Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cant change my resolution?! The game wont let me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Cant change my resolution?! The game wont let me

EmperorsMinion
12.27.2011 , 02:03 AM | #1
When first starting the game everything went well. However the game set graphics resolution to the highest option possible. My laptop cant quite keep up with that, no big deal there. However when I try to decrease the resolution the screen goes blank, i can clearly see a change in the mouse graphics which is hopeful, there is a pause, the screen cuts out again and reloads in the same topnotch resolution. For some reason it is not letting me decrease it. I know others have had similar problems but I am not seeing any solutions. Any suggestions or anything at all??? Its keeping me from playing!

Konfig
12.27.2011 , 02:29 AM | #2
There is a confirmation window that pops up AFAIK, but it disappears too fast for you to see it and confirm.

You can go into C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\se ttings\, and manually modify client_settings.ini and Graphics_Mirror.ini to the resolution you want, then reload. A bit messy, but at least it gets the job done.

If you don't type it manually into the address bar then you might have to get Windows to show hidden folders before you can see AppData.