Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upgrading account.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheXarJ
12.27.2011 , 05:34 PM | #1
Ok, I got a copy of the digital deluxe version of the game so that I could get in early... I am not having real problems with the game it self...

I received a collectors edition of the game for Christmas, and want to upgrade my current account to the collectors edition so I do not lose any of the work I have done so far, and would still like to keep the digital deluxe version to gift to a friend...

Is this possible? I don't want to upgrade my current account and lose the digital deluxe version...

Let me know what my options are.

TheXarJ
12.27.2011 , 05:46 PM | #2
Bump to avoid losing this in all the complaints.

dodgygeeza
12.27.2011 , 05:49 PM | #3
I'm confused, let me get this correct. You want to upgrade to CE but still give the currently used key for the standard edition (which you will be upgrading to CE) to a friend? That makes no sense, or have I misunderstood?

Luniara
12.27.2011 , 05:53 PM | #4
I understand what he wants to do.
He got a CE for Christmas but has a serial already installed into his account. He would like to add the NEW key to his account so he can get the cool benefits the CE comes with.

I tried to see if you can change your key but all I see for me is an option for an upgrade. Call customer service so you can talk to someone one on one.

The worst I foresee is you making a new account with that new key and ditching what characters you have. I hope that is not the case for you.
Luniara Solborne | Sith Marauder
Penumbral, Guild Leader - Jung Ma Server
Website | Join Us
DeviantART | Character Wiki

dodgygeeza
12.27.2011 , 05:54 PM | #5
Just upgrade for 20 bucks, but honestly CE is meh, not really worth bothering with all of the items are junk worthless (bar the mount), but what's the point if the mount is same speed as all the rest...

TheXarJ
12.27.2011 , 05:55 PM | #6
That's correct... I mention in my post "so I don't lose any of the work I have done so far" that is really the only issue... If I could just move the one character over that would solve the problem too... But yeah I will try the long phone wait...

Conveeyor
12.27.2011 , 05:56 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We are sorry but you can't give away a key you have already used.

It is possible to upgrade from the standard edition to the Collector's Edition though.

We hope this answers your question.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

dodgygeeza
12.27.2011 , 05:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheXarJ View Post
That's correct... I mention in my post "so I don't lose any of the work I have done so far" that is really the only issue... If I could just move the one character over that would solve the problem too... But yeah I will try the long phone wait...
I guarantee you are wasting a phone call mate, if it's really that impoirtant just pay the 20 bucks and upgrade your already existing key to CE.

TheXarJ
12.27.2011 , 06:15 PM | #9
You are talking about the digital deluxe version... You can't 'pay extra money to upgrade to the collectors edition... It is a physical version of the game... I already have digital deluxe.. I just don't want to lose my progress and still use the collectors edition. Then give the digital deluxe version I paid for to a friend... But it seems if I upgrade my account I will lose out... Or I may not be able to upgrade at all, meaning I have to start over with my new account.

At least that is how it is sounding... I will still try to make the call.