Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In what year, and how old were you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
In what year, and how old were you?

InfamousDman
12.26.2011 , 06:05 PM | #91
Sometime in 1996. I was 4. It was Episode 4, he told me these were some of the best movies when he grew up.
"He may of at last found some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find"- Mr. Graham-The Last Samurai

Ragnab
12.26.2011 , 06:15 PM | #92
I was about six in 94, first time I watched it was Ep 4 with a group of friends and we'd never seen it before. Then we watched Empire Stikes Back and RoTJ stright after. We were cheering and playing Jedi. Oh it was awesome!
Jedi Consular - Sage, with Force Powers and s--t!
Jedi Knight - Sentinel, double the glowstick for double the rave!

Sinister-Sith
12.26.2011 , 07:40 PM | #93
'97, I was seven years of age. The Star Wars Trilogy had just been released on VHS (the special edition, anyway). A friend of mine allowed me to borrow it, and I swear I must've watched each movie about three times before I gave it back to him.

I've been a fan ever since! I sold a lot of my stuff throughout the years, but now is the time when I am looking to get it all back!
Intel Core i5 650 3.2GHz OC'd to 4.33GHz | ATI Radeon 6850 1024MB GDDR5 x2 | 12GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM 1333MHz | 7200.12RPM Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Kelloch
12.26.2011 , 09:32 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by _Pi_ View Post
Meant to post these links yesterday, but I got sidetracked. This is the vinyl picturedisk of the soundtrack from Ep. IV.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...lstarwars.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...starwars2.jpg/

Since you are a younger SW fan, I wanted to ask... ROTJ is your favorite episode, so do you prefer the version where the ending was changed (young Anakin instead of the original)?
Awesome. I'm going to look for my records when I get home.

SithZigg
12.27.2011 , 12:34 AM | #95
1977, baby! I was all of 4 years old when my parents took me to see Episode IV. I never really put much thought into it until I was much older, and was like "I was there when it began, oh hell ya."
I'm a Sith Enchantress, I do evil Sith dances! And when you look into my eyes, I'll put you in trances! And you know what I'll do? I will make a Sith brew! And finish you off with force lighting too! Soooooooooooo, watch out!

Vitalis
12.27.2011 , 12:58 AM | #96
1996 - Empire Strikes Back, the remastered edition with my mother, i was 8 at that time.

Been trying to construct lightsaber since then.
...we got cookies....
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Vitaliss lvl 53 Sith Sorcery Healer
Beta Tester

malcantar
12.27.2011 , 02:34 AM | #97
I don't remember the month, but I remember my dad telling me that we went and saw it when it came out, we were in line for hours in Galveston, Texas to go see it. I was only a few months old so I don't have memories of that experience but I know I grew up with it, I remember my first Millenium Falcon toy, it was as big as me! All the action figures and stuff! Yes, I'm old, but I grew up in the generation as video games came to household consoles and enjoy playing still!

ShotByBothSides
12.27.2011 , 03:22 AM | #98
Star Wars IV was my first, and was seen in the cinema in the year of its original release.

A bunch of us 20 something’s from my workplace went to the Dominion Cinema (now a theatre) in London's Tottenham Court Road and we were all completely amazed by the whole experience. You have to remember we had not been treated to such intense CGI before and the surround sound was very, very loud indeed, and I am sure we had had some pre movie inhalations too.

We loved it so much that booked in again the following week and this time also took some clients to see it, all on company expenses

KorloAlentis
12.27.2011 , 03:55 AM | #99
In 1999, I don't know if I saw Episode I or IV first, but at least I saw them all on video that year, and has loved them ever since.