I guess...

Edit: Where do you change the time on these forums? I have been all through my preferences and can't find the option. Forum says it's 2am right now.

Mithrand
12.27.2011 , 09:12 PM | #28
The box doesnt open for me either.

Pleun
12.27.2011 , 10:12 PM | #29
Wondering how on earth this got a green light during testing. This is simply absolutely ******* crazy.

Wickedr
12.27.2011 , 10:53 PM | #30
Spent 60k in repairs from attempts now, not to mention what I spent re-gearing T7. Going to have to try and get help from someone and hope they don't mind having a class ending spoiled for them. Great.