Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

BobFredJohn
02.14.2015 , 08:15 AM | #5871
Met someone just now who has really got under my skin....

I get a gf pop for SM lost island with my vang tank. Theres a scoundrel healer, slinger dps and shadow dps.

We zone in, I ask everybody if they know the mission. The healer says yes, the other 2 don't answer (which as always, I take as a yes).

We get started and start to skip all the animals up to the first boss, where possible. However the shadow wants to "get exp" so starts fights on everything, luckily due to his poor dps I manage to rip aggro quick without needing to taunt (I love vang tank spec stock-strike).

We get to the first boss. I ask "all know it?". The healer says yes, both dps dont answer. I pull, both dps die in the multitude of circles that boss drops and me and this healer end up 2-manning it, at which point it becomes apparent this healer is really really good.

We res the 2 dps and the shadow rants at the healer. I suggest he follows fight mechanics and set off. Shadow likes to pull ahead of me, I ask him about it, he tells me he wants to pick up the pace, so I do. Now the slinger and shadow both complain about resource management (I have never struggled with resource on my sniper regardless of pace, but w/e).

Get to the second boss, the droid. I ask if everybody knows it. Healer says yes, both dps stay quiet. I pull, shadow pops the sticky aoe under the boss, while the slinger fills the rest of the room with his. This results in a lot of damage due to very limited safe spots from those lightning dome things. Adds turn up, I go get aggro, write adds in chat but no dps comes to get them so I end up dpsing adds while hitting the boss afew times to keep aggro. The healer finally runs out of resource and we wipe.

I ask again if anybody is new here and doesn't know the fights. I get no response. I pull second boss again wipe again, and a third and fourth time. I ask the dps again if they know the fight. The shadow rants about how crap the healer is (clearly if there are aoe's filling the entire room, the tank is surrounded by a hoarde of adds and the dps are tunnel-visioning the boss then not keeping everyone topped up is because of a special-needs healer).

I decide to explain the fight to the nth degree, interrupted a multitude of times by comments from the shadow such as "lmao dumb tank thinks hes pro" and "I know all this lets just fight". We pull, the shadow carries on making the same mistakes but at least the slinger listened. We leave the shadow dead on the floor so he cant fill the room with aoe while the 3 of us kill the boss, then res the shadow. He complains again about the poor healing.

We carry on, the dps don't interrupt any terminate shots despite my instruction. Get to sav-rak. I ask the dps if they want this one explained. The shadow tells me to "shut up and pull" which I do. Both dps go over the edge on the first smash/stamp or w/e. We wipe. Second go is the same again. I start explaining the fight again, which annoys the shadow as he continues to state that he already knows it. After I finish explaining I ask if everybody understands, the shadow then runs in and pulls, then gets knocked off on the first stamp, we wipe as 3 people doing the pipes thing doesn't work too well.

The shadow starts complaining that he is having to carry us noobs and we are costing him a repair bill. I suggest that he listen to the fight mechanics as he is clearly new. He goes on a tirade about how pro he is and we would be stuck without him. I inspect his achievements, see that he is new (do the same with the slinger out of interest, hes new too). I vote kick the shadow then explain to the slinger how stating that they are new at the start of the mission can save alot of time and repair bills. He apologiese for not doing so, saying he was worried he would be kicked for being noob. I point out the opposite, I only kick new players if they dont say they are new and end up causing issues, using the shadow as an example to get my point across.

We get a new dps and complete.

Now I don't have an issue with noobs, what annoyed me about this guy was:
  1. didn't say he was new when asked at the start
  2. didnt say he was new when asked by the first boss
  3. blamed other people for the fact that he died on the first boss due to being new, despite not saying anything
  4. didnt say he was new when asked at the second boss, causing multiple wipes, while blaming the healer
  5. has a go at me for explaining the boss, claming he already knows
  6. doesn't use interrupts which are helpful with the terminate enemies
  7. didn't say he was new when we get to third boss, despite being asked, causing wipes
  8. refuses to listen to instructions for third boss, causing wipe
  9. completely flips and tells the entire group he is holding us together
  10. continues his claims of knowledge even after I point out his achievements state otherwise

Still at least 1 good thing came out of this. I think the slinger now understands that when people ask "are you new?" they aren't looking for an excuse to kick you, but are trying to avoid ending up with a story like this, along with an unnecessary repair bill.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

BlueShiftRecall
02.14.2015 , 07:27 PM | #5872
These are a few short stories of horrible KDY runs from this 2xp weekend so far. They’re short and sweet and all from Imp side as those are the characters I’m currently trying to speed level.

1. A low level Jugg DPS who NEVER heals between mob fights and will jump to the next one on 20% health and then will try to run away when he gets at about 5%. Proceeds to blame us every time he dies (and that’s a lot).
2. A level 30-ish Jugg Tank who seems to think that tanking means to run into a room grab EVERY single mob and then leave us DPS to clean up whilst he runs to the next room/mob pulling as many as possible as fast as possible and then gets shirty when we all die.
3. A 20 something sith tank assassin says he won’t tank and will just DPS with us other 3 DPS. He doesn’t change to DPS stance. I decide to take lead and initiate the attacks because everyone else is just standing around waiting for someone to. Not long in the Tank gets shirty at me for pulling before him even though he said at the very beginning he didn’t want to tank. I say fine and we get to the next mob and I wait but the tank does nothing I ask him what he's doing and get a reply along the lines of, “OMG I said I’m not tank DUH!!” SO he wants me to pull but then he tanks after that? I still don't know.
4. This isn’t just once but something I have seen very VERY often. Sniper’s who stand in one position and DON’T move, ok sure fine it’s only KDY but when they stand right next to the health stations in boss fights and yet REFUSE to click them at all it really annoys me.
5. One Koris run with 3 DPS and 1 healer. The healer had been only ever DPS’ing so far which was fine as we never got into much issue. On this boss fight he says I will heal and we agree. The healer than proceeds to “heal” us by just clicking the healing stations and nothing else! He will run from one side of the room to the other clicking the station whenever they are ready if we need them or not and when neither are clickable won’t heal us at all.
6. One run I had a sith sorcerer who I can only assume was trolling as she would just randomly RP in the chat (I’m on Harbringer BTW) between mob fights by saying really weird stuff like “charactername dances seductively in front of x” or "charactername twerks at x" and would continue to do stuff like that to us other 3 DPS the entire FP.

Pietrastor
02.14.2015 , 09:05 PM | #5873
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
We zone in, I ask everybody if they know the mission. The healer says yes, the other 2 don't answer (which as always, I take as a yes).
First mistake :P

thewitchdoctor
02.15.2015 , 05:21 AM | #5874
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
First mistake :P
Nope. Silence is consent in this regard.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.

BobFredJohn
02.15.2015 , 07:42 AM | #5875
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
Nope. Silence is consent in this regard.
I think he was joking. Though his comment has some grounding in the fact that even though silence should be consent in these situations, it rarely is.

So making the assumption that silence = yes, though a sensible assumption to make, is often incorrect.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

Thompsons
02.15.2015 , 03:28 PM | #5876
Quote: Originally Posted by LydMekk View Post
Double xp has its downfalls...
Wise words.

josephinec
02.15.2015 , 04:50 PM | #5877
Did a run through Hammer Station with my Guardian. She badly needed new armor, but I was grouped in an area with no vendors, so that didn't help her initial performance. We had a Sage healer, level 23. I started my taunting the two big droids in the hallway at the start and let the DPS do their thing. Health gets below 30%, no healing. I die, everyone else dies. We respawn, and the healer sneaks around the smaller droids and begins attacking them. So when the smaller ones start fighting back, so do the two elite droids. We all die again, and the other Sage asks the theoretical healer "what the **** are you doing?!" No response, so he's either f2p or ignoring us. We respawn, go into the hallway, and the healer does the same thing. Finally the other Sage initiates a kick. Reason: "dumb ****".

Hey, at least I can admit that I'm just faking it through the game 90% of the time.
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

Darkelefantos
02.15.2015 , 05:01 PM | #5878
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueShiftRecall View Post
These are a few short stories of horrible KDY runs from this 2xp weekend so far. They’re short and sweet and all from Imp side as those are the characters I’m currently trying to speed level.
As a guildmate of mine once said, people in Tactical FPs use basic abilities and claim it's a rotation. Just today my lvl 16 Merc out-dpsed a level 40 Marauder in KDY (aswell as the other two guys). Once had a group of 2 heals 2 DPS in Korriban tactical, me being one of the healers, and easily the worst equipped person in the group. Respecced to DPS (after asking for consent) because DPS was near non-existent with fights taking all of the forevers, and boom, fights sped up a lot. Some people should try playing the darn game instead of fiddling with their dangly parts.

BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

JouerTue
02.15.2015 , 05:14 PM | #5879
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueShiftRecall View Post

1. A low level Jugg DPS who NEVER heals between mob fights and will jump to the next one on 20% health and then will try to run away when he gets at about 5%. Proceeds to blame us every time he dies (and that’s a lot).
2. A level 30-ish Jugg Tank who seems to think that tanking means to run into a room grab EVERY single mob and then leave us DPS to clean up whilst he runs to the next room/mob pulling as many as possible as fast as possible and then gets shirty when we all die.
3. A 20 something sith tank assassin says he won’t tank and will just DPS with us other 3 DPS. He doesn’t change to DPS stance. I decide to take lead and initiate the attacks because everyone else is just standing around waiting for someone to. Not long in the Tank gets shirty at me for pulling before him even though he said at the very beginning he didn’t want to tank. I say fine and we get to the next mob and I wait but the tank does nothing I ask him what he's doing and get a reply along the lines of, “OMG I said I’m not tank DUH!!” SO he wants me to pull but then he tanks after that? I still don't know.
4. This isn’t just once but something I have seen very VERY often. Sniper’s who stand in one position and DON’T move, ok sure fine it’s only KDY but when they stand right next to the health stations in boss fights and yet REFUSE to click them at all it really annoys me.
5. One Koris run with 3 DPS and 1 healer. The healer had been only ever DPS’ing so far which was fine as we never got into much issue. On this boss fight he says I will heal and we agree. The healer than proceeds to “heal” us by just clicking the healing stations and nothing else! He will run from one side of the room to the other clicking the station whenever they are ready if we need them or not and when neither are clickable won’t heal us at all.
6. One run I had a sith sorcerer who I can only assume was trolling as she would just randomly RP in the chat (I’m on Harbringer BTW) between mob fights by saying really weird stuff like “charactername dances seductively in front of x” or "charactername twerks at x" and would continue to do stuff like that to us other 3 DPS the entire FP.
can't wait these guys reach 60 and start doing endgame
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

bluecheesebandit
02.15.2015 , 05:19 PM | #5880
First boss of the new Blood Hunt FP. Zoned in to two marauder dps. I guess I'm proud of them for stickin' it to the man and still playing marauders but... One is a marauder who I know is pretty good at PVP, the other is a random I've never met. Both have around 49k health, 192s mostly. I was healing on my merc and had already beat the flashpoint once today on my sniper and had watched dulfy's vids on them and noticed her enrage timer (3:25) and from my combat log we'd killed it under 3 minutes with my group.

After we had it at 50% on the first pull after 3 minutes (died to adds after a dps died to blue circles) I let em know they need to up the dps or this isn't happening. The one marauder I don't know gets all offended. "MY DPS IS GREAT OK" and I'm like well what'd you parse. All I get is "?". Dude, its cool if you don't want to get serious about PVE, but don't try to come off as knowing how good your damage is when you DON'T *********** KNOW. I told him that hey, you don't actually know your damage done if you're not running parsec or starparse bruh. He quit the group and we got a merc with 40k HP fresh off of Yavin 4 story questline... Gave that one a few more pulls and apologized to the group and bowed out.

Suffice to say I don't think I'll be queing for randoms for a while. I'm super glad they stepped up the difficulty (wish it would've been more for the final bosses of each, they're quite boring) but some people have to actually L2P.