Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Season 4 Reward Blog Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Season 4 Reward Blog Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlexModny
03.18.2015 , 10:12 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey all,

As you have noticed by the reward table in the reward blog there are a few changes we’ve made for Season 4. Our thought process for these changes is such that it should lead to a better player experience and we hope that we accomplished that. Please post your feedback and let us know what you think! Now let’s look at the specific changes for the Season 4 rewards!

* Black-Silver Color Crystal lockbox - The lockbox is setup like the color crystal lockbox from last season; two crystals each of the four (+41) stat types. The notable difference is that this lockbox is going to be a staple reward every season to give players a staple reward to go after season after season. However, one pitfall we saw last season was that players saw a low-hanging fruit reward and wanted it so bad that they were willing to jump into Ranked head first, sometimes without looking where they were jumping beforehand. That caused many frustrations in solo queue. To alleviate this, the Seasonal crystal lockbox will be given out to Tier 3 (Bronze) players in the group queue only.

* Minimum rating for Tier 3 (Bronze) - It is our thinking that this change will discourage players from coasting through their first 10 games to get a rating just to get their bronze rewards. The floor may change in the future but based on what we've seen this season and previous seasons it is a good start to give incentive to not coast through. If it doesn't fulfill the goals of providing incentive not to coast to rewards then we will adjust the ratings accordingly or enact other measures.

* Golds get everything Silvers get, Silvers get everything Bronze gets - Don't like the way the gold frame on your trophy clashes with your rug? The Bronze title flows with your name better? No worries in Season 4 (and onward unless feedback dictates otherwise) whatever tier you place in you will get the rewards of the previous tier. Huzzah!

* Advanced Class names are back for Top96! - We heard your feedback from Season 3, hope you like these ones!

We hope you enjoy the rewards and getting a little swashed and a little buckled to get them! Enjoy the rest of Season 4!

Happy Hunting and Cheers!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

DarthDymond
03.18.2015 , 11:05 AM | #2
Yarrr
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
* Black-Silver Color Crystal lockbox - The lockbox is setup like the color crystal lockbox from last season; two crystals each of the four (+41) stat types. The notable difference is that this lockbox is going to be a staple reward every season to give players a staple reward to go after season after season. However, one pitfall we saw last season was that players saw a low-hanging fruit reward and wanted it so bad that they were willing to jump into Ranked head first, sometimes without looking where they were jumping beforehand. That caused many frustrations in solo queue. To alleviate this, the Seasonal crystal lockbox will be given out to Tier 3 (Bronze) players in the group queue only.
This seems a little on the convoluted side, but I can't say I have any suggestions for a better way to reach those goals - if it ends up working out, then more power to you.

Season 5 going to have Pirate-themed armor? Or mixing it up?
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Jerba
03.18.2015 , 11:13 AM | #3
Hm, that's a little disappointing that on the lowest tier, solo players don't get the crystal rewards. I don't really see how I can get 1350 rating on my server with the players that are in queue, so I'll have to settle with the decoration and title.
As long as the rewards are tied to the highest rating in solo queue, they won't mean much and are skewed by when you queue and what players you get in your group.
I put a lof of work and credits into getting PvP gear and augmenting it to get to 1180 rating, and now seeing I could just as well have lost nearly all of the ten matches and get the same reward is disappointing.

By the way, next time please link to a larger version of the rewards table so it's easier to read.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Dalfurend
03.18.2015 , 11:16 AM | #4
Not gonna lie, was looking forward to an armor set. Didn't even have to be one per AC like last season, but with how many sets you have running in the cartel market, a ranked armor doesn't seem that difficult to add, even if it was a reskinned models with flashy lights.

Many disappoint
Zetsuma
<Lethal Dose Fifty>
Join me on Twitch, Youtube and Twitter for Juggernaut Gameplay

Warrgames
03.18.2015 , 11:16 AM | #5
Be nice if ranked wz would pop, so some of could get rewards.
"I don't like Tatooine, but I do like saying Tatooine." Theron Shan
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/fSvsyK Click for free stuff.
"Nonsense repeated doesn't make it truth." Arcaan

PavSalco
03.18.2015 , 11:16 AM | #6
Those black-silver crystals are so alluring.... black is inside the blade, right?

I would like to start playing pvp, but I only have old pvp set pre 3.0. What's better to start with? 186/192 pve or old pvp set?
Not a subscriber, just a referral
$15 for a monthly 1 hour single player ain't worth it

raidlegend
03.18.2015 , 11:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalfurend View Post
Not gonna lie, was looking forward to an armor set. Didn't even have to be one per AC like last season, but with how many sets you have running in the cartel market, a ranked armor doesn't seem that difficult to add, even if it was a reskinned models with flashy lights.

Many disappoint
Was really looking forward to a chest pc with a parrot on it...lol
Pt'too'stronk - Gøt'em
Jedi Covenant - Harbinger
For Hire

Fellow-Canadian
03.18.2015 , 11:20 AM | #8
Any chance we can get the dev's to spend time on balancing classes for PVP instead of spending months on awful rewards. Thanks.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

teclado
03.18.2015 , 11:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Hm, that's a little disappointing that on the lowest tier, solo players don't get the crystal rewards. I don't really see how I can get 1350 rating on my server with the players that are in queue, so I'll have to settle with the decoration and title.
As long as the rewards are tied to the highest rating in solo queue, they won't mean much and are skewed by when you queue and what players you get in your group.
I put a lof of work and credits into getting PvP gear and augmenting it to get to 1180 rating, and now seeing I could just as well have lost nearly all of the ten matches and get the same reward is disappointing.
There's always next season.

--deleted, nevermind--

Quote: Originally Posted by PavSalco View Post
I would like to start playing pvp, but I only have old pvp set pre 3.0. What's better to start with? 186/192 pve or old pvp set?
Neither. Go with 162 greens, 162/148/148 for MH and OH. Run some regs for about a week in that gear and then you will have a full set of exhumed. Next, augment your stuff and get some stims. Then and ONLY then will you be ready for ranked.

Alec_Fortescue
03.18.2015 , 11:25 AM | #10
stahp the tease, show us the crystal! :0

suggestion: 1625 is way too high considering how ridiculously broken, overpowered and common assassins are. totally ruining things. pops are difficult enough to find right now.

1500 would be more in-line for solo q gold.