Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This isn't goodbye…

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
02.13.2015 , 11:56 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Almost four(!) years ago, I joined the SWTOR Community team. It’s been an amazing ride and I’ve learned so much not only from my teammates (yes, even Musco ), but all of you. Your constant enthusiasm and passion for SWTOR has been a daily motivator for me. From Cantinas to livestreams, I’ve enjoyed meeting some of you and chatting about everything from string cheese to our favorite companions.

I would only give up these daily interactions with all of you for a truly great opportunity. I am happy to announce that I have been offered my dream job of becoming a writer at BioWare. This has been my career goal ever since I first loaded up Dragon Age: Origins. At the time, I was leaning more into comics, but that game literally changed my life – I switched career paths and have done everything in my power to reach this point. To say I am excited would be a great understatement! I’ve been over the moon since I was offered the position.

I’ll still be around – less in General Discussion and more in Story and Lore – but I will no longer be a member of the community team. I look forward to hearing your feedback when my work goes into the game. If you want to see some of my work, check out the Darth Marr and Theron Shan blogs we recently posted!

Thank you for a great four years! I’ll see y’all around.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarkDisturbed
02.13.2015 , 12:02 PM | #2
Congratulations! Will your old job be phased out or will we be seeing a replacement?
Vriff
Jedi Covenant Founder of Legendary Republic

strallart
02.13.2015 , 12:02 PM | #3
No!!!! First Pokket, and now you! =(

I wish you the best of luck at being a writer, I can't wait to see what you create,

NSStember
02.13.2015 , 12:07 PM | #4
That is truly amazing! As an aspiring writer I'm jealous, but as a fan of SWTOR I'm thrilled you'll be joining the writing team. I hope you create some fantastic new stories for us and I can't wait to see what you write up

DarthDymond
02.13.2015 , 12:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Almost four(!) years ago, I joined the SWTOR Community team. It’s been an amazing ride and I’ve learned so much not only from my teammates (yes, even Musco ), but all of you. Your constant enthusiasm and passion for SWTOR has been a daily motivator for me. From Cantinas to livestreams, I’ve enjoyed meeting some of you and chatting about everything from string cheese to our favorite companions.

I would only give up these daily interactions with all of you for a truly great opportunity. I am happy to announce that I have been offered my dream job of becoming a writer at BioWare. This has been my career goal ever since I first loaded up Dragon Age: Origins. At the time, I was leaning more into comics, but that game literally changed my life – I switched career paths and have done everything in my power to reach this point. To say I am excited would be a great understatement! I’ve been over the moon since I was offered the position.

I’ll still be around – less in General Discussion and more in Story and Lore – but I will no longer be a member of the community team. I look forward to hearing your feedback when my work goes into the game. If you want to see some of my work, check out the Darth Marr and Theron Shan blogs we recently posted!

Thank you for a great four years! I’ll see y’all around.
That's fantastic news Courtney! Congratulations
Looking forward to seeing your work - in this game and hopefully in many others in the years to come.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Caernos
02.13.2015 , 12:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NSStember View Post
That is truly amazing! As an aspiring writer I'm jealous, but as a fan of SWTOR I'm thrilled you'll be joining the writing team. I hope you create some fantastic new stories for us and I can't wait to see what you write up
What they said.

Congratulations Courtney and best of luck with your new role.
Cynfor Cinderheart and the Cinderheart Legacy: The Ebon Hawk
The FanFic Works of Caernos:
Red Invitation, Parents,
Beskar Bonds and Cinder Hearts

LyraineAlei
02.13.2015 , 12:12 PM | #7
Congratulations! I look forward to your storytelling prowess making an appearance in-game!

MorgenBlue
02.13.2015 , 12:17 PM | #8
Grats on becoming a writer. I think you was one of the better staff on the CM team though and with Pokkets recent departure the CM team is getting a bit thin. This is probably more of a question for Eric but will you guys be hiring someone new for the CM team to replace Courtney? (Is it true it will be Fridge SA? )

Ranadicus
02.13.2015 , 12:18 PM | #9
Speaking as an aspiring writer huge congrats

Speaking as a fan of the community stream I'll miss the girl with the dragon cup

Will I get to see you again at PAX South I hope?
╬╬╬╬╬╬⋐⋑()[███████████████████████████████)CE 7/21 7:44 AM 10/4 beta drinking game survivor

FrozenGoalie
02.13.2015 , 12:20 PM | #10
Congratulations! Glad you're getting the chance to do your dream job I absolutely loved those two blogs, they were great!
The Starrunner Legacy
<A Slight Weapons Malfunction> <Shadow Council>
<No Such Thing As Luck>
The Ebon Hawk