Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware Devs: Guild Functions need improvement

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware Devs: Guild Functions need improvement

Ahl-Vinn
04.01.2015 , 12:19 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Fleurdelis View Post
And to this date, over 2 years later, we still do not have dev responses or these items we requested in the game.
To be fair, if any in-game voice-servers are ever added to the in-game experience, then the traditional 500-player max would be the standard; not the exception.

In reality, there is no other offer of reasoning towards the 500-player maximum to an in-game voice-server - even though the traditional 500-player max has become the industry-standard.

Or was there something that yours truly was missing, in a closer examination of the lame, years-old standard of a guild's maximum membership from the old-school 500?

I mean, 1991-1997's original 500-player max for AOL's (1st-title; un-related-to game-builder design) Neverwinter Nights seems kind of out-dated; is this truly a modern server's maximum, for players?

Should it be? I mean, it's 2015; 500 players makes a good server?!

Why not just lift the lame limit of 500/guild player membership and get with the times? Our guild-community is one of a few that would greatly benefit from a 2500-player maximum guild-membership-quota increase. 500 is usually fine for other MMO's - but what, exactly, was the reasoning in SWTOR?!

TS and Ventrilo-usage are common - but why the restrictions, otherwise?

Ahlvis, of Server Begeren Colony, SWTOR
Ahl-Vinn, formerly of Servers Bria and Starsider, SWG
Long live <THE JEDl ORDER>, 2004 - Present
Long live the former Server Vrook Lamar!

Rasticles
04.01.2015 , 05:17 AM | #52
I'd be happy if we could right click on a guild member in the guild tab, and whisper them. The fact you can't do this is beyond lacking ......

And a guild log, as mentioned above. I'd like to know WHO left, or WHO joined while I was offline.

OrionSol
04.05.2015 , 01:16 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by rasticles View Post
i'd be happy if we could right click on a guild member in the guild tab, and whisper them. The fact you can't do this is beyond lacking ......

And a guild log, as mentioned above. I'd like to know who left, or who joined while i was offline.
this ^^^
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

wiredgutter
04.05.2015 , 01:28 PM | #54
I'd settle for being able to whisper my guildys from the guild panel. SMH

Fleurdelis
04.06.2015 , 07:11 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasticles View Post
I'd be happy if we could right click on a guild member in the guild tab, and whisper them. The fact you can't do this is beyond lacking ......

And a guild log, as mentioned above. I'd like to know WHO left, or WHO joined while I was offline.
I'd be happy if we could get a DEV response.

Ahl-Vinn
04.08.2015 , 06:44 PM | #56

Just thought to mention, for the benefit of anyone who's wished to be able to click-to-whisper someone in-guild that perhaps has a funny character in their name:

On the /who screen, you can search for people in your own guild, and right-click on them to send a /whisper or a /tell. I know this is just a work-around to the problem, but still wanted to post, in case anyone could benefit, from it.

Ahlvis, of Server Begeren Colony, SWTOR
Ahl-Vinn, formerly of Servers Bria and Starsider, SWG
Long live <THE JEDl ORDER>, 2004 - Present
Long live the former Server Vrook Lamar!

OrionSol
04.14.2015 , 07:06 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahl-Vinn View Post

Just thought to mention, for the benefit of anyone who's wished to be able to click-to-whisper someone in-guild that perhaps has a funny character in their name:

On the /who screen, you can search for people in your own guild, and right-click on them to send a /whisper or a /tell. I know this is just a work-around to the problem, but still wanted to post, in case anyone could benefit, from it.

Good work around, just annoying
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."