Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

GrandLordMenace's Avatar


GrandLordMenace
02.20.2015 , 06:49 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by veSev View Post
Lol, come on now I know you're a bit more geared than I am. But tbh, that parse of mine is truly a god-crit parse.
#jelly.

All I have that's revanite is a relic xD
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

darth_psychose's Avatar


darth_psychose
02.21.2015 , 09:45 AM | #212
actually geared 2x198 implants / deceiver ear / 1relic revanite
head & boots 198
legs and OH dist 198 (armoring)
2 enhancement 198

around 2030 force bonus dmg
26.01% melee crit
70.4 surge
99.97 accuracy
1 enhancement alacrity (1.40-50 if i'm right)
Kala - <Rash> - Discord : Kala#9344

drummerinthesun's Avatar


drummerinthesun
02.21.2015 , 11:22 AM | #213
Welp, I'm finally in a raid group as a jugg dps and got my 198 offhand. Still haven't done much of the HM content, but I've got all the 198 enhancements I need and did a parse with the new OH.

http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk...er/view/6920/0

Parsec said it was 4713, but I think with a 198 MH, we can easily do 5k with some lucky crits. One of my last Ravage ticks didn't go off, either, which is kind of frustrating.
Darkness Assassin - Cai'us, The Shadowlands
Vengeance Juggernaut- Ca'ius, The Shadowlands
Pandamonium

lmSlash's Avatar


lmSlash
02.23.2015 , 09:27 PM | #214
I've read numerous guides saying that the old 186 Weaponmaster 2-piece ( +8% to Master Strike/Ravage) yields the best DPS...is this true only in the instance of parsing? (or any instance, for that matter) or is the 6-piece superior in every way?
Packs
Begeren Colony | The Harbinger
[ Insert pointless 5.0 Ops clears here in attempt to ravishingly display e-peen ]
~Make SWTOR Great Again ~ (something something elitism.)

veSev's Avatar


veSev
02.24.2015 , 12:03 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by lmSlash View Post
I've read numerous guides saying that the old 186 Weaponmaster 2-piece ( +8% to Master Strike/Ravage) yields the best DPS...is this true only in the instance of parsing? (or any instance, for that matter) or is the 6-piece superior in every way?
I've played with both quite a bit in parsing and I personally feel my numbers are better with the current 6-piece. The same is true for me in raids. With the current boss designs, it is truly difficult to have 100% up-time to your Ravage/MS, so that is removing the benefit of the old set bonus if you're not continuously getting all three hits of Ravage/MS off.

Also, I have updated the OP to remove the guide and transition it to a Google Doc. The time to edit via the forums was truly annoying, so this will make things way easier allowing for faster updates. I also added in a video section for operation kills. If you have any submissions, please send me the links so I can add them in.

Torvai's Avatar


Torvai
02.26.2015 , 04:10 AM | #216
A bit offtopic, but dumb question: did saberward EVER do something different than it does today(50%defense, 25%f/t dr)?
Cause some ******* on the german forum claimed it hat 100% dr pre 2.0....

veSev's Avatar


veSev
02.26.2015 , 04:30 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
A bit offtopic, but dumb question: did saberward EVER do something different than it does today(50%defense, 25%f/t dr)?
Cause some ******* on the german forum claimed it hat 100% dr pre 2.0....
Actually, this was possible pre 2.0 when our threat drop of the time, Focused Defense, worked far differently. If you combined Saber Ward, Warding Call, and Focused Defense (which was way different than how we see it today), than you could achieve roughly 100% DR for I believe 10 seconds. However, this was a hybrid build. Back when you could swap specs in a Warzone, I remember having a team of 2-3 Guardians who did this with having Unremitting available. It was insane.

Edit: Here is a link to thread from 2012 that has the build I am talking about: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=412393

Torvai's Avatar


Torvai
02.26.2015 , 05:15 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by veSev View Post
Actually, this was possible pre 2.0 when our threat drop of the time, Focused Defense, worked far differently. If you combined Saber Ward, Warding Call, and Focused Defense (which was way different than how we see it today), than you could achieve roughly 100% DR for I believe 10 seconds. However, this was a hybrid build. Back when you could swap specs in a Warzone, I remember having a team of 2-3 Guardians who did this with having Unremitting available. It was insane.

Edit: Here is a link to thread from 2012 that has the build I am talking about: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=412393
Thanks. But I mean only Saber Ward. That you achieve insane amounts of defensives by popping every cooldown at the same time should be clear^^

veSev's Avatar


veSev
02.26.2015 , 05:25 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Thanks. But I mean only Saber Ward. That you achieve insane amounts of defensives by popping every cooldown at the same time should be clear^^
Yeah, I dont believe Saber Ward was involved in increasing DR. I could be wrong, but my guess is whoever said that is thinking of the passive "Blade Tuning" for tanks. It increases Defense to 100% for the first 2 seconds of Saber Ward. If popped correctly, you can taking zero damage, but it is all dependent on the type of damage incoming.

FSavop's Avatar


FSavop
02.28.2015 , 11:36 AM | #220
I am currently at 24.10% crit(~250), 68.5% surge (~330) and 110.20% accuracy (779) in mostly 192 token gear.

Would it be wise for me to drop an accuracy enhancement and power augment and add an alacrity or surge enhancement and accuracy augment?

This would put me at ~109.62 accuracy (720); and give me a little bit of alacrity (I have 0 now) or bring my surge up to around ~70%.

Basically i'm asking if its okay to be ~20 points over the accuracy requirement and leave everything as is or should I go a little lower and add in alacrity or surge?