Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

BadNewzzz
12.24.2011 , 05:02 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by MookieFett View Post
can someone please tell me a good spec that will pve and pvp? I cant really solo any instance, and im not talking about heroics.
I'm playing deseption, very much like the 5/33/3 and i like it a lot.

Never had problem with any pve, stealth + mindtrap is a great help when you are doing heroics solo and there is too many enemys.
In pvp i seems to do more then ok also but have not done enough of it too see how i compare against others. But ganking noobs and use force stealth when their friends come never gets old

But i have nothing to compare too, i have only played this deseption so maybe some other class that can do it all much better, but the play style suit me and i really enjoy playing it

Annabelle
12.24.2011 , 03:47 PM | #72
I have posted some numbers on the tankasin website for everyone to think on called: Willpower/Power/Armor Stat Breakdown & Diminishing Returns

http://maintankasin.net/node/100

It shows some of the initial stat increases per point using our common stats including willpower and power.

80% Explorer | 60% Achiever | 53% Socializer | 13% Killer

Angina
12.24.2011 , 09:17 PM | #73
Question about the Madness PVE build and priority. I'm not yet 50 so I have not had the chance to experiment with everything but I'm wondering if 8/2/31 will be the better build for PVE madness.

My suspicion is that the buffs to thrash and the relatively low force regen makes trying to use Maul in our rotation not worth it. I suspect that we won't have the extra force and time to work in Maul effectively making those three points very low yield to benefit ratio.

What I propose is that the extra 3% damage from electric execution in darkness tree and having a burst CD from the two points in dark embrace (force cloak then spam assassinate/thrash/shock with increased force regen) and dropping Maul from the priority list. We would then use Thrash/lacerate/assassinate when no dots need refreshing and you don't need force. I'm also under the impression that each attack from thrash can individually proc your Raze ability which is our biggest DPS boost of all (especially on fights with more than one target).

Once I have more information about the damage that our lightsaber charges do at level 50 and what the relative damage of Thrash and buffed maul will be, then I can run some math to back this idea up.

WldWzl
12.25.2011 , 09:00 PM | #74
Having good luck using these specs and guide tanking so far at 23. I am a bit confused about primary stats still. Even though we are tank we should be picking willpower over endurance?

Dannyvb
12.26.2011 , 06:13 AM | #75
Stupid question maybe but I've been playing in darkness spec and I've been wondering if I want to tank as a sith assassin should I use dual lightsabers or should I use a shield and lightsaber?

LazyBoot
12.26.2011 , 12:10 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Dannyvb View Post
Stupid question maybe but I've been playing in darkness spec and I've been wondering if I want to tank as a sith assassin should I use dual lightsabers or should I use a shield and lightsaber?
2-bladed saber + shield

Dannyvb
12.26.2011 , 05:37 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by LazyBoot View Post
2-bladed saber + shield
I just found ingame by randomly equipping felt like a real idiot when I did that thanks for the response though

Kyuuu
12.27.2011 , 12:24 AM | #78
In-game stat window for assassin says the following

Strength=Melee damage bonus,Melee Crit chance

80str=+16 melee damage bonus, +0.91% crit chance

Willpower=Melee damage bonus,Melee Crit Chance, Force Damage bonus,Force Crit Chance

565= +113 melee damage bonus, 5.90% Melee Crit chance, +113 Force damage bonus, 5.90% Force crit chance

And as far as i can will power is increasing damage. Str helps melee to but seeing assassin has both force attacks and melee might as well get willpower stats. (tested with out armor and armor on Str is same with and with out and will power does increase melee atlest that what it looks like to me)

If this is wrong then the in game description on assassin is wrong on what helps with melee but, Str probably helps more, but i dont have str gear to test that. might want make some changes to the main post about willpower not helping melee

Wookiebeast
12.27.2011 , 06:00 PM | #79
Your link to the skill trees does not show the full numbers as the link implies - instead of 5/33/3 we feet 2/3/3

Can you send me a link to the correct skill tree for Deception?

Thanks

Wookiebeast
12.27.2011 , 06:07 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Forcemuffin View Post
Awesome guide; thanks!
Your link to skill tree don't work either must be an issue with the site ur using