Possible Maintenance Tomorrow - 5/14

EricMusco

Having a maintenance today makes this a lie. Very sorry.

No, it doesn't. Look up the definition of a lie.

"an intentionally false statement."

"to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive"

There was no intent to to deceive here. He told the truth based on the facts at the time, which were accurate... at the time. Then the team worked on it overnight and got it done and the facts he based his statement on were no longer accurate. Doesn't make his original statement a lie.

Regardless, would you have preferred they just sat on it for a day keeping everybody from doing the conquest for another day? Like, seriously. They fixed something in the game and your response is "Well, you lied about there being no maintenance today!"? Give me a break, please.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

congratz, you just killed a promising Ravagers HM run.

General

• Corrected and adjusted the Conquest and Event schedule:

• The Gree Event will continue to run until Tuesday, May 26th.

• The Relics of the Gree Conquest Event will repeat starting on Tuesday, May 19th.

• Bounty Contract Week has been rescheduled, and will now run from Tuesday, May 26th to Tuesday, June 2nd.

Why on earth couldnt this wait til tuesday? Emergency patches are one thing, adjusting schedules for next week during prime time on a holiday is well, ah whatever. Its just Europe.

I don't see how any of these changes have effected he game. Why was it necessary to patch something that doesn't effect the experience?

I'm sure I am missing something I just can't see what the emergency was about.

Yet the Mara/Sent forum has had people asking about the proposed changes and getting nothing done about serious balance issues.

Not even a little bit of a lie...it was the best information he had at the time. Did you happen to read how the team worked through the night and got the issue resolved?
Saying it was not was dishonesty, declaring uncertainty would have been honest.

Bull crap. He gave his BEST AVAILABLE INFO at the time he posted. Just because the impossible happened and the team got the bug fixed while working over time, doesn't mean Eric lied in ANY sense of that word. NONE. It's absolutely ridiculous that you think it's a lie...how petty. Grow up lol.

I don't see how any of these changes have effected he game. Why was it necessary to patch something that doesn't effect the experience?

I'm sure I am missing something I just can't see what the emergency was about.

Yet the Mara/Sent forum has had people asking about the proposed changes and getting nothing done about serious balance issues.

It affects the game because the conquest for this week was broken, so they fixed it. I'll ask you the same thing: would you have preferred they sat on it and wasted even more of the conquest time for those that enjoy the conquest (and since it's for Relics of the Gree that'd remove some opportunity to get stuff done since Relics of the Gree only lasts until the 26th).

Being honest would be telling us the truth as he knows it, which is what he did. There's no reason for him to lie and say a patch is coming later than it actually is. At the time it didn't look like it'd be done by today so he told us that. Then the team worked overnight and got it done. There is no lack of honesty there on Eric's part. He was honest and things changed.

Good lord people.

Bull crap. He gave his BEST AVAILABLE INFO at the time he posted. Just because the impossible happened and the team got the bug fixed while working over time, doesn't mean Eric lied in ANY sense of that word. NONE. It's absolutely ridiculous that you think it's a lie...how petty. Grow up lol.
"Grow up" says the one raging.

It affects the game because the conquest for this week was broken, so they fixed it. I'll ask you the same thing: would you have preferred they sat on it and wasted even more of the conquest time for those that enjoy the conquest (and since it's for Relics of the Gree that'd remove some opportunity to get stuff done since Relics of the Gree only lasts until the 26th).

Relics of the gree event is still set to end in 21 hours and no guilds have started conquest of any world. How has the patch changed anything?

I can't see any difference, am I missing something?

Some of you people are just *********** AMAZING!!! Eric gives you information up front like you people keep ************ for and the team works overtime to get it fixed and ready to deploy and you people ***** about wording and OMG It interrupted a HM RUN!!! :mad:

GROW THE **** UP!!!!! :mad:

FYI if they are salary they did it for free and this is the thanks they get for it!? Salary jobs don't get overtime pay!! :mad:

I'm the one being sensible. Sorry if calling your view "bull crap" offends you, but it's honest feedback, not raging.

You might wanna use a different word, because the other guy doesn't understand what this one means.

Relics of the gree event is still set to end in 21 hours and no guilds have started conquest of any world. How has the patch changed anything?

They had to release a patch because this week, conquest ended earlier than expected. We don't really know what would have happened then, in the worst case, the server would have crashed or player data would be lost.

AFAIK, today's patch not only changed the event schedules (that could also have been done on Tuesday), it also extended the Time of Peace (the time on Monday where no conquest happens) from 24 hours to 96 hours to ensure that the next conquest week doesn't start until Tuesday.

This patch needed to happen any time between Tuesday and Friday but since it wasn't ready until today, they only had the choice of patching immediately or wait until Friday morning.

Then I misunderstood the fix, I still don't see the problem with them patching it today though. The servers were down for 30 minutes and they got the stuff fixed and set up so it'll run smoothly on Tuesday for the reset. What am I missing as far as the problem here?

Also, see the post above me. Jerba understands what they did with this patch more than I do so that post will explain it better.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

Some of you people are just *********** AMAZING!!! Eric gives you information up front like you people keep ************ for and the team works overtime to get it fixed and ready to deploy and you people ***** about wording and OMG It interrupted a HM RUN!!! :mad:

GROW THE **** UP!!!!! :mad:

FYI if they are salary they did it for free and this is the thanks they get for it!? Salary jobs don't get overtime pay!! :mad:

I second this. Not just thanks to Musco for the regular information updates on this matter, also working over hours on the game we all like to play is pretty awesome. Big "thank you" to the devs who decided to spend the night in the office.

They had to release a patch because this week, conquest ended earlier than expected. We don't really know what would have happened then, in the worst case, the server would have crashed or player data would be lost.

AFAIK, today's patch not only changed the event schedules (that could also have been done on Tuesday), it also extended the Time of Peace (the time on Monday where no conquest happens) from 24 hours to 96 hours to ensure that the next conquest week doesn't start until Tuesday.

This patch needed to happen any time between Tuesday and Friday but since it wasn't ready until today, they only had the choice of patching immediately or wait until Friday morning.

That is what I don't understand they made their staff work through the night when it could have been deployed Friday Morning. Emergency maintenance for something that wont have any effect at all for 21 hours. I don't understand why they didn't give people more notice and not do it in primeish time on a Holiday in Germany.

Emergency maintenance feels like there should be some noticeable fix after its deployed not exactly the same.

I'm the one being sensible. Sorry if calling your view "bull crap" offends you, but it's honest feedback, not raging.

Honest feedback or not, telling someone to grow up when using vulgarity doesn't really sound like a very good source to adhere to.

That is what I don't understand they made their staff work through the night when it could have been deployed Friday Morning. Emergency maintenance for something that wont have any effect at all for 21 hours. I don't understand why they didn't give people more notice and not do it in primeish time on a Holiday in Germany.

Emergency maintenance feels like there should be some noticeable fix after its deployed not exactly the same.

You're assuming they were made to stay but for all you know they volunteered to stay and get it done.

Either way they went out of their way to

1: provide information to the players who actually read the forums.

2: worked overtime to get it done.

That in an of itself deserves a thank you not more ************ from the Peanut gallery.

Honest feedback or not, telling someone to grow up when using vulgarity doesn't really sound like a very good source to adhere to.

Don't act like a child and you won't get people telling you to grow up it's as simple as that.

You're assuming they were made to stay but for all you know they volunteered to stay and get it done.

Either way they went out of their way to

1: provide information to the players who actually read the forums.

2: worked overtime to get it done.

That in an of itself deserves a thank you not more ************ from the Peanut gallery.

Insults, like flattery, will get you everywhere, except in reality.

You haven't been around long have you. TUX is nothing but honest with his feedback. Sometimes painfully so. Explaining what that means to him is like a telling a pilot how to fly a plane.

You do need to grow up. Why? Because instead of taking a second to understand the situation you started bashing the devs and calling Eric a liar.

But... you can keep crying over it if you like. The patch is implemented the reasons why are self evident and the Gree event has been extended.

• Dev Post

Although I appreciate a good discussion, I think this thread is starting to go to a dark place. I am going to go ahead and close it so that cooler heads can prevail.

In honor of that, here is a Rakghoul smiley face for all of you :rak_01:

-eric