Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Event Pre-registration is now live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Event Pre-registration is now live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVengeant
04.07.2015 , 04:05 PM | #11
How about just streaming the entire thing online and do away with this "pre-order" garbage so that EVERYONE can just enjoy it in person or online without some "I am special" reward nonsense.

EricMusco
04.07.2015 , 04:08 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by LegoUniverseBC View Post
How does the pre-register line work? How will you know who pre-registered? Will you ask for usernames?
We will be checking usernames and email addresses at the event!

-eric

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
How about just streaming the entire thing online and do away with this "pre-order" garbage so that EVERYONE can just enjoy it in person or online without some "I am special" reward nonsense.
We are actually streaming our Cantina event from SW Celebration, so you can tune in! Nothing wrong with a little extra for those who attend though

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EricMusco
04.07.2015 , 04:11 PM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DrMaul View Post
Will pre-registering be capped based on venue capacity (i.e., does successful pre-registering guarantee entry)?
It is very rare that we hit venue capacity as we try to leave a lot of buffer. However, if for some reason we have a ton of pre-registrations and they are more numerous than our capacity, we could turn people away. It does not guarantee entry. I will reiterate though, we have never had this happen. Celebration could certainly though, our room is huge but so is our attendance!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SebastiaanZ
04.07.2015 , 04:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric

We are actually streaming our Cantina event from SW Celebration, so you can tune in! Nothing wrong with a little extra for those who attend though

-eric
No there is something wrong with it. Its complete garbage Eric that people that actually attend it get more cause they are able to while players, EU players for example which are just as important as US players (which in my opinion BW keeps forgetting from time to time). I want the same chance on those rewards as physical people that come. That would be FAIR, what you do, is NOT FAIR.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

LegoUniverseBC
04.07.2015 , 04:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric

-eric
Sounds cool, what is the recommend time to get there as I know these events can get filled up quite quickly.

GadgetDon
04.07.2015 , 04:13 PM | #16
Do you need a ticket to Star Wars Celebration to get into the Cantina?

LegoUniverseBC
04.07.2015 , 04:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GadgetDon View Post
Do you need a ticket to Star Wars Celebration to get into the Cantina?
No it's in the hotel bar right near the convention center.

SebastiaanZ
04.07.2015 , 04:17 PM | #18
If you don't change this, you are handling this the same way as the Slot Machines (right when is that gonna be fixed?) or the Comms massacre (thank god that is changed in 3.2)
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Sathid
04.07.2015 , 04:26 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
If you don't change this, you are handling this the same way as the Slot Machines (right when is that gonna be fixed?) or the Comms massacre (thank god that is changed in 3.2)
Huh,it's a community event what you want them to travel the whole globe? you go primarily to meet up with guildys,players from the server you play on,see other players and many dress up in Star Wars get ups what not and then meet some of the team,that's all it is really.

I met up pre funk with five people at the bar,then i met about ten other people from my server,one couple drove down from Canada and spent three days in Seattle and attended.

Jimmajamma
04.07.2015 , 04:43 PM | #20
nvm. issue addressed
Garbinger
Dirty-randy
Make America Great Again