Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Retail Key Question (Digital)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Retail Key Question (Digital)

AllBusiness
12.13.2011 , 04:07 PM | #1
Hello everyone...and grats to those who are playing already =] I was wondering if/when I will be receiving my actual retail cd-key via e-mail?

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

I entered the pre-order code for the advanced download...is this my retail CD key as well? Just checking to make sure I will be good to go when my account gets flagged for play.

Cheers!
Business

AllBusiness
12.13.2011 , 04:11 PM | #2
bumping for a hopeful response. threads are moving quickly today

Chefmann
12.13.2011 , 04:15 PM | #3
I know origin is starting to send them out on the 16th via email...

AllBusiness
12.13.2011 , 04:21 PM | #4
Thanks for the response...appreciate it. So will I be able to play the Early Access until i get my actual retail key? Or will i have to wait until the 16th (or whenever it is) to play? Cheers again for the responses

_KrYn_
12.13.2011 , 04:25 PM | #5
I have the same problem and I'm really really dreaming on this now... please send the keys and inv digital players too..

AllBusiness
12.13.2011 , 04:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by _KrYn_ View Post
I have the same problem and I'm really really dreaming on this now... please send the keys and inv digital players too..
You used Origins as well? I'm really hoping we get our key the same time/shortly after our account gets flagged for play. Hoping someone can answer our query

lualar
12.13.2011 , 04:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AllBusiness View Post
Thanks for the response...appreciate it. So will I be able to play the Early Access until i get my actual retail key? Or will i have to wait until the 16th (or whenever it is) to play? Cheers again for the responses
Early Access is based on the code you have already redeemed. As of the 16th Origin will start to send out the actual game codes to those who purchased, and also take the rest of the money (only a deposit has been paid to Origin)

You want to get this code onto your account ASAP, so you can continue to play - if you don't do it by the 20th you can't sign in until you redeem it, you don't lose a lot of time if you forget, but obviously it's best to do it once you get it and not leave it until the last minute
The Pythagoras Legacy on Nightmare Lands EU
Tetractys | SIS | OPs DPS | 50 ---- Upsilon | SWJ | PvP Tank | 50 --- Theorem | BHM | Healer | levelling

evinced
12.13.2011 , 04:32 PM | #8
I spoke to Origin support earlier and they indicated that the initial code is just the pre-order code to get you in early. By the 20th they will bill your CC the remaining balance and send the registration code at that time. Apparently for the $5 pre-order fee only got you the early access code. Hope their information was accurate.

AllBusiness
12.13.2011 , 04:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lualar View Post
Early Access is based on the code you have already redeemed. As of the 16th Origin will start to send out the actual game codes to those who purchased, and also take the rest of the money (only a deposit has been paid to Origin)

You want to get this code onto your account ASAP, so you can continue to play - if you don't do it by the 20th you can't sign in until you redeem it, you don't lose a lot of time if you forget, but obviously it's best to do it once you get it and not leave it until the last minute
This makes a lot of sense...i'll sleep easier lol. My pre-order key will act as a "filler" until I receieve my retail CD-key for the game. Hopefully this is correct but it sounds right =] Thanks again hope this helps people.

lualar
12.13.2011 , 04:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AllBusiness View Post
This makes a lot of sense...i'll sleep easier lol. My pre-order key will act as a "filler" until I receieve my retail CD-key for the game. Hopefully this is correct but it sounds right =] Thanks again hope this helps people.
Correct ... sleep well!
The Pythagoras Legacy on Nightmare Lands EU
Tetractys | SIS | OPs DPS | 50 ---- Upsilon | SWJ | PvP Tank | 50 --- Theorem | BHM | Healer | levelling