Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

64bit client and DX11/12 plz.

Marctraider
03.29.2015 , 08:52 AM | #1
Simple request. the first 64bit consumer cpus were released 15 years ago
XP (and thus dx9) have both been deprecated for a decade,

seriously bioware get your game together.

Look at my hardwar specs, my hw is under utilized atm.

|
|
v
Cyrix 166MHz - 128MB EDOram - Tseng Labs WD4000 1MB VRAM + 3DFx Voodoo 2 12MB 2x SLI - Quantum Bigfoot 6GB - Adlib Gold 8-bit soundcard with real OPL3 Synthesis.
--- 45~ FPS in Fleet/Warzones ---

Liquor
03.29.2015 , 11:23 AM | #2
Direct to Video for over acting

DarthVitrial
03.29.2015 , 04:13 PM | #3
DX 12 is probably #1 on the list of "things I want for this game but won't happen".
Pythirr Falton of the Harbinger.
Shadow of Revan Beta Tester
Become my Referral via this link
to get a Preferred Friends Bundle and 7 days added to your subscription (I will get Cartel Coins).
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I support blindly your salmon.

SplashNOR
03.29.2015 , 08:45 PM | #4
/signed

Not so much for the DX12, but for BW to migrate from 32-bit to 64-bit environment; means a lot more polygons and bigger texture maps. I'm not sure if they use bumpmaps, spec maps etc. But the reason I want to see more pologns used on characters are to add the "Age"-slider.

fidothegran
04.08.2015 , 12:03 PM | #5
Windows 10 and DX12 aren't even out yet, and the game engine can't handle anything higher than DX9.

Also, if the engine is upgraded, most modern engines have a built-in gore system, which would automatically bump the rating up to M, which Bioware doesn't want until 4.0

henriquecorseuil
04.08.2015 , 12:16 PM | #6
No words to say but only.........A G R E E D.

/Signed on.
Master Neykan (Jedi Sentinel) - "The White Jedi"
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

James_Mcturney
04.08.2015 , 07:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by fidothegran View Post
Windows 10 and DX12 aren't even out yet, and the game engine can't handle anything higher than DX9.

Also, if the engine is upgraded, most modern engines have a built-in gore system, which would automatically bump the rating up to M, which Bioware doesn't want until 4.0
Ahm, retexture it to transparent while reducing polygon count to minimum? While enabling parent codes/official mods for more mature content (subs only ofc) I'm no designer but... guess that's it.

Also /signed.

SteveTheCynic
04.09.2015 , 03:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by fidothegran View Post
More to the point, I'm pretty sure I saw something that said that DX12 will be Win10-only...

MaximusRex
04.09.2015 , 03:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Simple request. the first 64bit consumer cpus were released 15 years ago
XP (and thus dx9) have both been deprecated for a decade,

seriously bioware get your game together.

Look at my hardwar specs, my hw is under utilized atm.

|
|
v
While I support having a 64 bit client, OEMs are still installing 32 bit clients on their low end machines, and MMOs still tend to favor low end machines, which is why almost no MMOs offer 64 bit clients. DX12 will be Windows 10 only when it comes out, so while I'd also like to see DX12 support, unless the install base for Windows 10 gets very large very fast, there is likely minimal gain to be expected.

Orizuru
04.09.2015 , 07:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
While I support having a 64 bit client, OEMs are still installing 32 bit clients on their low end machines, and MMOs still tend to favor low end machines, which is why almost no MMOs offer 64 bit clients. DX12 will be Windows 10 only when it comes out, so while I'd also like to see DX12 support, unless the install base for Windows 10 gets very large very fast, there is likely minimal gain to be expected.
I agree, but I also would like to point out that if MS fully delivers on all of their promises about Windows 10, it is poised to finally overtake XP as the most widely used MS OS. I think that is a pretty big if though, and I still can't help but feel like MS has something up their sleeve on this free upgrade to Windows 10 deal they are going to offer.

As for a 64 bit client and updated DirectX support though, I think we have a better shot of getting a new Star Wars MMO, because I think that might be less work than trying to update the current game for these features.