Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A plea to the devs for a better community

DragoVaughn
12.27.2011 , 12:02 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mograth View Post
Loot lock is a good option for this kind of scenario, I agree. SWTOR already favors a lot smaller guilds due to 8 player limits, so this would be the next logical step =)

At some of the other people here: ***, did you even read what he said?
Thank you, apparently people can't read, like the one above you, I'm NOT saying let people get loot every time you run it!

Macheath
12.27.2011 , 01:41 AM | #12
Loot lock would be far preferable to door lock. It stops all the same problems, while helping with the issue the OP is experiencing.

Often, guilds only have a couple of members who are designated as "raid coordinators." These people need to be able to go on all raids, or every second/third raid, for the guild. If all of them can only go on 1 raid per week, that means only 16/24 members of your group can raid in a week? Or your guild starts to break up into smaller cliques of 8/16 players, which essentially start to operate independently from each other because they all have their own schedules built around the week-long lockouts.

BioWare should have evaluated their own system, and actually attempted to factor in their smaller raid sizes, instead of just copying WoW. But then, there's a lot of things BioWare should have done instead of just copying WoW.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

eopyu
12.27.2011 , 09:01 AM | #13
1. It's only the first week after launch, wait for people to catch up.

2. Raid without a lockout becomes a job, and it'll burn people out quicker.

3. Not everyone is a hardcore raider.

4. loot lockout is even worse since people raid for loot, I rather get door lock than do stuff without any reward.

5. "loot" is the top incentive for the endgame, what if everyone gets geared out on the first month, and then what.

5. Raid lockout makes u hungry for more raid next week.

6. leading a raid is not the only way to help guildies out, help them gear out for raid while waiting for raid lock out. Do pvp hard flash or something.

I favor raid lockout

LogicalPremise
12.27.2011 , 09:18 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
BioWare should have evaluated their own system, and actually attempted to factor in their smaller raid sizes, instead of just copying WoW. But then, there's a lot of things BioWare should have done instead of just copying WoW.

-Macheath.
Agree with what you wrote.

I think BW copies a lot of WoW stuff because it works. Not well in many cases, but it does work. Too many MMO's (STO, Warhammer, RIFT) have tried gimmicky solutions to the problem that only cause more issues or fix some to exacerbate others.

I think as time goes on, however, the sheer rage of those affected by what the OP is talking about will necessitate them relooking at this.
Majynn - 55 Sith Sorcerer - The Society
Garadan- 53 Sith Juggernaught - VTSU
HARBINGER

Apochunter
12.27.2011 , 09:26 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by eopyu View Post
1. It's only the first week after launch, wait for people to catch up.

2. Raid without a lockout becomes a job, and it'll burn people out quicker.

3. Not everyone is a hardcore raider.

4. loot lockout is even worse since people raid for loot, I rather get door lock than do stuff without any reward.

5. "loot" is the top incentive for the endgame, what if everyone gets geared out on the first month, and then what.

5. Raid lockout makes u hungry for more raid next week.

6. leading a raid is not the only way to help guildies out, help them gear out for raid while waiting for raid lock out. Do pvp hard flash or something.

I favor raid lockout
This.
Crazy?! I was crazy once, they had me sit in a room with rubber walls and made me wear a jacket. I had to stay in there all day, it drove me crazy....Crazy?! I was crazy once!....

Quellian
12.27.2011 , 09:57 AM | #16
Having a loot lockout only is very susceptible to abuse. Top guilds would be farming it constantly to gear their alts, and it would diminish raid attendance due to people having more opportunities to get in. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Love,
Quell <3

Belimai
12.27.2011 , 10:00 AM | #17
I'm with OP. Am I the only one that likes to raid just for fun? =/ I don't need loot to enjoy the content.
I WALK IN THE SHADOW OF HEAVENS LIGHT
HOOD UP
HEAD DOWN

ScareCrowdjinn
12.27.2011 , 01:08 PM | #18
I'd much rather see loot lockouts instead of raid lockouts. That was one my biggest complaints with WoW.

Nothing is worst then getting in a bad pug that manages to kill one boss. The rest of the week is now shot because all the other pugs are looking to start at boss #1.
Or... being that one extra guild member who is asked to be on stand by all week because you have too many people signed up for this week's raid

Can the loot lockout be abused a little with alt runs? yes, But I'd rather see that then get locked out from raiding for an entire week of raiding.

and YES, I do raid with my guild for fun. I enjoying the killing of hard stuff vs loot.

ScareCrowdjinn
12.27.2011 , 01:19 PM | #19
I'd much rather see loot lockouts instead of raid lockouts. That was one my biggest complaints with WoW.

Nothing is worst then getting in a bad pug that manages to kill one boss. The rest of the week is now shot because all the other pugs are looking to start at boss #1.
Or... being that one extra guild member who is asked to be on stand by all week because you have too many people signed up for this week's raid

Can the loot lockout be abused a little with alt runs? yes, But I'd rather see that then get locked out from raiding for an entire week of raiding.

and YES, I do raid with my guild for fun. I enjoying the killing of hard stuff vs loot.

pendulem
12.27.2011 , 04:43 PM | #20
Its not a matter of it being possible to abuse the loot lock feature, its inherent. Lets take your example of 12 guild members and 8 get to run. Lets say there are 4 loot drops that get to be dispersed between the 8. You have a 1:2 drop ratio. Now you run the 2nd time with 4 from teh original raid that are loot locked and the 4 that are not. You now have 4 loot drops and 4 eligible to get loot. You now have a 1:1 drop ratio for those 4. It creates too much of an imbalance.