Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in Anaheim, California!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in Anaheim, California!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MasterYulo
03.11.2015 , 10:46 PM | #21
Thanks!
"Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted." - Hassan-I Sabbah
"There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force." - The Jedi Code

Aries_cz
03.12.2015 , 01:12 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Why don't you put the wasted money that goes to these events into the game and bug fixes? These things are a complete waste of time. Have you seen the people attending these? Not giving gamers a good image. Have some freakin' pride in yourself and look in the mirror for christ sake. Get off the chair and exercise. You are an embarrassment to gaming.
A) Budget allocation most likely does not work this way. They have set PR budget from EA's beancounters, and that money has to stay in PR, and ideally be used, otherwise, they will get less money next time (and no, that money will most likely not go to development, they will just get less money overall)

B) From what I have seen, that was ONE time. Before that, these event were pretty normal filled with normal people who are passionate about the game.
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Banthabreeder
03.12.2015 , 01:23 AM | #23
How many people actually attend these Cantina Tour events? 10? 50? 100? More?
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Aries_cz
03.12.2015 , 02:39 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
How many people actually attend these Cantina Tour events? 10? 50? 100? More?
Differs on each one I guess, I would say that something between 50-100

wccoyote
03.12.2015 , 04:03 AM | #25
Well Anaheim is not my Frontdoor, is there anyone who can give me an answer if this tour is also coming to Europe for example? seeing this tour in Amsterdam would be nice. i hope there is someone from the organizing committee who can give me an answer

Willem

Aries_cz
03.12.2015 , 04:16 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by wccoyote View Post
Well Anaheim is not my Frontdoor, is there anyone who can give me an answer if this tour is also coming to Europe for example? seeing this tour in Amsterdam would be nice. i hope there is someone from the organizing committee who can give me an answer

Willem
In Europe, they usually have it at GamesCom in Cologne, Germany (not the main area, but a hotel lounge nearby). It is usually on Friday, so this year, it should be on 7th of August (GamesCom is 5th-9th).

EricMusco
03.12.2015 , 09:36 AM | #27 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhesus_TOR View Post
Please offer these for sell on the cartel market at some point. There are only hundreds of thousands of player who will never have the time, opportunity, convenience of location, or means to visit a cantina tour event.
First, we have no plans to introduce any of our Cantina exclusive items to the Cartel Market. That being said, as part of our ongoing improvements to Cantina's, our new mounts are going to work completely different than how our pets have in the past.

Without going into detail yet, even if you don't go to an event there are definite ways to get the mounts! We will be talking details on this when we do our next livestream which we should be announcing the date for soon.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

OretFallon
03.12.2015 , 10:12 AM | #28
seeing i probably will never be able to make one of these events due to my location, what actually goes on at them? are they like any of the mirad of conventions I have heard of? are there special prizes you can win for in game?

Rhesus_TOR
03.12.2015 , 10:58 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
First, we have no plans to introduce any of our Cantina exclusive items to the Cartel Market. That being said, as part of our ongoing improvements to Cantina's, our new mounts are going to work completely different than how our pets have in the past.

Without going into detail yet, even if you don't go to an event there are definite ways to get the mounts! We will be talking details on this when we do our next livestream which we should be announcing the date for soon.

-eric
Thanks for the response. I sincerely hope you're going to offer a means to obtain these mounts that's considerate of the entirety of your players as opposed to those just geographically convenient to the five or so places you visit every year.

EricMusco
03.12.2015 , 11:18 AM | #30 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhesus_TOR View Post
Thanks for the response. I sincerely hope you're going to offer a means to obtain these mounts that's considerate of the entirety of your players as opposed to those just geographically convenient to the five or so places you visit every year.
It is 100% around those players who cannot attend the Cantina and it is not at all based on geography or anything like that

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]