Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operation Victory Tournament - *Cancelled*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Operation Victory Tournament - *Cancelled*
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kryand
02.26.2015 , 02:08 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Well, there's no reason to believe there won't be more in the future. It doesn't exactly hurt BW to partner with ESL. But either way, my point remains. Regardless of whether we'll have more tournaments in the future, this one is still their first attempt, there haven't been any in the past, so again it's understandable that they don't handle it perfectly.
Uh no it's not. "Perfect" is an exaggeration, but if there are things that most people realized instantly upon hearing of this tournament as common sense, you're damn right we can expect the organizers to have though of it already.
entering swtor afterlife aka other games aka heaven

idnewton
02.26.2015 , 02:34 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryand View Post
Uh no it's not. "Perfect" is an exaggeration, but if there are things that most people realized instantly upon hearing of this tournament as common sense, you're damn right we can expect the organizers to have though of it already.
My point is, everyone involved in making this tournament happen is human, and humans make mistakes, a lot. You'd be surprised how different the game looks from the Developer end. I'm sure many of the Developers play the game on a regular basis, but I'm sure others don't. You see things a lot differently on the Developer end and unless you're actively playing the game, you'll miss things which players find obvious.

Again, I'm not saying they didn't make a mistake, I just think you should cut them some slack, seeing as this is their first attempt.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

KShafe
02.27.2015 , 02:33 PM | #153
awesome thing! I think it's great that you are doing something like this. im curious to see where it goes...

side note; Ignore the idiots that only want to look for the negatives in this as opposed to looking at the positive of an event like this and what it could mean for future events.

I really hope this turns out to be a fun event!
StarStyder - Combat Sentinel

Jerba
02.27.2015 , 03:54 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I know many of you will be showcasing your practice, and real runs, on Twitch. I will make a separate thread closer to contest where you can post your twitch channels along with dates/times!
Any update on this? We've already had our practice run today, so we won't be able to showcase it in a separate thread.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

TrikoKenree
02.28.2015 , 05:13 AM | #155
Like someone mentioned it earlier, some guilds/players are invited into closed PTS, how is that fair to the rest of the players? these players are fully geared almost in first week of release new stuff. They know tactics before is on Dulfy, bugs ect. how can you compare any other guild run to these? pointless to even try

myragoeshappy
02.28.2015 , 08:36 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by TrikoKenree View Post
some guilds/players are invited into closed PTS, how is that fair to the rest of the players? these players are fully geared almost in first week of release new stuff.
There are other guilds wich weren't on the pts and are nearly full 198

They know tactics before is on Dulfy, bugs ect. how can you compare any other guild run to these? pointless to even try
They know the tactics bc. they made them by own. Dulfy just put the tactics into his guide wich they used for their kills.
Vierge Anonym Ronbll
on T3-M4

Dractonis
03.02.2015 , 05:54 AM | #157
Is there an update on the rules anywhere that I've missed, I only see two BW posts in this thread? We want to practice but it's hard to put our group together when we don't know the rules such as only taking one healer, tank in DPS gear, full stealthers etc.
Djokovic - Marauder
My Youtube Playlists
Imperium Guild

Ardarell_Solo
03.02.2015 , 08:10 AM | #158
Like someone mentioned it earlier, some guilds/players are invited into closed PTS, how is that fair to the rest of the players? these players are fully geared almost in first week of release new stuff. They know tactics before is on Dulfy, bugs ect. how can you compare any other guild run to these? pointless to even try
Closed PTS doesn't have the final boss layouts, since they are changed a lot more frequently than on live. So a lot of tactics that may have worked on PTS do not work on live. In that case you even have a disadvantage, because you already got used to something "wrong" that you need to abandon before developing new tactics. Closed PTS is not the practicing ground for progression guilds like the open PTS for Dread OPs NiM was, though that's what a lot of people on the forum claim - mostly those who weren't there. Closed PTS is actually for working on the content/making the content work and assisting Devs doing that.
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4
"First Sentinel to break 4.000" - RIP Dotsmash

EricMusco
03.02.2015 , 03:14 PM | #159 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I will cut right to the chase, we are cancelling our ESL Operation Victory competition. Our reason revolves around the Coratanni encounter. I know many of you raised concerns about the issues related to the encounter, and we agree.

We spent a lot of time this week testing bug fixes to see how viable the fixed version would be in a speed running environment. We have applied improvements to the Coratanni encounter as of tomorrow’s patch but there are still situations that could impact players focused on a timed run.

We thank you for your feedback around the contest and should we decide to do something like this in the future, we will let you know. Also, let us know your feedback on the concept of doing a speedrun contest. As we explore options like this in the future it would be great to know your thoughts.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Joesixxpack
03.02.2015 , 03:18 PM | #160
Let's do a pvp tourny next so bolster can get a review/update too.