Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for a new role...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Looking for a new role...

Drankou
12.26.2011 , 07:38 PM | #1
Hey guys,

I am looking to get a new role seeing this is a new game and tanking just seems boring to me now a days. What class would you recommend for either a good DPS or a good Healer. I am looking more towards the healing side seeing most people are not wanting to go heals, but a hybrid class would be worth while also.

Also was curious, what is the least class people have seen around the game on both Republic and Sith side? I plan to make one for each so any input is great!

Thanks in advance!

Tharenisis
12.26.2011 , 08:56 PM | #2
Well since you stated you have played tank for a bit I would suggest one of the stealthier class. Being able to size up your fights and attack at the right time is one of the funnest things I find about being one. That and they are all melee so it wouldn't be an extreme game play change for you. Going from a in front line tank to an in the back healer/dps is sometimes a hard transition.

So start with an
IA Operative (Concealment spec)
Smuggler Scoundrel (Scrapper spec)
Jedi Shadow (Don't know spec name)
Sith Assassin (Don't know spec name)

Both the IA Operative and Smuggler have healing trees, so if you ever feel like healing you can respec into it.
"C2-N2 - The only thing that crits is his voice in your earchannel!" - Georg "Observer" Zoeller

AlchemistLocke
12.26.2011 , 09:06 PM | #3
Depends on your playstyles, I do believe.....

Each of the classes heal and DPS differently.

Drankou
12.26.2011 , 09:12 PM | #4
When it comes to my play style, I have always been up front. So I think switching to range would be a new game for me. Was thinking of either trying a Shadow/Assassin or Sage/Sorcerer seeing both of these offer new styles of play. As for I could also tank if I do decide on rolling a Shadow or Assassin.

I guess only way to find out if to try each class out. Although, what is a good level to get to before you think you get a feel for the class?

AlchemistLocke
12.26.2011 , 09:15 PM | #5
When in doubt... Go to level 50...

joscomi
12.27.2011 , 01:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Drankou View Post
When it comes to my play style, I have always been up front. So I think switching to range would be a new game for me. Was thinking of either trying a Shadow/Assassin or Sage/Sorcerer seeing both of these offer new styles of play. As for I could also tank if I do decide on rolling a Shadow or Assassin.

I guess only way to find out if to try each class out. Although, what is a good level to get to before you think you get a feel for the class?
try a commando, it is a really fun class.