Companion No Longer Meets Gear Requirements?

Rankyn

I sent Nadia out on a crew mission of some sort and when she came back, I noticed a small flashing red icon over her portrait.

When I mouse over it, I see a list of gear she's apparently no longer qualified to wear.

BUT, nothing has changed... My level hasn't gone down, the gear she's wearing is Legacy bound, and being Nadia is one of the specific requirements for wearing the gear, and she's been wearing it for a couple of weeks with no problem.

http://i.imgur.com/FTb50Kx.jpg

Has anyone else ever seen this before?

You disconnected and when you re-connected your legacy did not load. Re-load your UI by hitting Ctrl+U+U and it will work.
Nope, that wasn't it.

I never lost connection.

It simply appeared there after Nadia returned from a crew mission.

A UI reset may have fixed it but I wasn't really bothered with it... it was more of a curiosity than anything because I fully expected it to be gone the next time I logged back in anyway.

And it was.

Still, something triggered it and it'd be interesting to find out what it was.

Edited by Rankyn

Looks like the symbol for broken gear. Is it possible she just needs repairs?

Highly unlikely, since the tooltip says "No longer meets requirements". Usually, this should never happen but there are a few occasions where it happens:

• Remember the dev stream where he entered a command so his character leveled from 60 to lvl 10? You saw the same error because the character was wearing level 60 gear and was not allowed to wear it at level 10.
  • A friend of mine once had the same red icon when Customer Service fixed an item he was wearing. He got the same message and had to unequip and equip it again to make the red symbol disappear.
  • And like mbfhl wrote, it also happens during a disconnect if it is a legacy item. For example, my mainhand blaster is a legacy weapon, so everytime I have a disconnect, it shows the red symbol and I need to Ctrl+U to fix it.

If the gear was broken, it would show 0% durability in the tooltip, not "No longer meets requirements."

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this bug, Rankyn. My Smuggler companions have been wearing the legacy gear from Yavin for a while now and I never had any issue with it.

Did you try unequipping and equipping it back? Otherwise, just delete that gear and run the Yavin dailies again. There were some bugged companion items that have since been fixed, maybe you still have a bugged item that triggers this bug.

Edited by Jerba

Did you try unequipping and equipping it back? Otherwise, just delete that gear and run the Yavin dailies again. There were some bugged companion items that have since been fixed, maybe you still have a bugged item that triggers this bug.
I'll try the un/re equip next time it happens.

The gear isn't broken and I stay on top of repairs anyway.

Most days, it's just fine and everything works with no problems.

And then one day, this will happen.

Granted, I primarily play this character so I haven't really noticed it on any others, but I've been doing a lot of crew skill grinding with a bunch of them lately and it only seems to happen on this particular character.

• 10 months later...

Had the same thing on Corso, was due to having a rifle equipped. changed it out for pistol and he was good to go after a log out and in.

Didn't Risha have a similar change? Dunno about Nadia.

Edited by Roalmo

Same happened to me with Zenith on Tatooine stronghold - he is wearing Mandalore the Preserver set. I tried to dismiss and re-summon him in my Coruscant sh and the broken equipment disappeared, but poor Zenith was in..underwears and his armor was nowhere to be found. Same goes for Talos Drellik .

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...