Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Balmorra Traken 4 legacy

Telirious
12.21.2011 , 09:39 PM | #1
Has anyone figured this out? Myself and 2 others have been messing with it for an hour and can't !
"Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel don't think.. Use your instincts."

ReynoldsCK
12.23.2011 , 11:42 PM | #2
I don't get this quest either. I've looked online for help, and I've spent about 2 hours trying to figure out, but gave up....grant you, I was tired with lack of sleep...but still....:P I guess this riddle isn't my forte; quest deleted.

TudorMic
12.24.2011 , 07:56 AM | #3
I've just done it.

When you turn on or off a pillar the ones that are connected to it will change their previous state.

The key is the middle pillar. What you have to do is make sure that the middle pillar is OFF and that the ones connected to it are OFF (it has 4 connections) and the other pillars are ON. This way when you turn ON the middle pillar it will automatically turn ON 5 pillars at the same time (the 4 connected and itself).

The quest reward is poor, not really worth it. You get more from a pvp match

Amento
12.26.2011 , 06:11 AM | #4
I think the quest was cool, but I think the area should have been clear of enemies so that you wouldn't have to bother with those all the time, and also that you could see the status of a tower from any direction (and not just the way the console is facing)
NYANPRIME | JEDI SHADOW | SCEPTER OF RAGNOS

SWTOR FAN ART | "Remember the 15th of December"

nemhook
12.26.2011 , 08:27 AM | #5
It's a ******** quest and shouldn't be in the game, its all very well saying all 4 plus middle needs to be off, but without the actual sequence your explanations means just squat.

Forthing
12.27.2011 , 03:02 AM | #6
Definitely one of the more annoying quests out there.

Basically how I did it was write it down on a piece of paper noting which 1 was on and which 1 was off.

After that my main goal was to make sure they were all off, so I could have a fresh start.

From there it's simple. Once you have all the pillars off, hit every pillar that is NOT connected to the center pillar in a clockwise rotation. After that hit the center pillar and bam. The turret is on.

Boffin
12.28.2011 , 02:24 AM | #7
The one physically attached to the gun is #1, then counter-clockwise around, with #9 being the center one (attached to the even #s)
gun (1 only)
456 (keep in mind 1,3,7,5 not connected to 9)

I can't give you exact directions to get all down, we played around with it for about 30 minutes, ended up with only #7 lit up. From there it was 1, 5, 3, 7, then 9 to get all off.

Once they are all off you hit 9 (center) then 1, 7, 3, 5 (the ones not connected to center) and that will have them all lit up.

It might help if you draw this out on a bit of paper, did wonders for my group.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

DarkGran
12.28.2011 , 12:55 PM | #8
Use a pen, draw a picture and think about how you could use that middle column.

Quest is not lame, it's just a riddle (and lots of people today get frustrated by riddles, I get it, I was frustrated too ), its problem is that the reward should be much higher (it must be worth at least a pack of cigarettes if you know what I mean).

tearsofpain
12.31.2011 , 02:41 AM | #9
There's no cookie cutter answer.
It depends on what lights are on when you get there.

Here's a java script table, use a 3x3 table and select which lights are currently on. Select Solve and use the answer shown to achieve the quest.

http://www.ueda.info.waseda.ac.jp/~n...out/index.html

Niely
01.05.2012 , 03:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by tearsofpain View Post
There's no cookie cutter answer.
It depends on what lights are on when you get there.

Here's a java script table, use a 3x3 table and select which lights are currently on. Select Solve and use the answer shown to achieve the quest.

http://www.ueda.info.waseda.ac.jp/~n...out/index.html
That link worked. Took me some time to figure out which color I wanted to set for what is ON and OFF.

Thanks!