Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Open world PvP suggestion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Open world PvP suggestion

HKtheindomitable
12.27.2011 , 01:23 AM | #1
[Request: If this is already mentioned, someone working at BioWare please link me to the thread, give me a couple days to ensure I put this there and then delete this if you want.]

Statement: Now don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way. I like a PvP skirmish now and then. I don't have a problem with it, except when the high level campers are the ones attacking lower levels. I also know I'm not the only one. So I propose this:

Suggestion: I think there needs to be a limit to what level player a certain level player can hit, how long it is between times a player can hit a player, and how many players can strike a lower level player and vice verse.

Clarification: This is OPEN WORLD PvP ONLY.

Extrapolation: What I mean by that is that you can't hit someone unless they're at most 3 levels below you. It's getting annoying when a level 36 player sits outside of an outpost CAMPING to strike those who are 5 to 10- levels below them and just pummeling them relentlessly after each revive, especially when missions intercept and you're a LONG way from any med center (e.g. Taris or Tatooine). If they want to attack someone lower than them, they have to request it.

Continuation: Regarding the length of time between player attacks: There should be a time restraint of how long it is until a player can be attacked if they were just in a battle with another player. Also you cannot attack another player when they're fighting the NPCs and after for 1 min. This doesn't mean that a player can't attack anyone after a fight, just not the same player for 1 min.

Extrapolation: As for the number of players verses a player: We'll say a level 30 wants to attack a level 27. That level 27 can have ONE other player help them. The level 30 can't. BUT, if that level 30 attacks a level 29 player, it's strictly a 1v1. I say it this way because the difference between a level 30 and 28 is still significant.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild

Tamernator
12.27.2011 , 01:35 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
[Request: If this is already mentioned, someone working at BioWare please link me to the thread, give me a couple days to ensure I put this there and then delete this if you want.]

Statement: Now don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way. I like a PvP skirmish now and then. I don't have a problem with it, except when the high level campers are the ones attacking lower levels. I also know I'm not the only one. So I propose this:

Suggestion: I think there needs to be a limit to what level player a certain level player can hit, how long it is between times a player can hit a player, and how many players can strike a lower level player and vice verse.

Clarification: This is OPEN WORLD PvP ONLY.

Extrapolation: What I mean by that is that you can't hit someone unless they're at most 3 levels below you. It's getting annoying when a level 36 player sits outside of an outpost CAMPING to strike those who are 5 to 10- levels below them and just pummeling them relentlessly after each revive, especially when missions intercept and you're a LONG way from any med center (e.g. Taris or Tatooine). If they want to attack someone lower than them, they have to request it.

Continuation: Regarding the length of time between player attacks: There should be a time restraint of how long it is until a player can be attacked if they were just in a battle with another player. Also you cannot attack another player when they're fighting the NPCs and after for 1 min. This doesn't mean that a player can't attack anyone after a fight, just not the same player for 1 min.

Extrapolation: As for the number of players verses a player: We'll say a level 30 wants to attack a level 27. That level 27 can have ONE other player help them. The level 30 can't. BUT, if that level 30 attacks a level 29 player, it's strictly a 1v1. I say it this way because the difference between a level 30 and 28 is still significant.
Limit this, limit that, cant this , cant that . Lets be honest , if you want open world to be only fair fights then go to PVE server and make duels with players or go to warzone.

RCducks
12.27.2011 , 01:46 AM | #3
If somebody rolls on a PvP server, they know the rules, you can get attacked anytime and anywhere on neutral territory. If somebody doesn't like that, than they need to reroll to PvE. Anybody who rolls PvP and cries about being ganked is an idiot, you signed up for it.

HKtheindomitable
12.27.2011 , 01:59 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamernator View Post
Limit this, limit that, cant this , cant that . Lets be honest , if you want open world to be only fair fights then go to PVE server and make duels with players or go to warzone.
Statement: Naturally the first one to post is a troll/ignorant meatbag who's only point in life is to search the forums finding every post they can to correct everyone who they think is wrong on the internet.

Sarcastic Statement: Thanks for reading. I really appreciated how you looked things over and thought it through before posting. And if you did, I'm glad you considered the fact that there are other people who play this game on a PvP server because of the open world PvP, but don't like the high level campers.

Sarcastic Realization: *GASP* There are other players too! It didn't occur to me. Others would like to play this game for a long time. BioWare would like players to play this game for a long time as well. WHO KNEW?!

Assumption: If you're not one of those troll/ ignorant meatbags, then you're one of the ignorant meatbags who likes to camp and ambush the lower level players and then bashes those who bring it up on the forums without any consideration of other players.

Statement: Telling obvious whiners off is one thing. This isn't whining.

Fact: You would have realized that if you had taken the time to READ what was posted and thought about it.

Recommendation: If you don't like it, be constructive and reasonable in your comments and express why you wouldn't like it ( "This is stupid." "I wish people would stop with the QQ." does NOT help). If you or anyone else can't perform such a simple task, then keep your thoughts to yourself.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild