Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devoted Allies Assault Blaster Pistol - Cannot be equipped by C2-N2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Devoted Allies Assault Blaster Pistol - Cannot be equipped by C2-N2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nekogunner
12.05.2014 , 01:54 PM | #1
I ran into a problem regarding the legacy bound weapon you get for your companion upon arriving at Rishi. I picked the pistol for Elara Dorne. I noticed it says it can also be given to both ship droid variants as well as blizz. I amused that he could finally be given a weapon, but when I try to equip the weapon to him the game states he doesn't have the skill required to equip it. Just like he always has.

C2-N2 needs to ability to equip said pistol. Was this a bug/error adding the droids to the list of compatible companions or was it an error not giving them the ability to equip a pistol?

ArcTrooperElite
12.05.2014 , 01:59 PM | #2
I can only assume that the tooltip was a mistake. To my knowledge ship droids have never had a weapon proficiency and they even point this out to you in their initial conversation saying that they "aren't programmed for combat". Have to admit I was scratching my head when I read that tooltip.

nekogunner
12.07.2014 , 03:19 AM | #3
Got a reply from Customer Service and it has been confirmed as a bug. Was told that I should report it through the game as a bug so that it will be fixed in a future patch.

Kunovega
12.31.2014 , 07:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by nekogunner View Post
I ran into a problem regarding the legacy bound weapon you get for your companion upon arriving at Rishi. I picked the pistol for Elara Dorne. I noticed it says it can also be given to both ship droid variants as well as blizz. I amused that he could finally be given a weapon, but when I try to equip the weapon to him the game states he doesn't have the skill required to equip it. Just like he always has.

C2-N2 needs to ability to equip said pistol. Was this a bug/error adding the droids to the list of compatible companions or was it an error not giving them the ability to equip a pistol?
The ship droids could use pistols back in beta pre-launch. What they found was everyone using the ship droids as healers and not using the other companions so they took away the ability to equip a weapon to make them sub par healers people would only use for the novelty value

Similar issue with the blaster rifle being equippable to Kaliyo and T7, they were nerfed in beta so that if they equip a rifle they lose the ability to have an offhand. But currently the devoted allies weapons state the rifles are for kaliyo and T7, but the (aim) pistols are not

What it looks like to me is whoever set these weapons up used a spread sheet from early beta and does not actually play the game to know any better
This is not the signature you're looking for... But since you are here, use this link:
http://www.swtor.com/r/Xv5WwL
Get free stuff (mailed to you in game on every character) and a Free Character Transfer!

Nightgard
01.03.2015 , 06:54 PM | #5
Bump.

Can't use the Blaster Pistol on Kaliyo , this is stupid.

FattyMoMatty
01.21.2015 , 09:11 AM | #6
Bump.

Been sitting in my inventory for almost 2 months. Still no fix.

TaitWatson
01.28.2015 , 03:31 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

As of 3.1, your ship droids will have completed a Basic Marksmanship course and will be able to equip weapons that they are listed on.

Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kirazy
01.28.2015 , 03:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey folks,

As of 3.1, your ship droids will have completed a Basic Marksmanship course and will be able to equip weapons that they are listed on.

Tait
What about Ensign Temple not having a 192 Legacy Companion offhand she can use?

Eqor
01.28.2015 , 03:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirazy View Post
What about Ensign Temple not having a 192 Legacy Companion offhand she can use?
That was already fixed.

TUXs
01.28.2015 , 04:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey folks,

Tait
Awesome Tait!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)