12XP how long for ?

tamaska

here they say it will last till fall. but its still not for level 55 to 60 so I won't play too many twinks to level 60.

The "class" portion of Rishi/Yavin is pretty significant. If you can't get from 50-60 with Makeb (a lot is class), Rishi and Yavin on x12 the problem isn't with the game it lies somewhere between the seat and the monitor.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the story XP buff will be applicable to all 1-55 content flagged as story regardless of player level, or if the boost no longer applies after level 55, even if the player still has 1-55 story missions available which would reward XP.

If the former, it should be possible to hit 60 (or really close) just doing the base class story missions into the early 50s, then Makeb story missions to 60.

If it is the later, no big deal, though it would have been nice to be able to push through to 60 just doing boosted story missions.

Edited by DawnAskham

• Dev Post
I wonder if the story XP buff will be applicable to all 1-55 content flagged as story regardless of player level, or if the boost no longer applies after level 55, even if the player still has 1-55 story missions available which would reward XP.

If the former, it should be possible to hit 60 (or really close) just doing the base class story missions into the early 50s, then Makeb story missions to 60.

If it is the later, no big deal, though it would have been nice to be able to push through to 60 just doing boosted story missions.

The Epic Story XP Boost applies to Class Missions in the core game and then the main "critical path" storyline of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. We are not putting the Epic Story XP Boost for Shadow of Revan (55-60) since it was already designed to be a much more streamlined and faster leveling experience.

To your specific question, I believe that any experience you would earn is what is magnified. For example: if the Mission is showing as grey to you, then you would get very little experience, times 12. You will want to have Missions showing as green in difficulty or higher to maximize your gains.

Hope that helps, thanks!

-eric

The Epic Story XP Boost applies to Class Missions in the core game and then the main "critical path" storyline of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. We are not putting the Epic Story XP Boost for Shadow of Revan (55-60) since it was already designed to be a much more streamlined and faster leveling experience.

To your specific question, I believe that any experience you would earn is what is magnified. For example: if the Mission is showing as grey to you, then you would get very little experience, times 12. You will want to have Missions showing as green in difficulty or higher to maximize your gains.

Hope that helps, thanks!

-eric

But you aren't answering the core question ... until when does the boost last?

And whats the ETA for the slot machine fix?

This is the answer I believe:

The Epic Story XP Boost applies to Class Missions in the core game and then the main "critical path" storyline of Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

The last main story-line quest on Makeb is what the boost goes up to. That quest is probably level 55. So, if you are still doing Makeb after level 55, you will continue to gain 12x but at a smaller amount, since the quests will start becoming green and then eventually gray to you.

It looks like they have answered the question. Erik said here

The Epic Story XP Boost applies to Class Missions in the core game and then the main "critical path" storyline of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. We are not putting the Epic Story XP Boost for Shadow of Revan

and in the article here.

I'm sure they don't have an exact date for the end of the 12x XP yet as it will have to be aligned with the patch schedule and/or another content release. To be safe plan on having 12x XP for the next 4 months.

Just to sum up and save you some reading either in the fall or once you finish RotHC with your character.

Edited by The_Wulff

I wasn't around for the first 12XP boost, is it possible to level purely on class missions alone? or do the XP boosts and the legacy class XP boost stack with the 12xp? I've done all the side missions so many times, it'd be nice to just level through doing class story for a change. :)

Corroborating what someone else said, but yes. I took advantage to level three characters from CharGen to 55 during the last 12x XP and can verify you can do it using only class quests + a few quests into Makeb. I ran with a general use XP boost on the entire time--I used a few purchased to start with, then story rewards later.

FYI, personal experience, stealth class leveling during 12x XP is the bomb. :D Looking forward to doing it again to finish up my Shadow.

What about the main Ilum story missions?

i dont think so, but i never did it with any of my toons, if anything you can always overlevel ilum and then go back, but then again by the time i got to voss on many of my guys they were done already 50 so by the time you finish corellia you could be ~55 so illum will be very easy, and by the time youre done with makeb you should be 60 so SoR and such will be very easy

FOCUS ON YOUR STORY WITH THE EPIC STORY XP BOOST!

THE BOOST DELIVERS AN ACCELERATED AND MORE IMMERSIVE STORY EXPERIENCE!

Inspired by the popularity of the 12x XP Boost, Subscribers can level faster while experiencing a deeper and more engaging story-telling experience. The Epic Story XP Boost includes reduced cool down on quick travel options and increased commendations to facilitate acquisition of the gear you need when you need it.

Level your characters from 1 – 55 at an accelerated rate

Now you have the ability to toggle on/off the Epic Story XP Boost once acquired

Act now, the Epic Story XP Boost ends this Fall

FOCUS ON YOUR STORY WITH THE EPIC STORY XP BOOST!

THE BOOST DELIVERS AN ACCELERATED AND MORE IMMERSIVE STORY EXPERIENCE!

Inspired by the popularity of the 12x XP Boost, Subscribers can level faster while experiencing a deeper and more engaging story-telling experience. The Epic Story XP Boost includes reduced cool down on quick travel options and increased commendations to facilitate acquisition of the gear you need when you need it.

Level your characters from 1 – 55 at an accelerated rate

Now you have the ability to toggle on/off the Epic Story XP Boost once acquired

Act now, the Epic Story XP Boost ends this Fall

i quote the last bit Act now, the Epic Story XP Boost ends this Fall what date dose it end that's all i would like to know lol

They have not set a firm date on the end. By best guess it will correlate with a major patch or update in the fall. Until the Development Team has a firm date on that patch it will be left open ended so they don't make people angry when the date changes.

It's better then being stuck with it.

Aye let the influx of newbiles begin ( oh **** i dropped a quaver ).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

EDIT - **** = carp

EDIT 2 - other crisps (chips ) brands are also available . but this one quaver was just poised on my teeth it went pang!

Edited by BadOrb