Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly server maintenance EU times?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lekthl
12.27.2011 , 09:36 AM | #161
No wonder they close your threads you're all a bunch of cry babies ... and you're not polite about it either .... come on guys it's just a game get over it it's one day OH NO NOT ONE DAY! ... get over it .... don't like it find another game

Lamuse
12.27.2011 , 09:36 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
Yes. That's the service we pay for... minimum disruption.
What about the disruption of Rift, or WoW or EQ or any of the downtime they have for maint?

Last time I looked, WoW is down...oh gee, the same time that SWTOR is down as well, imagine that.

CovenantOfDeath
12.27.2011 , 09:37 AM | #163
/Signed

It's a Shame, this world has got 24 time zones not only one (or 3 ones). And we're paying the same membership fee than the american customers.
And Here I'm, on christmass holydays and with the servers down in the middle of my free of work day.

/clap
Keep doing this and you'll not care about EU customers anymore.

Kamenik
12.27.2011 , 09:37 AM | #164
yes very long maintenances and very bad time
you can not play practically all day

And 6 hours every weeks?

I hope that at least fix the most serious errors
graphic bugs in some locations is very bad.green and blue lines across screens.Fps is very low
constant errors and problems with the Companions (for example, lifts)
stack items in the vault. When inserting new things, one must manually all on stock.
For instance planet Taris with a very powerful systems running virtually unplayable due to graphical errors

and many many more what i see

Calljif
12.27.2011 , 09:37 AM | #165
I doubt it's as bad as you claim, if I can't play my Main or Main-Alt on my home server I won't bother playing.
And i've noticed a few comments from American players claiming that it's ridiculous the Europeans are so annoyed about it. It's barely ridiculous, we pay the same fees as you do except you get your maintenance time when the normal person is asleep (4am-10am I believe?) and we get ours when everyone is awake (10am-4pm). That's ridiculous, and definitely needs changing.

Papaki
12.27.2011 , 09:37 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by NoIdAvailable View Post
Well the estimated one. Cause with timezones i am not that great. I ll just w8 a bit more and we see
All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than six hours, but could be extended.

ChrisCollins
12.27.2011 , 09:37 AM | #167 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
While today is still classed as a holiday in many parts of Europe and many of you may still be off work or school, this downtime slot was chosen for a number of reasons.

Firstly, in the past, we've talked on a number of occasions about how we will run a global service. Many players raised concerns that patches/updates would land later in the EU than in the US. We stated that as we're running a global service, we'll do everything we can to make sure the updates go live in both regions as close together as possible. For this to be achievable, we need to run maintenance at the same time.

Secondly, although many of you are able to play at this time, this is actually one of the times in the day (and the week) when we have the lowest number of players in game. It's certainly far from peak. Given that many of you are still on holiday, today's maintenance may feel a bit more out of place than usual, but in the future, the number of users impacted will be even smaller.

Finally it's also worth noting that today's downtime was a little longer than usual and in the future, shouldn't be the case.

So hopefully that's gone some way in shedding a light on the reasons as to why we've chosen this slot.

freshfredde
12.27.2011 , 09:37 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightsyte View Post
If BioWare created separate maintenance times for EU and US, then they would be REQUIRED to make another change:

- NA and EU servers must be hard-locked to a regional client.

Because right now, EU players are free to play on NA servers whenever they want, and vice versa. So:

- EU Servers go down for maintenance. EU Players that want to keep playing, bum-rush the NA servers causing population imbalance and stability nightmare.

- US Servers go down for maintenance. US Players that want to keep playing, bum-rush the EU servers causing population imbalance and stability nightmare.
No. I disagree with you. A vast majority of people would be asleep during these times, and therefor there would be no rush.
Say hello to my little friend!

MinscShip
12.27.2011 , 09:37 AM | #169
If BioWare created separate maintenance times for EU and US, then they would be REQUIRED to make another change:

- NA and EU servers must be hard-locked to a regional client.

Because right now, EU players are free to play on NA servers whenever they want, and vice versa. So:

- EU Servers go down for maintenance. EU Players that want to keep playing, bum-rush the NA servers causing population imbalance and stability nightmare.

- US Servers go down for maintenance. US Players that want to keep playing, bum-rush the EU servers causing population imbalance and stability nightmare.
and Also we was asked back in 2008, if want to be able to play on what ever server we wanted, so they need to do this make that happen.

Damacy
12.27.2011 , 09:37 AM | #170
If you don't have something better to do on Christmas break than play SWTOR - then you need to get your priorities in order.
Said the guy who was buy bashing other users on an SWTOR forum...