Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are the specifics of the Epic story boost? (commendations and class story?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What are the specifics of the Epic story boost? (commendations and class story?)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fappa
04.27.2015 , 01:14 PM | #1
Hi I've been out of the loop a little bit. Just saw the May the 4th post.

http://www.swtor.com/may-the-fourth?...kt-t-us-hp-183

It says:

Quote:
Inspired by the popularity of the 12x XP Boost, Subscribers can level faster while experiencing a deeper and more engaging story-telling experience. The Epic Story XP Boost includes reduced cool down on quick travel options and increased commendations to facilitate acquisition of the gear you need when you need it.
Questions:

1) Does it apply only to class story missions like before, or is it more broad?

2) I'm SUPER out of the loop with this game...I played for a few months back at the beginning and haven't really played since. So commendations - how exactly do we get these increased commendations...I'm guessing just as rewards for the class story quests? Also, what's the best way to use these? Is it advisable to just play until you are having trouble with the game due your bad gear, and then spend them all at the Fleet at the level appropriate vendor?

Thanks!

Bobs_YourUncle
04.27.2015 , 01:16 PM | #2
From what I've read posted around here, fwiw, they are increasing/adding commendations as rewards in quests AND lowering the prices of mods to help with lack of gear doing only the class missions. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

maverickmatt
04.27.2015 , 01:20 PM | #3
Better act now, it ends this fall.

I said it ends this fall.

Azut
04.27.2015 , 01:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fappa View Post

It says:

Questions:

2) I'm SUPER out of the loop with this game...I played for a few months back at the beginning and haven't really played since. So commendations - how exactly do we get these increased commendations...I'm guessing just as rewards for the class story quests? Also, what's the best way to use these? Is it advisable to just play until you are having trouble with the game due your bad gear, and then spend them all at the Fleet at the level appropriate vendor?

Thanks!
from Eric's reddit:
[]emusco 19 points an hour ago
This is intended! It will only be the core Class quests and the main storyline on Makeb that are part of the Epic Story XP Boost.

I guess that sums up for you?
Way too many alts for the signature to handle!

Azut
04.27.2015 , 01:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by maverickmatt View Post
Better act now, it ends this fall.

I said it ends this fall.
#FallenEmpire
Way too many alts for the signature to handle!

EricMusco
04.27.2015 , 01:51 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Fappa View Post

It says:

Questions:

Thanks!
Hey Fappa!

Great question, I thought it might be a good idea to spell out some of the improvements that are a part of the Epic Story XP Boost. A lot of these changes can be found in the 3.2 patch notes which can be found here. Also, since I love bulleted lists, I am going to give you one those:
  • The Epic Story XP Boost applies to the Class Missions of each class in the core game. In Rise of the Hutt Cartel it applies to the main story mission for each Faction.
  • Each Class Mission now rewards far more Basic Commendations than before, which is a great way to stay geared as you level.
  • There have been a ton of improvements to make travel easier (I will list them shortly).
Here are some of the relevant patch notes surrounding the Epic Story XP Boost:
  • All Class Missions that previously rewarded 1 or 2 Basic Commendations now reward 8 Basic Commendations.
  • The Planetary Modification and Equipment Vendors have gone through a large rework: The vendor's stocks have been adjusted to have a better variety of Modifications at a lower Commendation cost. In addition, the title of the NPCs has been changed to reflect the level of the items they sell.
  • All Taxi Destinations are now available to all players.
  • All Quick Travel Bind Points within a map region are now automatically discovered when the region is revealed.
  • The cooldown on the Quick Travel ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 6 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 26 minutes.
  • The Legacy Travel I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Quick Travel ability by 2 additional minutes each.
  • The cooldown on the Emergency Fleet Pass ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 90 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 180 minutes.
  • The Legacy Fleet Pass I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Emergency Fleet Pass ability by 30 additional minutes each.
  • The base cooldown on the Priority Transport: Personal Starship Legacy Perk has been reduced to 6 minutes. Each Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship unlock will reduce that cooldown by an additional 2 minutes.
As you can see, travel, especially with Legacy Perks is now much easier . I hope this wall of text makes the whole Epic Story XP Boost thing a bit simpler!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nickious
04.27.2015 , 01:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Fappa!

Great question, I thought it might be a good idea to spell out some of the improvements that are a part of the Epic Story XP Boost. A lot of these changes can be found in the 3.2 patch notes which can be found here. Also, since I love bulleted lists, I am going to give you one those:
  • The Epic Story XP Boost applies to the Class Missions of each class in the core game. In Rise of the Hutt Cartel it applies to the main story mission for each Faction.
  • Each Class Mission now rewards far more Basic Commendations than before, which is a great way to stay geared as you level.
  • There have been a ton of improvements to make travel easier (I will list them shortly).
Here are some of the relevant patch notes surrounding the Epic Story XP Boost:
  • All Class Missions that previously rewarded 1 or 2 Basic Commendations now reward 8 Basic Commendations.
  • The Planetary Modification and Equipment Vendors have gone through a large rework: The vendor's stocks have been adjusted to have a better variety of Modifications at a lower Commendation cost. In addition, the title of the NPCs has been changed to reflect the level of the items they sell.
  • All Taxi Destinations are now available to all players.
  • All Quick Travel Bind Points within a map region are now automatically discovered when the region is revealed.
  • The cooldown on the Quick Travel ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 6 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 26 minutes.
  • The Legacy Travel I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Quick Travel ability by 2 additional minutes each.
  • The cooldown on the Emergency Fleet Pass ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 90 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 180 minutes.
  • The Legacy Fleet Pass I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Emergency Fleet Pass ability by 30 additional minutes each.
  • The base cooldown on the Priority Transport: Personal Starship Legacy Perk has been reduced to 6 minutes. Each Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship unlock will reduce that cooldown by an additional 2 minutes.
As you can see, travel, especially with Legacy Perks is now much easier . I hope this wall of text makes the whole Epic Story XP Boost thing a bit simpler!

-eric
Are these travel perks, comms, etc, permanent changes or just for the duration of 12 XP?
My Referral LInk: http://www.swtor.com/r/hRqjqk
Admittedly, I get a little bit more out of this deal than you do in the form of free CC but the benefits are nothing to scoff at, including 7 day sub and a free server transfer,
Click here for more info on how you can reap your own rewards.

unibim
04.27.2015 , 01:56 PM | #8
Hey Fappa!

Great question, I thought it might be a good idea to spell out some of the improvements that are a part of the Epic Story XP Boost.

-eric
SoR is not Epic Story? It's meh story? You guys admit it? Riiiiight.
Malgus Self-Destruct button
Press in case of emergency need of referral link.

WTB [A Way To Change Forum Display Name]

KurganNazzir
04.27.2015 , 02:02 PM | #9
[LIST][*]The Epic Story XP Boost applies to the Class Missions of each class in the core game. In Rise of the Hutt Cartel it applies to the main story mission for each Faction.

-eric
Rishi and Yavin aren't affected by 12xp or did you mean faction stories added with (and after) RotHC?

Never mind, I see the answer in another post.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

EricMusco
04.27.2015 , 02:04 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
Are these travel perks, comms, etc, permanent changes or just for the duration of 12 XP?
Permanent

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]