Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark side an Light side classes the same.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Dark side an Light side classes the same.

SQUIDWARF
12.27.2011 , 09:14 AM | #1
Okay so i played as a sith warrior and decided to go try the Jedi knight and saw that each had the same abilites just different names just like with the other classes i began to notice. i know its for balance but it would make it kind of boring after a while. but do the advanced classes give you different abilities or the same just a different name then the other class? thanks

Lexster
12.27.2011 , 09:18 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SQUIDWARF View Post
Okay so i played as a sith warrior and decided to go try the Jedi knight and saw that each had the same abilites just different names just like with the other classes i began to notice. i know its for balance but it would make it kind of boring after a while. but do the advanced classes give you different abilities or the same just a different name then the other class? thanks
Same. I think there is maybe one or two abilities that are different between mirrors. That is the one that requires a companion to be out to use.

jazzllanna
12.27.2011 , 09:29 AM | #3
yes, the different ACs give you different abilties and play different from each other. They are essentially different classes.
Wichita Gunslinger
The Harbinger
Spoiler

Zalekanzer
12.27.2011 , 09:29 AM | #4
Mirror classes are mirror. As in: a reflection of each other.
This was done for balancing purposes. Now you can enjoy whichever side/class story you like best without worrying that the other side has better abilities than you.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

EnsignSorrow
12.27.2011 , 09:42 AM | #5
I don't think they are exactly mirrored like people claim they are. Either that or it doesn't seem like that. The animations are completely different except for a few things.

It is true that if you are going against your 'mirror' class then you somewhat expect what type of guy you are facing based on what you have, but there will be times when you are like damn that is different.

Here is an example: Imperial Agent's grenade thing explodes when landing on the enemy, and the Smuggler's explosive latches on, and explodes the next time the target is shot.

Two timings there. Which is cool, and adds depth. Neither is really better than the other, except they have different play-styles. Which are enjoyable.

I hope this answered your question.

FarzanZand
12.27.2011 , 09:43 AM | #6
Indeed. This is one of their best ideas yet. Mirror for balance, but keep the animations and such completely different.
For examble, even though scoundrels and operatives are exactly the same they look, feel and act completely different. I mean one kicks in the balls and shoots a shotgun in your back while the other stuns by stabbing you with a charged blade and backstabs.

Toogeloo
12.27.2011 , 12:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EnsignSorrow View Post
I don't think they are exactly mirrored like people claim they are. Either that or it doesn't seem like that. The animations are completely different except for a few things.

It is true that if you are going against your 'mirror' class then you somewhat expect what type of guy you are facing based on what you have, but there will be times when you are like damn that is different.

Here is an example: Imperial Agent's grenade thing explodes when landing on the enemy, and the Smuggler's explosive latches on, and explodes the next time the target is shot.

Two timings there. Which is cool, and adds depth. Neither is really better than the other, except they have different play-styles. Which are enjoyable.

I hope this answered your question.
You are confusing explosives. IAs first explosive works the same as the Smuggler. It attaches and detonates the next time the target is damage, then they both get Grenades as the next explosive, which blow up immediately.

Cosmetically they are different, fundamentally they are same. Whether you float up in the air and barrage an area with missiles as a Bounty Hunter, or Crouch down and launch a volley of mortars as a Trooper, the end result is the same.