Should Bioware continue to make giant droids?

Couldn't figure out how to make a poll. Don't know if you still can.

I just read the news from James Ohlen about what is to come in the first major patch, and I thought I'd raise the question once again. Simply put, should Bioware continue to make bosses of Operations a giant droid? Would it otherwise even be logical to just have a really tough (Jedi/Sith/ranged based/etc) that can withstand a fight with 8 others for 15-30 minutes?

What kind of Bosses would you like to see Bioware put into Operations in the future?

Not sure about the giant boss thing, it always looks weird having a guy "tanking" a giant robot by hitting him on the feet. Doesn't feel very heroic. I'd rather see fights where you have multiple enemies (or normal size). Edited by NasherUK

Wen doo I get ta fite Darf Vadder?

j/k

I'm fine with fighting bots for a while. It's gonna be a minute before the current stuff gets old anyway, most guilds may have only a couple 50s at best and they had early access and lots of /played already...i.e. - basement dwellers. :p

Not sure about the giant boss thing, it always looks weird having a guy "tanking" a giant robot by hitting him on the feet. Doesn't feel very heroic. I'd rather see fights where you have multiple enemies (or normal size).

Yea I'd like to see that eventually. The amount of possible tanks we have seems like we could handle several bosses at once easier than games like WoW where you usually only see 2 tanks.

I was thinking about this as well when I saw the new boss was a bot. I am looking forward to a group battle (think ToC) or if they could balance it somehow a "wave after wave" type boss where you were taking on a whole army (think the arena scene form Clone Wars).

I prefer the "normal size" bosses as well, I have never been a fan of attacking a bosses...."talon" lets say. Pretty lame imo.

agreed, tanking a target's foot is pretty lame.

LotRO developed a neat fight against a giant target based on that... the new Dragoch raid involves attacking a massive dragon, and you do still have to attack the feet, but the tank has to be on an entirely different level than the rest of the raid, tanking the dragon's head. Once you finish off the feet, the dragon loses his footing and falls down, allowing you to attack his body. Much more realistic than most of the "talon tanking" fights of the past, while still having the same basic effect.

To be fair, a "real jedi" would be an insanely difficult target. Force abilities in the game tend to be very weak by comparison to what we expect from the movies. A Jedi should, for instance, be able to sense the attacks of his enemies, deflecting blaster bolts, parrying weapon attacks, and so on. In effect, it should be impossible to hit him. All the while, he can also be throwing objects around, which can do pretty massive damage.

But since half of our players are also force users, the theory is that these users simply counteract the effects (e.g. Obi-Wan & Anakin's fight in 3, when they try to use the force against each other and find the effects cancel out).

What we could do instead is have a "master jedi" overseeing a fight with several knights. The knights are keeping us busy while the master is throwing objects around. Maybe there's a mechanic as well where you have to throw an object back at the master to hit him, but can only do so after he throws one at you and misses.