Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EU Maintenance Time Campaign

E_c_c_e
12.27.2011 , 09:18 AM | #501
/signed

absolutely weird that Europeans get the downtime during the day when a lot of people would actually like to play
I can resist anything but temptation - Oscar Wilde

AshisBrin
12.27.2011 , 09:18 AM | #502
I am sorry for you EU guys, but let me point out something here. When WOW first started, there were no separate maintenance windows for EU and US servers. Tuesdays were the set day to do maintenance and it was ALWAYS on during the day here in US for THE WHOLE DAY! Now, US EU servers are separate, but the play on EU servers, you have to have a EU version of the game (Unless that changed) and Vice versa. This is the first week for the game and when people are saying that you are paying for the the game, you really are paying to be allowed to play on the servers. You do not own the game, as in the actual game itself.

Now if Bioware/EA did this at peak US time, I wonder how many of you EU players would sign the petition from us? It is always amazing to me that people rant and rage over a game that will be back online later in the day. I know someone who scheduled a week off work for the early access and was pissed when he did not get in the first day.

Again I am sorry that EU players are suffering, but to compare this game to WOW as it is now, is stupid and if you want a comparison, compare the game to WOW when the game was first released or when the server crashed because they rushed a patch out or when the server crashed because they skipped a maintenance window because players were complaining. There will always be someone somewhere affected by this and I am sorry, but you can not please all the people all the time.

freshfredde
12.27.2011 , 09:18 AM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by -Aren- View Post
I agree 100 % I'm from Denmark, I had the day off to play (bought the game yesterday, downloaded all night) and then what. After 30 min in game (prime time) the servers go down for 6 hours, and the official forums too.

Not good enough EA..
My story EXACTLY.

/Signed!
Say hello to my little friend!

Neptunius
12.27.2011 , 09:18 AM | #504
Sure.

But, remember people, EA & BW dont take negative feedback kindly.

Hell, by doing this reply can even give a Ban.

Keep that in mind next time if you cannot login to swtor game.

Geeluc
12.27.2011 , 09:18 AM | #505
So far, us EU players have had two days we cannot play, out of seven. OK, so it's not 'days' but six hour slots.

12 hours a week down time = about 26 days.

Does that mean all EU players can have one months free sub a year?
Putting the smug into Smuggler

iRoddy
12.27.2011 , 09:18 AM | #506
/signed.

I'm paying EU currency. So I'd like to get an EU service.

Averran
12.27.2011 , 09:19 AM | #507
Hello Everyone,

We value your thoughts and feedback regarding Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and recognize that a lot of players want to discuss how patch times are effecting their region. We ask that you join the discussion that is already in progress in this thread so everyone can participate in the same ongoing conversation and we can keep the forums tidy.

We will now be closing this thread, but feel free to carry on in the linked discussion. Thanks!